Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Opening Day 5-7-11

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby MrRy10 on May 8th, 2011, 10:07 am
Basically got there around 9:15 and waited till 9:30 to meet up with some friends. We got in and waited for the chain drop. We sprinted to batman and got first ride of the season Back Row. And it was great and then after that we walked to Iron wolf. I notice no one went to iron wolf and we got first ride of the season on iron wolf back row :D. Then we went to american eagle to ride on the 30 year old ride. WITH ONLY 1 SIDE OPEN come on six flags for 30 year old celebration you have 1 side open. That was good but the girls were screaming and hurt my ears :( . Then we went to giant drop got some amazing airtime. Then we met up with some other friends and then went to Raging bull row 9. It was about a 20 min wait.I was amazed that long for a opening day. Then we all walked to burger king. Then we got back in the park and i just filmed a little bit. Then we just walked to Sky Trek Tower. Got some shots of the new riptide bay,looks pretty cool :D Then we just walked around till around 7:50 and got inline for bull for the last ride of the night. We got it last ride of the night ROW 9!!. It was a great day but a little packed for a opening day :?

Heres some Photos I took
http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/h34 ... ay%202011/
Last edited by MrRy10 on May 8th, 2011, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFGA
DeJavu Last ride ever Row 8B Right Side

R.I.P Dejavu

2006 Trip Vists:41
2007 Trip Visits:37
2008 Trip Visits:22
2009 Trip Visits:15
2010 Trip Visits:2
2011 Trip Visits:3
MrRy10

Postby CoasterNick3157 on May 8th, 2011, 11:06 am
Eagle crew slow as hell, did they have two trains on that side?
CoasterNick3157

Postby T.K. on May 8th, 2011, 11:35 am
two sides were open.. 2nd side opened around 1pm
Six Flags Ameirca as the number 1 park at SFI.... this is JOKE!
T.K.

Postby DejaVu2001 on May 8th, 2011, 5:25 pm
MrRy10 wrote:We sprinted to batman and got first ride of the season Back Row.
Then we just walked around till around 7:50 and got inline for bull for the last ride of the night. We got it last ride of the night ROW 9!!.

I know two people that were very unhappy and probably cried :lol:
DejaVu2001

Postby tribar on May 8th, 2011, 5:41 pm
tribar

Postby gottastrata33 on May 9th, 2011, 4:15 am
So did anyone see a group of people pushing their car through the parking tolls?! haha I'm just surprised no ones talked about it yet...
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Return to Trip Reports