Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

5/14/11 and 5/15/11

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby Jackluver18 on May 18th, 2011, 2:02 pm
5/14/11- I woke up only to find out that it was raining. It was to be expected but oh well. It wasn't downpouring, it was just misting which was annoying. I arrived at the park about 9:50 after taking the shuttle from Keylime Cove. I met up with a good friend of mine who I hadn't seen since FF and it was great to see him. The weather was a bit iffy when we arrived so since Whizzer was closed, our first ride was Viper. Boy I miss these rides so much. One thing I noticed was Viper didn't stop at the top anymore like it used to. Great ride as always. Next was Bull and it was amazing as always. Then we did Demon, Eagle Red and out of random nowhere I decided that we do Wolf. I don't know why I wanted to do that but we did.

Next was Spaceley's, Whirligig, Condor, V2 and DK to end before heading to lunch and getting my season pass. We were only gone about an hour and the park still wasn't very crowded at this point. So we headed over to do Orbit, River Rocker and then went to Whizzer which was finally open even though it was still misting. Then we went and watched the Six Flags Party which no longer has Mr. Six :(. After that was over we went and did Bull, Eagle red again, Dipper, Batman, SUF, Whizzer and then we did HTFM twice in a row since there was no one in line. Then went back and did Bull yet again and Eagle red 3 times in a row then it started to get gross out around 7 pm and we went and ended with Dark Knight with 7 times with 5 times in a row without getting off. It was a fun day even though it was cold, wet and rainy. I'm still not toO thrilled about as to where the Go Karts have been placed but I was shocked at how big the water slides were for Riptide...they're huge. Glad I got to see my friends once again. It was great seeing everyone

Totals for 5/14/11
Viper-1
Bull-3
Demon-1
Eagle-5
Wolf-1
SSR-1
Whirligig-1
Condor-1
V2-1
DK-8
Orbit-1
RR-1
Whizzer-2
Dipper-1
BTR-1
SUF-1
HTFM-2

Total 32

Next is 5/15

I went by myself because my friend had to work which was fine I didn't mind. Since it was raining yet again in the morning when I woke up, Whizzer wasn't open so I did Viper 4 times in a row because there was no one there....I mean no one. The station was empty. It was crazy. Next was Bull 4 times in a row, there were a few people in line for Bull but it wasn't longer than a 10 minute wait. Then I went and did Ricochet 3 times, River Rocker once and then went and did Demon 3 times since there was no one in line either. Then I went to take a quick break for lunch. Eagle was hardly open Sunday except for Blue side which I won't go on. Now it had only rained for an hour but it was still cold and there was no one in the park.I then went and did V2 which was really cold then went and did Dark Knight 9 times going around and around since there was a line. After Dark Knight was Whizzer 4 times and then went to go do Bull and BTR once more since the park closed at 6 due to the cold and that there was no one in the park. It was fun to come home that's for sure. I do miss my friends and I hope to see everyone again soon. I don't know when I'll be back between now and FF but I know for sure if I haven't moved back by then, I will definatly come for FF.

Totals
Viper-4
Bull-5
Rico-3
RR-1
Demon-3
V2-1
DK-9
Whizzer-4
BTR-1
Total-31
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby tribar on May 18th, 2011, 3:43 pm
Jackluver18 wrote: I then went and did V2 which was really cold

I hear you my hands were frozen after that ride. RB was cold but V2 was the coldest
tribar

Postby Jackluver18 on May 18th, 2011, 4:42 pm
It hurts to go on any ride in the cold but that ride really hurts your feet when you get off. On Saturday when I went, I jumped down and this painful sting ran through my feet and it hurt for awhile.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby RBullFan97 on May 18th, 2011, 5:52 pm
Wow! I Still Can't Believe You Went On the Dark Knight 17 times over that weekend! :shock:
And how weird, we both ended up on the same car of the Dark Knight, and we went on the same amount of rides Sunday: 31.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby Jackluver18 on May 18th, 2011, 6:01 pm
lol I know that's the most amount of rides I have ever done on Dark Knight. They do need to add some more things to it but it's a good ride and it's nice that it's indoors. That is so cool that we were on the same car, I didn't expect to see anyone from the site.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Return to Trip Reports