Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

The Official I just saw this movie and it....Thread.

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby Necropolis on March 28th, 2011, 2:37 am
Just saw Battlefield Los Angeles last night in theaters. Its basically Independence Day mixed with District 9. Very good. Not the most original of movies and ideas but still pretty good. Aaron Eckhardt is the main actor.
Necropolis

Postby Cryptkeeper on March 28th, 2011, 9:52 pm
Necropolis wrote:Please do elaborate as to how you got this Golden ticket to see a precious piece of movie art!!!! :o :o :o :!: :!: :!:

Starting this past Saturday, and continuing into Sunday (for sure) and continuing almost certainly today into PROBABLY Tues and maybe Wed and Thurs., there was/is a man at a lobby in a theatre located in downtown Chicago handing out blue slips of paper that tells one how to signup for a test screening of a movie this coming weekend. The paper doesn't say the name of the movie, but I have no doubt it's the final HP movie. All previous other HP movies have originally test screened in Chicago at this theatre, and all have done so about 8 to 10 weeks prior to the movie opening, and that's where we are at now - about 8 to 10 weeks before it officially opens.

If you really wanted a ticket, you would have to go downtown to this theatre and hope that the person handing out these tickets was there. I've seen people hand out tickets for test screenings before on 3 other occasions, and in all cases, the guy was handing out passes almost all day long and did so for many days - usually about 4 or more days leading up to the test screening.

If he was there, he would show you a list of recent movies and ask you which ones you've seen. Weather you had seen many of them or none of them, you would say that you had seen many of the movies from the list (they're all movies like HP in that they're scifi or magical etc.). I had seen 10 of the 12 movies on his list, I think. You would NOT ask him what movie it's for and NOR would you say you've heard it's for HP. That would be a bad idea.

If he approved of you, he would then give you a pass, and you would run to your phone or internet to quickly signup. You would want to signup ASAP however because once a demographic is filled up, you can't register if it was already full.

If you really want to risk it, again, I do NOT guarantee the guy will be there, so it MAY end up being a wasted trip, but if you wanted to try for it, I can tell you where you would want to go to try and get the blue piece of paper/pass..but you would have promise not to post the info everywhere because if info got out about this big time, the screening would be canceled due to security reasons.

Let me know if you want to know ASAP (gotta promise first!), and I'll PM you the details ASAP if you promise to keep info on the low down. :)
Cryptkeeper
Latest Intamin Victim
Latest Intamin Victim

Postby w00dland on March 30th, 2011, 1:54 am
Just got Watchmen from Netflix.

It's a pretty great film with a lot of depth, especially for a Sci-Fi flick. Please read the graphic novel if you haven't before. It's like a comic book for grown ups, and takes practically no time to read.

They changed the ending from the book, but personally I liked the movie ending a lot better, so it worked for me. Liked it a lot.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby Cryptkeeper on April 2nd, 2011, 7:27 pm
Just got back from the first ever (and ONLY ever) test screening of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 in Chicago (http://www.mugglenet.com/dhreview.shtml <---spoiler free review done by someone else.

The version of the movie that we saw was very rough. There was still a great amount of green screen shown and a drop in soundtrack (including some music from the Lord of the Rings films!). Still, w/out going into spoilers, I think the film wraps things up in a very nice way. The movie was just about perfect in length, coming in at slightly under 2 hours. Unlike the test test screening of DH Pt. 1 that I attended last year in August, this movie doesn't need major editing to be good. I think it's just about perfect in length right now (unlike pt. 1 which was 20 or so mins too long).

So, like I said, I think fans will enjoy it. I did, my group did, and everyone else that I talked to did.

Too bad we all have to wait until July 15th to see the final final version of the movie! Still, I think it will be a winner for Warner Brothers.
Cryptkeeper
Latest Intamin Victim
Latest Intamin Victim

Postby Cryptkeeper on April 13th, 2011, 10:32 am
Last night, I saw an early screening of The Beaver http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1321860/. It was a good, but not great, movie. Despite what the previews want you to believe, it's NOT a comedy. It's a very serious drama w/ some heavy issues tackled in this one.

After the screening, Jodie Foster (who is soooooo tiny!) participated in a very good Q&A session. She spoke quite candidly about Mel Gibson and how he probably was tapping into his own personal demons to help portray the demons his character has in the movie.

Also, there IS a roller coaster in the movie - not sure which one though. Of all professions (this isn't a spoiler as it has nothing to do w/ the plot), Jodie Foster's character's job is a roller coaster engineer! That's the first time I've ever seen that profession depicted in a movie. Was pretty neat, even if it was just very briefly mentioned. :)
Cryptkeeper
Latest Intamin Victim
Latest Intamin Victim

Postby Necropolis on April 19th, 2011, 4:40 pm
Deathly Hallows was just UNDER 2 hours??!! What??! I would expect an ending movie for the highest grossing and best saga in history to be long and epic like Lord of the Rings. (which is my favorite trilogy btw) Darn I was hoping for the film to be around or at least close to 3 hours! Oh well. I'm hoping its real good. Ill seriously be disappointed if its not that good. I would always question how could they end the movie that bad?

