Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Cedar Point and Kings Island Wait Times?

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby Jacklw6499 on April 28th, 2014, 5:42 pm
Hello Everyone! My cousin and I are going to Cedar Point and Kings Island in August. We were just wondering how long lines can get for the following coasters considering we only have a day for each and need to see which ones have bigger lines Etc. Cedar point:
Blue streak
Corkscrew
Gatekeeper
Gemini
Iron dragon
Magnum xl-200
Mantis
Maverick
Mean streak
Millennium force
Top thrill dragster
Raptor
Wicked twister
Kings island:
The beast
Diamondback
Banshee
Fire hawk
Flight of fear
Invertigo
The racer
Vortex
The bat
Adventure express
Backlot stunt coaster
Thanks Everyone! Also I didn't know if there was a forum for this so I made one!
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby w00dland on May 8th, 2014, 5:02 pm
Things I remember from the parks 4 years ago:

Kings Island - Firehawk's line was awful, no shade and a very slow mover due to the fact its a Vekoma flyer. The Beast's line was quite slow as well because it was running two trains and it happens to be such a long coaster. That being said, make sure to hit the Beast at night because its such a great experience. Backlot Stunt Coaster didn't have a line at KI, but had a long line at KD, so watch for that potential as well. Oh, and obviously Banshee will be long.

Cedar Point - Maverick tends to get a long line along with TTD, MF and Raptor. I'm imaging that Gatekeeper also draws a huge line but I haven't seen it yet.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby Jacklw6499 on May 15th, 2014, 3:39 pm
w00dland wrote:Things I remember from the parks 4 years ago:

Kings Island - Firehawk's line was awful, no shade and a very slow mover due to the fact its a Vekoma flyer. The Beast's line was quite slow as well because it was running two trains and it happens to be such a long coaster. That being said, make sure to hit the Beast at night because its such a great experience. Backlot Stunt Coaster didn't have a line at KI, but had a long line at KD, so watch for that potential as well. Oh, and obviously Banshee will be long.

Cedar Point - Maverick tends to get a long line along with TTD, MF and Raptor. I'm imaging that Gatekeeper also draws a huge line but I haven't seen it yet.

Thanks!
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby Jackluver18 on July 15th, 2014, 9:11 pm
I did I search but I couldn't really find anything and was afraid to make a new topic. I'm going to Kings Island for the first time ever next month. I've always wanted to go but I don't know what to expect. How different is it from Great America? Don't hate me for asking these questions, I'm just curious because I have never been before. I know what rides I want to hit when I get there Monday and then go the whole day Tuesday. If anyone can give me some information, that would be fantastic. PM if you can. Please and thank you
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on July 15th, 2014, 11:32 pm
I have been to Cedar Point twice and both times the park has been pretty empty.

Blue Streak - 15 minutes
Corkscrew - 15 minutes
Gatekeeper - 1 hour
Gemini - 15 minutes
Iron Dragon - 15 minutes
Magnum XL-200 - 30 minutes
Mantis - 30 minutes
Maverick - 2 hours
Mean Streak - 30 minutes
Millennium Force - 2 hours
Top Thrill Dragster - 2 hours
Raptor - 1 hour
Wicked Twister - 30 minutes

Those are about how long I waited for the different roller coaster, but expect to wait a bit longer for most of them due to the time of tour visit. Gemini will also have a much longer line now due to the Gemini Midway redo and the new Sky Coaster. Also, Maverick has a very slow moving line in my opinion, so hit it first, and it also helps if you stay on property for early entry.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby Foltzy on July 16th, 2014, 1:16 pm
Really. I went on July 17-20 past two years. I stay at breakers hotel for early entry. And dash for MF. IGet on it twice with max of 15 min wait every time, and then go to maverick. Normally 30 min wait there. The park opens as I'm getting back in line for time number 2. Still 30-45 min wait. I go to Gatekeeper for only one ride And 30 min wait. I go to TTD and have a 15 min wait. I save raptor for about 6 because crowds have gone down. Other coasters should have short waits. (I go on GK once because of its x flight similiarites. I might go on twice if wait is short)
Foltzy

Postby chal.nikkal on January 11th, 2015, 12:49 pm
How different is it from Great America? Don't hate me for asking these questions, I'm just curious because I have never been before. I know what rides I want to hit when I get there Monday and then go the whole day Tuesday. If anyone can give me some information, that would be fantastic. PM if you can.? Please and thank you.
GUL
chal.nikkal

Return to Off-Topic Forum