Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

My RCT3 Recreation of Marriott's GAm Gurnee 1981

Talk about RCT 2, RCT, No Limits, Hyper Rails, Scream Machines or any other Rollercoaster related game here.
Postby ttd rox on January 22nd, 2008, 1:12 pm
I know I started a RCT3 Recreation of 2008 and did't finish it. (Another failure.) This one is going to be a lot easier and more fun for me to do 1981 Marriott's Great America Gurnee version. I will have all the rides. (Note: I may not have all the shops and exact food places though. Roller coaster such as Tidal Wave, whizzer, Demon, and American Eagle. This is American Eagle's first year at the park. This is going to be hard to make! I'm adding mist particles effects to Demon's tunnels to give it a cool affect since this was Demon's second year called Demon. If anybody can send me track recreations of AE Red and Blue that would be great! JK! Screens will be coming up soon!
Top 3 Steel Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)

Top 3 Wood Coasters: 1. The Beast 2. American Eagle (Red) 3. Hades
ttd rox

Postby demon boy on January 22nd, 2008, 9:47 pm
First of all, good luck, you will need it. Second, unless you have an up to date video card, RCT3 does not have the power (or vid card doesnt) to have a prk such as SFGAM. Any large park you want to do, it will lag severly. Youre better off doing it in sections as i did. It will help in the long run.

Just a tip
-RCT3 is great for landscaping. USE IT. There are a lot of hills and such at GAM that you could really tackle
demon boy

Postby ttd rox on January 23rd, 2008, 4:38 pm
Making the hills and putting the rides on it will be a litttle more tough than having a smooth surface. I'll add a few hills but not many. I'm going to add a lot of trees except older pictures of Whizzer white with very few trees. It was kind of white wasn't it? I may be mistaken. I've already started on Carousel Plaza.
Top 3 Steel Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)

ttd rox

Postby revolutiongurl on January 23rd, 2008, 4:45 pm
^ This should help:
When designing the coaster, make the station platform. Then make the track dip down before making the rest of the coaster. On the designing field it will look like the track is underground, but when you put the coaster in your actual park the entire track will be above ground. That way you should be able to put it on slopes and such.

Good luck!
Eh.......I got nothing.
revolutiongurl

Postby ttd rox on January 23rd, 2008, 5:15 pm
I'm confused on what your talking about because this is Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 I'm talking about. And which coaster are you talking about or all of them?

ttd rox

Postby revolutiongurl on January 23rd, 2008, 5:44 pm
I mean any coasters you are making. And I have RCT3 as well and I can do it.
Eh.......I got nothing.
revolutiongurl

Postby ttd rox on January 23rd, 2008, 6:44 pm
Where. Do you just mean on the actual grid squares in the #d mode or something like you do in No Limits kind of grid?

ttd rox

Postby ttd rox on January 25th, 2008, 4:25 pm
I've finished Demon, Whizzer, and Carousel Plaza!

ttd rox

Postby frightfestkid on January 25th, 2008, 5:23 pm
Can we see pics
God bless NIU
Next SFGAm trip: Today May 1st
SFGAm '10 ride count-53
frightfestkid

Postby ttd rox on January 25th, 2008, 6:56 pm
In a little bit!^ I just have to fix a few things up because I have to add more room in the scenario editor.

ttd rox

Postby ttd rox on January 30th, 2008, 5:24 pm
I'm going to have to start over with Whizzer and Demon becasue I need more room.

ttd rox

Postby zmorris on February 17th, 2008, 1:19 pm
hmmm

lol

I think i was 1 of maybe 3 to actually complete a SFGAm recreation. Best way to do it is get a GOOD chunk of the park done before actually posting on here that you're going to recreate it. Most people that post on here haven't even started making the park and say that they're going to recreate it. First you must get committed to the park and stick with it so you complete it.
Zack Morris
Formally CoasterKing
zmorris

Postby ttd rox on February 17th, 2008, 8:11 pm
I forgot about this. :lol: I'm playing it and working on it right now! I might have to make it a 1980 recreation because I can't make AE. I've attemted many time but fail every time! Unless a get a download of it I can't do it. zmorris can I have a download of your SFGam recreation? Or is it only for RCT2?

ttd rox

Return to Games