Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFGAm 5-22: Amazing!

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby CstrFan512 on May 23rd, 2011, 5:19 pm
Before i start i just want to tell you that this is my first trip report and im kinda headin out of my comfort zone on this one.

We arrived at the park at about 9:50 and headed straight to the gate with my season pass. The park was dead even with the beautiful weather. We waited 5 minutes for Whizzer to open which started our day. Then we headed over to Viper. I was sad to see that the old snake sign was replaced but that didn't get to me that much. :( Viper ran great with tons of air-time in the back and no wait at all. :D Demon was another walk-on and so was AE. They were only running the red side and the ride was [b]SUPER[b] shakey. I believe this ride need new topper track or something. Next was Iron Wolf which was actually a good ride. V2 disappointed because it was the only ride we had to wait more then 10 min for. Batman was awesome, along with Superman, and both were no-lines also.
We stopped for lunch at Johnny Rockets after hearing all the bad reviews about that new pizza place. The only thing was that the meal was so expensive. $11.99 for a burger and fries!
Anyway then we went on the Viper one more time before Raging Bull. Bull was awesome and had barely any wait. Then we went around and did most of the coasters again. The highlight of the day was me and my friend going on Viper 6 TIMES IN A ROW! :D It was a great day to be with friends at the park. If you want to see some vids, check out my YouTube channel CoasterFan512. Thanx for ur time and tell me if i did anything wrong. 8)

Total ride count:
AE:R- 1
B:TR- 2
DK- 1
Demon- 7
IW- 2
RB- 2
S:UF- 2
V2- 1
Viper- 9
Whizzer- 1
--------------------
Total of: 29 Coaster Rides
Don't fight the Bull, ride the Bull!

Best 2011 Moment: "I lost my phone on Raging Bull!"
"WELL I LOST A SOCK!!!"
Best 2012 Moment: "No good! DREAM ON!"
Best 2013 Moment: "I came here for Auntie Anne's pretzels and coasters......in that order!"
CstrFan512

Postby Jackluver18 on May 23rd, 2011, 5:38 pm
Wow, sounds like a good day. Glad you had fun.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby Cole on May 23rd, 2011, 9:26 pm
Thanks for the report, I was kinda anxious to hear if it was crowded or not.

-Cole
Top 5: 1) El Toro. 2) Maverick. 3) Millenium Force. 4) Diamondback. 5) X2.
Coaster Count: 167 (41 Wood, 125 Steel)
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby onyxhotel08 on May 24th, 2011, 2:38 pm
You will not see such an uncrowded Sunday for a while. Going this Sunday and expect it to be busy with Memorial Day and the nice weather.
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby CstrFan512 on May 24th, 2011, 3:02 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:You will not see such an uncrowded Sunday for a while. Going this Sunday and expect it to be busy with Memorial Day and the nice weather.

Yea i know! I was VERY surprised it wasn't packed. Im going again once school gets out. Thankfully i get out before all the chicago schools do so that could be a good thing.
Don't fight the Bull, ride the Bull!

Best 2011 Moment: "I lost my phone on Raging Bull!"
"WELL I LOST A SOCK!!!"
Best 2012 Moment: "No good! DREAM ON!"
Best 2013 Moment: "I came here for Auntie Anne's pretzels and coasters......in that order!"
CstrFan512

Postby RBullFan97 on May 26th, 2011, 8:02 pm
Wow! 2 dead Sundays in a row. Interesting. Well, I'm glad I enjoyed the 15th because with Memorial Day Weekend lurking upon us, we won't get a dead Sunday for a while. However, Father's Day last year was a walk-on for most rides, so maybe they'll continue through June.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Return to Trip Reports