On another note I saw Scream 4 opening day this past Friday. It easily is as good as the first one and could possibly has the chance of being the best of the series. I'm not going to say anything though there are some surprises and kick-ass lines and scenes. Enjoy!
Necropolis

Postby Necropolis on April 28th, 2011, 4:38 pm
The trailer for greatest series to ever embrace mankind is here!!!! I got goosebumps, my jaw dropped in the middle of it and this is the definition of the word EPIC!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mObK5XD8udk
Necropolis

Postby Paradise on May 2nd, 2011, 3:03 pm
I saw Fast Five on Friday and let me tell you...They really aren't that fast in this movie. There was a HALF of a racing scene in the movie. Other then that, it felt like a ghetto version of Oceans 11. Huge disappointment. Just one of those movies with a bunch of appeal, that doesn't live up to the hype. Eh. Please don't make another one of these. I go to see these movies to see RACING scenes, which until this movie, were good!
Have a take and don't suck, it's the Jim Rome Show!
Paradise

Postby onyxhotel08 on May 9th, 2011, 12:18 am
If you liked any of the Scream movies, you will love this one. I wish the storyline was not so rushed. It felt like they wanted for some reason to wrap everything under 1 hour and 45 minutes. It showed. Several scenes which could have added depth were cut. People like Emma Roberts had little to do till the end. Adam Brody and Anthony Anderson served no purpose. But in case anyone worried the film would dare become another Scream 3 and a laughing joke, it did not. It was actually hysterical at parts and scary as hell in others. Like I said, poor character development weakened the movie for me. Other than that, it was a thrill ride from start to end. A-
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby Necropolis on May 16th, 2011, 2:24 am
Red Cliff. Its a tale of the chinese dynasty empire. Its a film based from chinese history and the battle scenes are VERY good and epic. Theres real good strategy involved and a lot of emotion. Definitely the best international film Ive ever seen. Its dubbed over in english and its not one of those cheesy dubs from the old days where the mouth still moves after the speech is done. I highly recommend it if you like battle, war, fights, asian themes and music. :D
Necropolis

Postby w00dland on June 6th, 2011, 9:30 pm
The Secret Life of Plants.

Its a 70s documentary thats available for instant play on Netflix.

It will make you laugh, think, laugh harder, and probably cry.

And I think one of the scenes was inspired by an acid trip one of the films makers took at one point.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby Director_Guy on June 11th, 2011, 12:34 am
Super 8. Funnest time in the theatre in a long time. Go see it.
Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking, isn't thinking of.
Director_Guy

Postby TwistedSTEEL666 on June 20th, 2011, 12:24 pm
Green Lantern-
Wow! This movie was fantastic. I liked how it covered Hal Jordan's origin story of how he became a GL. It was Geoff John's version of the story, and it pretty much nailed it. It didn't deviate from the main story line at all.
This is the Green Lantern that fanboys know and love.

Two Thumbs up.
SECOND 2014 VISIT: May 24th, 2014.
2014 Season Pass Holder

"Would You Like A Jelly Baby?" - The 4th Doctor (Doctor Who).

Antonio Aguilera
https://www.facebook.com/BEAMER3K
http://beamer3k.deviantart.com/
View my artwork.
TwistedSTEEL666

Postby tribar on June 29th, 2011, 11:17 pm
I didn't just see this but Hangover funny funny movie. Gotta love with Allen "Were the three best friends that anybody can have" song. Mr. Chow is another funny charater I was so happy when i found he was in the 2nd one
tribar

Postby Jackluver18 on July 1st, 2011, 11:00 pm
Transformers Dark of the Moon- It was good. I liked how Chicago was involved in it. I didn't see the first ones so I may have missed the storyline a little bit. It was long that was the only problem with it. Did I need to see the first two to understand what was going on? I would give it 3/5 just because it was too long for me.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby Cryptkeeper on July 10th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Horrible Bosses IS the best comedy of the year. Forget the Hangover II. While it was funny, it was unoriginal. Horrible Bosses is hilarious, and I highly recommend it.

