Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Sat. May 7th TR

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby T.K. on May 7th, 2011, 5:21 pm
I went to park from 11-4 only for few hours.
It was nice outside, untill like 12:30 then cold wind started. Crowds weren't that bad, but I expected to be less people cause of rain.
I went to Orbit, then Viper (crew didn't stack 2 trains), then I went on Raging Bull (no stacking 2 trains up) line moved pretty decent.
At bout 1:00pm I went to eat in Country Faire and I waited 21 minutes to get pizza (there were 23 people before me), I think that's a little too much, I waited less for RB. The cheese pizza wasn't that bed, reminded me of High School cafeteria pizza. Cheese sticks were awful, the salad I got had too much vinigar. They don't have garlic sauce or any sauce, so that's not good at all. i prefer Papa John's over this one. So I waited 21 for something I should have never waited for.
Then I went to few more flat rides, my last ride was the Dark Knight coaster. What a differance, they stopped using the preshow, and I didn't know untill I saw line moving in weird way. It looks like they started to cut out the themeing for that ride. In the station, they kept the door open, and there was definitly too much light in station, when it supposed to be darker. The wiggle's world aka Kidzopolis felt kind of empty without any music on.
Comparing today with last year. Lots of hand rails need to get repainted, landscaping wasn't there at all, maybe because it's to early for it? Very friendly staff that's a plus, and they moved quickly. The "visual" check of ride ops, where they move their hand across from left to right was kind of silly to see, and I laughed so hard. I mean wtf hehe they are checking their personal space?! haha It looks like Shapiro's hard work went to trash.
Positive stuff: 1.) You can park wherever you want 2.) Park is one of the very few to keep no smoking policy, if not the only. 3.) We are one of few parks that lets you bring items to the ride's station. 4.) music is back to normal. 5.) very nice merchandise, I bought the 9.99 50year celeb. six flags cup.
There is some construction going on in SWF area, they removed large amount of concrete and stack it up along the path. Sky Trek Tower was open. Riptide Bay looks pretty big. That's all folks.
Six Flags Ameirca as the number 1 park at SFI.... this is JOKE!
T.K.

Postby tribar on May 7th, 2011, 6:35 pm
1) how long did you wait for Raging Bull

2) do they not have papa john's there anymore :?:
tribar

Postby T.K. on May 7th, 2011, 7:24 pm
1.) wait was bout 17minutes. It was straight line to the station
2.) Now its the figlia pizza... nasty pizza. I wished they had their own pizza or some better quality carrier.
Six Flags Ameirca as the number 1 park at SFI.... this is JOKE!
T.K.

Postby tribar on May 7th, 2011, 10:02 pm
1.)that good
2.) Darn i liked Papa John's
tribar

Postby ragingbull1331 on May 7th, 2011, 10:39 pm
I hope the Dark Knight preshow is cut out forever... if so it would be easier to do marathons on that rides with my friends who are too scared for raging bull
RIP IRON WOLF

Twitter: ILoveJimmy_Pop
ragingbull1331

Postby woohoodude11 on May 8th, 2011, 6:20 am
The day progressively got more and more crowded after people finished their pass processing. At about 4 I wasn't having fun any longer seeing as I got to ride almost every coaster from 10-1 then wait times started to stack up. As for the Ride Hopper app...delete it. People are posting times to HH rides already and the V2 queue was listed as a 30 min wait when it took less than 10...etc. Overall, good day. Hopefully (Am I really saying this??) season pass prices go back up next year to bring back the "exclusive" feeling the pass use to bring.
Missing Shockwave more and more every day.
woohoodude11

Postby wishman35 on May 8th, 2011, 7:19 am
Maybe I am crazy but it was one of the worst days I have ever had at the park.

1.) The weather was not great at all. Maybe around like 5-6 it got pretty nice outside. But from 130 and on it was just a constant shower - but without having an effect on the crowd!

2.) By far the MOST buses I have seen in the parking lot. This was easily the most 8th grade heavy crowd I have EVER seen at GAm. People running and screaming things, people losing control of their basketballs, wearing these goofy octopus hats. It felt like I was at a circus

3.) Waits for many of the rides were VERY long, even for opening day AND such a poor weather day. Superman was posting a 90 minute wait all day with a wait going outside of the entrance several times. Dark Knight had a wait to the entrance when I saw it. Bull had a full 1st house, and wait down the walkway and outside of the entrance. At least 40 minute wait. Vertical Velocity was filling half or more of the queue outside of the station. Batman was filling the queue. Viper at times got pretty far toward the queue entrance. Even Demon had a wait that was fairly long.

4.) The worst of all was the season pass processing, the line wrapped around Hometown Square sometimes twice! From what I heard at least a 2 hour wait. Guest Services was allowing people to process up there, but they only had one camera and people just practically sitting and sleeping while waiting.

I didn't even get my pass processed, they just said to bring the voucher and they will stamp it next time and it will get taken care of then. I am sorry but I am not waiting 2 hours to get my season pass. I do have other things to do in my life

A few bright points --- Bull had a holder for the sports cups at the ride exit, no more lockers for them. The waterpark looks as if it will be massive once this expansion is done. The new spot for the go karts looks pretty good. Although all of that space appears it could have been used for a nice new ride.
wishman35

Postby Paradise on May 8th, 2011, 10:48 am
wishman35 wrote:Maybe I am crazy but it was one of the worst days I have ever had at the park.

1.) The weather was not great at all. Maybe around like 5-6 it got pretty nice outside. But from 130 and on it was just a constant shower - but without having an effect on the crowd!

2.) By far the MOST buses I have seen in the parking lot. This was easily the most 8th grade heavy crowd I have EVER seen at GAm. People running and screaming things, people losing control of their basketballs, wearing these goofy octopus hats. It felt like I was at a circus

3.) Waits for many of the rides were VERY long, even for opening day AND such a poor weather day. Superman was posting a 90 minute wait all day with a wait going outside of the entrance several times. Dark Knight had a wait to the entrance when I saw it. Bull had a full 1st house, and wait down the walkway and outside of the entrance. At least 40 minute wait. Vertical Velocity was filling half or more of the queue outside of the station. Batman was filling the queue. Viper at times got pretty far toward the queue entrance. Even Demon had a wait that was fairly long.

4.) The worst of all was the season pass processing, the line wrapped around Hometown Square sometimes twice! From what I heard at least a 2 hour wait. Guest Services was allowing people to process up there, but they only had one camera and people just practically sitting and sleeping while waiting.

I didn't even get my pass processed, they just said to bring the voucher and they will stamp it next time and it will get taken care of then. I am sorry but I am not waiting 2 hours to get my season pass. I do have other things to do in my life

A few bright points --- Bull had a holder for the sports cups at the ride exit, no more lockers for them. The waterpark looks as if it will be massive once this expansion is done. The new spot for the go karts looks pretty good. Although all of that space appears it could have been used for a nice new ride.

Figured it was going to be like this with 19.99 ticket prices. Glad I didn't make the trip down. Doesn't sound worth it.
Have a take and don't suck, it's the Jim Rome Show!
Paradise

Postby DejaVu2001 on May 8th, 2011, 5:23 pm
wishman35 wrote:The new spot for the go karts looks pretty good. Although all of that space appears it could have been used for a nice new ride.

I'm thinking the fact that they ignored the obvious spot for a new Go Kart track (Great America Raceway/Splashwater Falls) means they have something big planned over there.
DejaVu2001

Return to Trip Reports