Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Mt. Olympus 7/22/2011

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby Cole on July 23rd, 2011, 5:11 pm
Sorry no pictures I didn’t want to worry about my camera. Yesterday a few friends and I went to Mt. Olympus. We left his house around 10:00 and got to the park at 12:30. I forgot how much I loved the Dells. Driving through it and seeing crazy stuff everywhere. It’s definitely a place you could spend a long time at. Anyways we got right in the park and went up to Zeus. We waited two cycles for back row. In case anyone hasn’t been to Mt. Olympus all the coasters run 1 train. I had remembered Zeus being a decent coaster with some airtime, but man, it totally sucked. It was plain painful. Not fun at all.

After taking a bathroom break we met up with my friend’s dad’s buddy. He apparently owns some of the up charge rides in the park. So throughout the day we rode Apollo’s Swing (their S&S Screaming Swing) FREE. It was pretty awesome. So we rode Apollo’s Swing three times. It’s probably my favorite flat ride anywhere. After Apollo we headed to Cyclops to find we were the only people in the station! The park really was empty. Anyways I discovered that Cyclops is just plain awesome! We rode 10 straight times with a combination of front row and third last row (you have to be 18+ to ride in the back car. Yeah, that much airtime.) Dang, its way smoother then I remembered and has some great spots of awesome ejector air. There was only one part that was rough. After our ten rides on Cyclops we headed back to the car for lunch.

It was very hot so we decided it was a good time to hit Poseidon’s Rage. I will say this in confidence. Poseidon is the best wave pool in the world. The waves are so big and so powerful that the only send one out every 3 minutes. Every time the wave comes it just completely blows you away. There are bodies flying all over the place. We were in the Wave Pool for about a hour and a half, never got old. Poseidon’s Rage is simply, Epic.

We then changed and went back to Apollo’s Swing and rode a few more times. Then we took a lap on Pegasus because it was a walk on. We rode front row it wasn’t as bad as I remember. Actually had a enjoyable ride. After two races on one of the go-kart tracks we got some shaved ice, which was delicious.

I know what you’re thinking. “What about your beloved ride Hades, Cole?” Well around 5:30 we finally got in line for Hades. We rode 3 times, front row twice and once in the back. Damn. Hades is just an all around amazing ride. There is not one dull part of the ride. Even the drop out of the station has a crap load of airtime. The lights in the tunnel were off, which I prefer. For those who say Hades is too rough, or Hades is junk, no way. Hades is definitely not GCI smoothness, but it’s definitely not un-ride able. It’s definitely a front row ride, along with its Gravity Group cousin Voyage. Oh, speaking of Voyage, I honestly cannot decide which is better. They’re both awesome rides, I’ll have to sleep on it. Anyways Hades is awesome, that is all.

Overall, it was a typical Mt. Olympus day. Operations sucked, food was bad, and the park is just a mess. It’s a terribly ran park and it definitely could use a lot improvement. It’s got 3 great rides in Hades, Cyclops and Poseidon’s Rage (4 if you want to pay for Apollo’s Swing) I had a great day; I’ve noticed that there’s a lot to do at Mt. Olympus. The park has a lot of potential if they got a better owner. Thanks for reading everyone. Here’s my ride count.

Zeus- 1
Apollo's Swing- 7
Cyclops- 10
Poseidons Rage- 1.5 Hours
Catapult- 1
Pegasus- 1
Herme's Turbo Track (Go Carts)- 3
Hades- 3
OPA (Wild Mouse)- 1
Top 5: 1) El Toro. 2) Maverick. 3) Millenium Force. 4) Diamondback. 5) X2.
Coaster Count: 167 (41 Wood, 125 Steel)
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby tribar on July 23rd, 2011, 7:51 pm
Do the ride ops check to see if your 18 or do they take your word for it :D
tribar

Postby Cole on July 23rd, 2011, 9:52 pm
If you could pass for 18 im sure they'd let you on without question.
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby tribar on July 23rd, 2011, 9:56 pm
They don't ask for ID or anything :lol:
tribar

Postby Cole on July 23rd, 2011, 10:00 pm
Nope. The most they would do is yell at you in another language. :roll:
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby tribar on July 23rd, 2011, 10:04 pm
^ :lol: :lol: :lol:
tribar

Postby tribar on July 28th, 2011, 4:53 pm
Is anything there Mean Streak Rough
tribar

Postby Galvan317 on July 28th, 2011, 5:15 pm
Mean Streak, Zeus, and Thunder Run at SFKK are the only coasters I can remember off the top of my head where halfway through the ride I had to prop up my elbows on the side of the train to keep my butt of the seat in fear of a cerebral hemorrhage.
Galvan317
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby Cole on July 28th, 2011, 10:48 pm
Yup. Mean Streak, Zeus, and Giant Dipper did that for me. And I'd say Zeus in some parts is worse then Mean Streak.
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby tribar on July 28th, 2011, 11:30 pm
Are Crowds typically light there
tribar

Return to Trip Reports