Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Why do we visit SFGAm countless times?

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 3rd, 2017, 5:03 pm
Hey guys, something a bit interesting. So in one of my classes we are working on Perspective Presentations. It can be about whatever we want as long as it changes the perspective of people on whatever we talk about. Everybody at school knows I am Dan the Coaster Man and so I decided to do my presentation answering a common question I get within my school: "Don't you get bored of going on the same rides time after time?" Or "Doesn't SFGAm get dry after a couple of times?" Or some variation of those questions. Why do we go once every week or two time and time again? Me personally, not that it's a therapy, but it's a total stress free enviorment that can take my mind off whatever. What would you say makes you come back frequently? What do you really love about going to amusement parks? Obviously the rides are fun, but what else beyond that?
Dan The Coaster Man

Share On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Postby RollingCoasting on May 3rd, 2017, 6:08 pm
Nobody asks, for example, sports fans, if they ever get tired of watching the same game. Amusement parks are something I'm passionate about, so it really doesn't get boring.
2017 Trips so far: 4/15/17, 4/30/17, 5/11/17, 5/21/17
RollingCoasting

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on May 3rd, 2017, 6:13 pm
I just honestly love the sensation of being at an amusement park. I can sit there and people watch while I eat or re ride rides. I don't think it can get repetitive though because there are so many things to do at the park. It is so stress free and I can do whatever I want once inside.
If V2 closes on 8/27/2017, you heard it here first!
http://thewaittimes.blogspot.com/
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Maverick ~ Favorite Wood - Voyage
7 Rides on Eagle so far this year!
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby CoasterCale on May 11th, 2017, 10:00 am
I wouldn't say it's stress free but it certainly less stressful. The park never gets boring because of the people I hang out with and the various ways we can switch it up. Start and finish with different rides. Change seats. The weather is a huge factor. Idk. It's hard to explain but a true passion will never get old.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 11th, 2017, 12:20 pm
For me it's sort of an "escape" - I go there to have fun and not have to think about problems. It's a happy place for me.
It also does make me feel young somehow, like the "kid" inside me is coming out when I'm there.
And I'm a thrill seeker so that's another obvious reason.
And now, I get to bring my kid to the park for her to enjoy!

I like RC's analogy about watching sports. I don't have to explain why I watch football every Sunday. What about people that LOVE golf?? Why do they have that passion?? Or fishing for that matter.
Single Day Ride Count Records

Without Flash Pass - 41 rides 8/19/2016 (Coasters After Dark)

With Platinum Flash Pass - 51 rides 7/15/2016

Giant Drop - last day 9/09/2019 - you heard it here first!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Dmrbug on May 24th, 2017, 3:55 pm
The smells and sounds instantly trigger something in my head when I walk in. My Parents and Grandparents took me to the park all the time when I was a child. I find it a way to be with them again since they have passed. I now carry on the tradition and bring my child there to hope that I can create the same memories and feelings that I have. So I would say it brings me a sense of comfort just being there and I want to have that feeling all the time.
Dmrbug

Return to General Coaster Talk