Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

August 8th, 2003

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby Spacely41 on August 12th, 2003, 10:43 pm
Show up at the park around 9:30 in the employee lot. (My friend is a lead at batman.) Got a good view of the shockwave pieces, looked for a nut or a bolt or anything small lying around but couldnt find anything :cry: . So after going through security, I get in line for S:UF. At around 9:55 they open it. The wait was about 25 minutes. While in line it was slightly misting. I knew this would be a good day because cloulds tend to keep the GP away. After a good ride on S:UF in the back row, we head towards southwest territory for a Raging Bull ride. However, we notice that Viper was a walk-on. Had a great 3 click ride on viper. Then, we were on our way to Raging Bull. Waited about 30 mins, was a pretty good ride but my lap bar was down to far. Oh well. At this point, my friend was begging to go to 'his ride'. So, we took a stroll to the East side of the park. Saw Deja Vu testing for a while and had an extremely short line to the que but my friend is too tall for it so he didnt want to wait in line. As we were closing in on Batman, we saw the line was huge, so we went to V2 instead. The line was full, but it moved quickly. Was about a 35 minute wait, but it was worth it for the front row. By now it was around 1130 so we left the park for lunch at BK. Came back and went to Batman. Still a full line, but this time we waited. Ended up waiting around 40 mins. Not too bad. Next, we were off to Demon. It was almost a walk-on. Waited about 2 minutes. Demon was good. I really like demon, its the closest thing to shockwave at the park. After demon, we headed to Iron Wolf. Wasn't as rough of a ride as usual because I listened to some advice about the corkskrew. Next, we were off to my favorite ride at the park, American Eagle red side. Had a walk-on ride there but unfortantly the op put my lap bar down all the way. Got back in line and waited for front row. That was a fun ride and I had some more room which made it better. Went back to East side to eat at angelo's for dinner. Good food there. After that we had a fun ride on Whirligig which my friend also operates. Then, we had a V2 run with 3 front row rides. After our v2 rides (also operated by my friend) we headed over to LTNP and my friend got us into the foam factory! I had never been in there and that place was actually a lot of fun. Then we got a walk-on ride for batman at around 830. I was surprised because Ive never seen the line so short. We ended the day with a Raging Bull ride. A great day at Great America.
At least we still have one arrow looper.RIP ShockWave (sitting there waiting for me to take it)
Spacely41

Return to Trip Reports