I also just saw 30 Minutes or Less, which is a good, solid, dark comedy. It opens next month. If you like dark comedies, I recommend you give it a go. And no, I'm not just saying that because they served me free food at Gino's East! :) http://i54.tinypic.com/dg2g6p.jpg

Can't wait to see Harry Potter again, most likely Tuesday at the Hollywood Blvd. Should be fun!
Cryptkeeper
Latest Intamin Victim
Latest Intamin Victim

Postby Necropolis on July 15th, 2011, 3:44 am
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 was amazing, epic, a bit sad and a weird feeling of emptiness has filled me up. I just got home from the midnight premier and I still cant absorb the fact that HP is done, its over, nothing new to look forward to, no new movies or books, no suspense anymore, no more counting down days for a new movie and no more hype about rumors or what will happen, no new cool things to learn about the wizarding world. Its been just over a decade of Potter and its done. I feel like I grew up with the actors and the series. I know most if not all of you coaster fanatics don't really care for Potter especially on a Six Flags forum. For a superb, innovative, creative and epic series that targeted children I am surprised at how many fans worldwide it has captivated and cultivated. I am slowly realizing that we all have to move on from things in life. Thanks to JK Rowling and everyone who gave us happiness, sadness, memories that we can all share and talk about and hopefully many generations can enjoy this series. I am honored to have lived in the era of Potter. Yes its over we have to move on Ive always connected with the characters and considered Hogwarts as another family. It has been there for me during hard times and has helped me become a better person. But one lasting quote will stand the test of time which J.k. Rowling said, "Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home."
Necropolis

Postby Jackluver18 on July 15th, 2011, 3:56 am
^ I just got home too. Oh my god...it was amazing. What a great way for it to end. I won't give anything away I promise but you have to go see it. I will see it over and over again that's for sure. Definatly started crying, won't deny that. Plan on going to see it again next week with my mom since she didn't get to see it at midnight. 5/5 for me and totally awesome. I can't believe it's over either but I look back and think wow 10 years ago was when it all started and now it's over. Next up...Breaking Dawn Part 1 and Part 2 coming out in 2012
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby Coaster Justin on July 15th, 2011, 11:32 pm
After Last Season...

One of the Worst Movies I've Ever Seen (And that includes 2 Transformers, 3 Beverly Hills Cops, Dances with Wolves, Almost any Adam Sandler "Comedy", all 3 Twilights, and Every Friedberg and Seltzer Movie Outside of Spy Hard)

Look at the "Trailer"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPPRB6ErOIU

If you don't believe it's bad, Buy/Rent it (It says PG-13 but there's NOTHING "offensive" about it.)
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Jackluver18 on July 18th, 2011, 6:44 pm
Saw Harry Potter again today with my mom. She didn't see it at midnight and she wanted to see the last one. It was amazing as the first time. Still sad it's over.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby Necropolis on July 20th, 2011, 10:54 am
Harry Potter and the DH2 has made just about half a billion dollars. :shock: Yeah, I know. Its officially the highest grossing movie opening weekend and officially the greatest earning series of all time. Even most of the people saw it in regular 2D instead of 3D and 3d IMAX. So doing the math its the highest grossing movie for opening weekend and most people saw it in 2d, mind you 2d costs about $10 so...carry over the one...ah yes...TONS of people saw the movie. Its fanbase is HIGHLY respected unlike other competing series which I shall not name *cough* vampires *cough cough*. But Im glad it broke records. Only other movies I see that have a good chance of beating potter for opening weekend is either dark knight rises, the hobbit or avatar 2 which all 3 come out next year. But certainly no competition Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is undoubtedly thee movie of the year. :D Lumos!
Necropolis

Postby onyxhotel08 on July 27th, 2011, 8:28 pm
Teen Wolf with Michael J Fox. It was pretty decent enough but overall a very unnecessary film. Only worth watching on a Sunday night movie marathon.
onyxhotel08

Postby Cryptkeeper on August 18th, 2011, 12:52 am
"Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" may just be the worst movie I've seen all year.

It definitely has it all: horrendous acting, an awful script, stupid people doing things that no one with any sense in the world would ever do, a confusing ending, a dumb story, and, on top of all of that, it's bloody boring.

Save your money, please, see something else. Truly, the only thing about this movie that you should be afraid of is the fact that you'll never get yours 1 hr. 40 mins. back of your life back after you do see it. Yikes!
Cryptkeeper
Latest Intamin Victim
Latest Intamin Victim

Postby onyxhotel08 on August 18th, 2011, 2:16 pm
Big Momma's House 3....as bad as I thought. it is like they don't try after the first one. Second was barely watchable, but this was just ...sad to see Martin lawrence rely on a tired and dead franchise to keep him relevant.
onyxhotel08

Postby onyxhotel08 on August 18th, 2011, 2:17 pm
Cryptkeeper wrote:"Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" may just be the worst movie I've seen all year.

It definitely has it all: horrendous acting, an awful script, stupid people doing things that no one with any sense in the world would ever do, a confusing ending, a dumb story, and, on top of all of that, it's bloody boring.

Save your money, please, see something else. Truly, the only thing about this movie that you should be afraid of is the fact that you'll never get yours 1 hr. 40 mins. back of your life back after you do see it. Yikes!

Ouch. What's the movie about? What are those "mosters" really? How is katie Holmes?
onyxhotel08

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum