Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

August 13th!!

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby nkavy71 on August 13th, 2003, 10:42 pm
so this was my 4th time this year- Well I just gotta say i'm psyched that Deja Vu is finally and steadily up and running! I went with my family, two grandparents little brother and my uncle- we got to the park at around 10 and by the time we got inside it was like 1015. so after a little messing around and just getting situated (you know how it is with family) me and my uncle went straight to Superman. The line, as it always is first thing in the morning, was ridiculous so we didn't wait and instead we went to V2. second row, next best thing to the front. AMAZING what a rush, next we saw deja vu was running so we headed over there right away, waited about 30-45 minutes including a short break-down that lasted about 5 minutes. DEJA VU seriously is the only roller coaster in the park that SCARES me, it's insane!!, being lift up facedown and then dropping is terrifying by itself, and when youre going through the loops forwards and backwards you really have no idea which way is up. i love that ride! next was raging bull- we waited an hour and a half for it and rode in the very back row, amaaazing! great airtime. then we headed back met up with the family, had a tailgate lunch in the parking lot, went on roaring rapids which was fun- the wait was like 45 minutes. after we saw this ice skating show at the grand music hall which was actually pretty impressive for a six flags show and all- then we split up again me and my uncle went to superman and waited about an hour and a half. superman is pretty cool, it's just a little too short, but that pretzel-loop is just crazy! the ride broke down for about 10-15 minutes too and so we were hanging there on the brakes waiting to get in the station, and it really starts to get painful after a while. after that we hit batman which was a 30 minute wait, still a great, and intense ride (i almost blacked out on the first loop and a few other places) and smoother than ever. next was iron wolf, i know a lotta people hate that ride but i really like it, it's fast and intense, with all the really tight curves, and you actually get a pretty good amount of air, it banged my head around practically on every single change of direction but i dealt. the wait was about 20 minutes. so we met back up with the rest of the family at around 8 (you know GRANDPARENTS are otherwise we woulda stayed til closing) and got a funnel cake on the way out.overall a really awesome trip but it was a little too crowded... another thing i really really regretted not being able to make it on viper especially cause its fast fun and packed with airtime, and also american eagle cause i love those two rides, and they actually make an effort to race the eagle too now which is nice!p.s. if you havent been on deja vu before and youre planning on going, do NOT miss it, its crazy- also is it just me or does deja vu's new train go a WHOLE LOT faster than the old one did??[/b]
nkavy71

Return to Trip Reports