Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Small town hicks hate gays.

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby tp41190 on December 4th, 2011, 11:24 pm
So I live in a very rural town, have for a long time, and it has some ups and down. Well there is a lot of prejudice if your aren't white, christian, or straight. For me making friends out of state, going to college, traveling everywhere, and working at Cedar Point have opened my mind to an enormous level. I feel ashamed of where I live and the people I know sometimes.

Well I found this video that my coworkers did a for a school project....and they got an A on it. I was in shock when I saw this.

Here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEleuyqa_I4&feature=autoshare

Note: please do not flag the video for removal, the longer this stays online, the more people can witness this extreme amount of ignorance. However, please feel free to post this to others and post your comments on the video :) ....unless of course you agree with the video.

Funniest part about this whole thing is that these kids are basically white trash hicks and they think they are all thug...they even started a rap group :lol:
[read]
tp41190

Postby Galvan317 on December 4th, 2011, 11:46 pm
This is a school project? I knew our education system had gone downhill, but that is just..wow. These kids are gonna have hard time in the real world. What's really going to be funny is when they go out and get a job and their boss is gay :).
Galvan317
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby tp41190 on December 5th, 2011, 12:00 am
BP/19 wrote:What's really going to be funny is when they go out and get a job and their boss is gay :).

:lol: I work with them and I am their supervisor...they don't know I am gay. However they also don't know I have seen this video. I am not threatened by them at all. I do however find how they act in real life pathetic and sad.
[read]
tp41190

Postby Galvan317 on December 5th, 2011, 12:27 am
Is the guy with the green shirt and the hat always like that? Nothing is more pathetic than a faux-thug. You can tell just by looking at them that they have no idea what its like in west chicago, compton, etc. They would get eaten alive faster than you can snap your fingers.
Galvan317
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby tp41190 on December 5th, 2011, 12:42 am
^HA...let alone Milwaukee...or even any town with a population over 50,000 people. Yeah they also act like that and they have never left the town...nor even will leave the town.
[read]
tp41190

Postby monsterfan99 on December 5th, 2011, 2:02 am
People ask me why I don't want kids and this is why. This is the public education system for you in conservative areas.

That said, every marriage should include "as long as they put out."
monsterfan99

Postby Necropolis on December 5th, 2011, 2:33 am
This is a very touchy subject no matter where you are. You will always have two opposing sides especially something like this. Religion, Homosexuality, and Politics will always be the 3 biggest argumentative topics on the face of the earth. In response to the vid I am not surprised at how much negativity it got and is getting. That just the way it is and will be at least in our lifetime. Im not trying to sound mean I am just blunt an to the point with everything and I tell it like it is, see what I see. I am neutral in this gay rights topic. I have never bashed or hated on a homosexual ever because I myself am bisexual. Its not my business nor should it be others to stick their nose in a shunned topic like this. I would tell the haters, "Don't get your panties in a bunch lmao." Good job on the vid though.
Necropolis

Postby tp41190 on December 5th, 2011, 2:43 am
Regardless of what they believe, it is still downright pathetic to say "flash em yo nine". Violence against anyone for no reason, just for being different, is downright wrong...no matter what you are trying to defend. The point of me posting this wasn't to try to start a debate on whether gay marriage is right or wrong, it was just to show the kind of discrimination some people face. Thanks to the hobby I am a part of, and thanks to the people I have met, living in this small town doesn't bother me. I can look back and just laugh because I know these guys aren't going anywhere. It's my second season on this job, and they have been there for 5-6 years and I already am above them. I really have no complaints. However I know that there are people out there that have to put up with this and it affects them negatively and that is what pisses me off.
[read]
tp41190

Postby Cole on December 5th, 2011, 6:12 pm
If you don't mind, what town is this from?
Top 5: 1) El Toro. 2) Maverick. 3) Millenium Force. 4) Diamondback. 5) X2.
Coaster Count: 167 (41 Wood, 125 Steel)
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby Director_Guy on December 7th, 2011, 12:49 pm
They got an A on this? The production values are appalling and they make absolutely no argument. "Homosexual marriage is morally wrong and illegal." And that's the end.

And that they condone and encourage violence other people? They should have been suspended.

This is the most disgusting thing I've seen recently. I had hope that the current generation was growing up with much less prejudice than the previous, but it's clear I'm wrong. Why do people get so upset by two people in love? Why does it offend them? Why do they act out so violently?

The ignorance and intolerance in the world still astounds me. I'm not saying I'm incredibly smart, but I know to let people live the way they like to live.

My best friend is gay. I hope he never has to encounter the hate shown in this video.

"Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding."
Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking, isn't thinking of.
Director_Guy

Postby Necropolis on December 7th, 2011, 8:24 pm
They're teenagers. They don't do their research before they get to the plan. And I'm sure they are so dumb they'll say things like "Whats to know? its wrong." or they won't have a logical answer and reasoning or will argue the same things over and over. They probably wont argue and just contort to childish drama or humor. And don't get me started on the Religious view of homosexuality. I hate it when non-religious people use religion, bible, etc to backup their statements only when they need to justify their answers to strangers. Otherwise they would never consult to those terms. I love how karma works. If you make fun of something with such sensitivity such as this topic, it will come and bite you in the ass. HARD. The video is so shitty was it smacked up in one take without any pre-planning? See if adults made this and took their time with it, then maybe it could have a valid argument but nonetheless children make things like this and expect it to be approved by the populous? Pssht yeah right. I would own those kids in an argument.
Necropolis

Return to Off-Topic Forum