Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

6-7-11 Trip Report with Pictures

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby kcabmi on June 8th, 2011, 12:11 am
Me and 3 of my friends left Madison, Wisconsin at about 7:25 am and we arrived at the park 5 minutes after opening.

It was hot. Then finally after waiting in a very slow ticket line we headed straight to Raging Bull. We got there around 10:30. The line was short, only about 5 minutes and we were on. Rode the backrow. It was great. Love the first drop and i forgot how intense it was since it was my first coaster ride in 2 years.

Then we went on Giant drop. It was super fun, one of my favorite rides.

Next we went on Batman. The line started at the bottom of the stairs and it was super hot in there it was terrible. The ride was great though. When we hit the brakes at the end i was so dizzy.

Then after that we went on V2. We rode the front row. Then i remembered i had my camera and started taking some pictures.
My friend

After that we went on Superman. It just happened to temporarely break down right when we were next to get on. After about 5-10 minutes it was back though and we got the backrow. The pretzel loop is the best part. It's unbelievable. One of my friends said he almost blacked out. Other than that it's kind of lame and it pulls my leg hair lol

After that it was about 12:30 and we went back to the car to eat lunch. Then we decided to grab our swimsuits and go to hurricane harbor since it was so hot. It was probably 90. On the way to the water park i took these pictures.
I like the look and feel of Hurricane Harbor. The view of raging bull and viper is awesome too.

We went in the wave pool, rode a body slide right by it, then rode the tornado. We then tried riding the new steep body slide but it broke down so we left.

Then we left the waterpark. It was about 4:30. Then we went on raging bull again.

I couldn't believe the line was only like 5 minutes long. I'm used to going to six flags later in summer when its much busier.
Then we went on giant drop again. Then the eagle. There was no line for that at all. Then we rode Batman again, also no line at all. I've never seen it this dead in the afternoon. It was great.

Then we rode V2 again and got the backrow this time. I love the airtime on the back spike.

Then we went on Demon. And then Raging Bull one last time. Then it was 6:30, about to close soon at 7 so we decided to ride giant drop one more time but then we actually rode it another time again right after that. Then we finally left. In the parking lot i took these pics
Me

On the way home in Milwaukee we stopped at Kopps. My double cheeseburger. Delicious

Overall it was a super great day. One of the best times ive ever had there
kcabmi

Postby CstrFan512 on June 9th, 2011, 10:08 am
Usually if you go before chicago schools get out, its like this all the time! Sweet trip report!
Don't fight the Bull, ride the Bull!

Best 2011 Moment: "I lost my phone on Raging Bull!"
"WELL I LOST A SOCK!!!"
Best 2012 Moment: "No good! DREAM ON!"
Best 2013 Moment: "I came here for Auntie Anne's pretzels and coasters......in that order!"
CstrFan512

Postby Bob O on June 9th, 2011, 12:21 pm
Very good report!! And you cant beat Kopps cheeseburgers and custard!!!!
Bob O

Postby kcabmi on June 9th, 2011, 1:08 pm
CstrFan512 wrote:Usually if you go before chicago schools get out, its like this all the time! Sweet trip report!

Thanks man. And thats awesome. 8) I think next year i'm gonna try going in May.

Bob O wrote:Very good report!! And you cant beat Kopps cheeseburgers and custard!!!!

Thank you. And yes that is for sure
kcabmi

Postby Mr. Oscar on June 11th, 2011, 2:33 am
Did you get your double cheese with the works? That's how you gotta do it

I went today (I'll post something later), but there was NOBODY there. I was shocked
Let's see... 12 days til colonoscopy (appt got moved :D )
No school today :D
Mr. Oscar

Postby kcabmi on June 11th, 2011, 12:20 pm
Mr. Oscar wrote:Did you get your double cheese with the works? That's how you gotta do it

I went today (I'll post something later), but there was NOBODY there. I was shocked

No i didn't. Just cheese and ketchup is the best :lol:

And yeah that is surprising. I guess early June is the best time to go
kcabmi

Return to Trip Reports