Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Phoenix vs. Wolverine Widcat....what's the difference?

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby JT3 on August 19th, 2014, 11:11 am
I have never been on Phoenix at Knoebels, though I really want too. I have also not been on Wolverine Wildcat at Michigan's Adventure. So I have a question for those who have been on both, why is Phoenix regarded so much higher? From the POV videos they seem almost identical. I know that Phoenix gives you a lot of wiggle room, is that the reason? I don't think I have heard too many negative things about WW, but Phoenix is regarded as one of the best wooden coasters while WW is always forgotten about. So what's the difference?
1. Bizarro 2. Expedition GeForce
3. X2 4. Top Thrill Dragster 5. El Toro 6. Goliath (SFGAm) 7. Millennium Force 8. Silver Star 9. Apollo's Chariot 10. Goliath (SFOG)
JT3

Postby Chitown on August 20th, 2014, 8:24 pm
Been on Wolverine and my opinion of it is that it is pretty much flat out boring. Didn't hate the ride but nothing to exciting.

Never been on Phoenix but I can only assume it provides a faster, more intense experience.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby JT3 on August 20th, 2014, 11:45 pm
^ Interesting...Is there anyone who has been on both who can compare?
1. Bizarro 2. Expedition GeForce
3. X2 4. Top Thrill Dragster 5. El Toro 6. Goliath (SFGAm) 7. Millennium Force 8. Silver Star 9. Apollo's Chariot 10. Goliath (SFOG)
JT3

Postby FParker185 on August 21st, 2014, 12:20 am
Phoenix is an extremely well designed and maintained wood coaster that provides a smooth, fast and especially airtime loaded expierience. WW on the other hand was a clone made by Summers/Dinn who profiled pretty much all the airtime out of it and is minimally maintained in the normal Cedar Fair style.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 28th, 2014, 12:13 am
Similarly, Thunder Run at Kentucky Kingdom v. Hurler(s) at Carowinds/Kings Dominion- apart from the latter two having a mirrored layout.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Return to General Coaster Talk