Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Spring Break Iggy Style Pt 1.

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby Iggy ACE on April 18th, 2013, 8:23 pm
As we have done for many years now, we head out to Vegas/California for spring break. This year we started in Vegas for the Monster Jam World Finals XIV. This was our 8th year in a row for this and 9th overall. Monster trucks is our winter hobby and some of the drivers have come to know us in one way or another. We have a few drivers that see us and may not know us by name but remember us from different shows.

SATURDAY

So on Saturday before the racing and freestyle show they have a giant pit party where you can get the drivers autograph and take pictures with them. We have made a few banners for a couple drivers to show our support for them.

Son Uva Digger is one of our newer favorite drivers as of late. This kid can drive the hell out of his truck.

This is Karen's boyfriend. She thinks he's cute. I guess I can see it!

This has become a tradition of taking photos like this and kinda started here. We get the same general area for seats every year. This year we had a girl walking up and sat two rows behind us and offered to take our picture for this shot but we graciously declined as we like to do this on our own. She asked again after a couple attempts due to Karen blinking but again declined. Fast forward to Californias Adventure on Tuesday we are standing out front of Animation Academy seeing what characters the kids can draw at what times. We are talking with the Cast Member about it for a few minutes when she gets this look on her face and asks if we were at the Monster Trucks in Vegas. Turns out she was the girl that asked to take our picture for us. Talk about a small world!

Couple lessons learned.
1. Don't book a 7am flight and have a full day planned when you land. We were exhausted.
2. Don't cut your hair short and not get sun on it before you leave for Vegas sun.
3. Just cause it's only 60* don't forget to put sunscreen on newly shave head.
4. Pack sunscreen!

SUNDAY

We headed out early Sunday morning to beat the insane traffic headed to LA. So being a day we could waste we headed to SFMM to get Casey a credit he needed and Caitlyn a few she has missed. We get there about noonish and park isn't to busy but we just had a few things we wanted to hit and head down by Disney to relax in the hotel.

Family shot.

We headed up to Superman for Casey and get to wait about 40 minutes for it. Forgot this ride can be fun since we haven't ridden in years. Got launched backwards and watched Casey's face and his reaction put a smile on my face!

Casey's first ride.

So we head down the other side of the mountain and Karen and Caitlyn were going to wait for Green Lantern and me and the boys headed to Goliath. We were to meet up at Lex Luthor Drop after. After we rode Goliath we find out that they didn't ride cause Caitlyn got sick before riding. We think the heat and her sunburn got to her. So me and the boys ride Lex. I tell you what, I like the drop but the tower swaying side to side made me very uneasy. Not a fan of that!

Casey made Gage and Caitlyn take a photo with him. They weren't to happy!

So we get done and Casey took Caitlyn on Road Runner's Express so she got that credit atleast. We headed out after being in the park for like three hours, thank god for season passes and the free parking on our pass. We head towards Disney to check into our hotel for the night. Made good time with very little traffic. After checking in and taking luggage up and getting settled in the room I take Casey to Knott's Berry Farm. Well we don't have passes anymore and we didn't have time for a full day here so I got a 'shoppers pass'. I paid for general admission but as long as we were back in 45 minutes we get a refund. Well last year Casey got all his credits he could but Pony Express was closed so we headed back and it was a full que (damn). We waited and I nervously watching the clock.

SUCCESS!!!!!!! We had to run back with two minutes to spare!

We head back and pick Karen and the kids up and hit In and Out for dinner!

EXHAUSTED we are!!!!
Waiting to fill this space with something stupid to say!
Iggy ACE

Postby Coaster Justin on April 19th, 2013, 1:46 am
Are both sides of Superman backwards or just 1 side?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Iggy ACE on April 20th, 2013, 10:05 pm
both sides are!
Waiting to fill this space with something stupid to say!
Iggy ACE

Return to Trip Reports