Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Macho Man Randy Savage Dies

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby CoasterNick3157 on May 20th, 2011, 2:14 pm
CoasterNick3157

Postby monsterfan99 on May 20th, 2011, 5:18 pm
This death, along with wrestler Larry Sweeny, have hit me hard. Randy Savage was my childhood hero, the guy I looked up to. As a pro wrestling fan, it never got better than Savage from his 1970's work for his dad all the way up to most of his WCW run. He will be missed by everyone and I'm glad he was able to live a long (for a post 1985 pro-wrestler) life.
monsterfan99

Postby Paradise on May 20th, 2011, 6:13 pm
As a religious follower of wrestling, this really sucks. He was one of the most influential wrestlers of our time. 58...So young....Suprised hes not in the WWE Hall of Fame. He's a sure thing for next year though.
Have a take and don't suck, it's the Jim Rome Show!
Paradise

Postby monsterfan99 on May 20th, 2011, 7:55 pm
^His feud with Vince has been the stuff of legends the last 15 plus years with the real reason for the hate unknown. With the WWE being on good terms with his brother, there is a shot he goes in next year with it being so close to home of Tampa.
monsterfan99

Postby FParker185 on May 20th, 2011, 10:12 pm
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Galvan317 on May 21st, 2011, 12:04 am
One of wrestlings best personalities, takes me back to the day when WCW/WWF had funny characters as their wrestlers, they used to be so much more marketable: "Ooohh yeah!" Macho Man Randy Savage, Ric Flair, Rowdy Piper, Disco Inferno :lol:. Its funny looking back at it that EVERYONE was in to it, as kids we used to wait for the weekend to be over so we could watch WCW Monday Night Nitro and Raw is War. Those were like the two highest rated shows on TV at the time :lol:. I will never forget Disco Inferno, Undertaker, Kane, and Goldbergs entrances, that is marketing right there. Also brilliant marketing how those TV shows were basically long commercials for the PPV events. I remember one of the PPV events where Undertaker was locked in a casket and then Kane took an axe to it then set it on fire. Now thats entertainment worth paying for :lol: . Back in the day when we would wrestle at the school playground during recess for fun and everyone did it, sadly I don't think this practice is acceptable anymore. It's unfortunate seeing how wrestling evolved and how it's not nearly as popular anymore, saw Kane without the mask once and that was just weird. It was nice while it lasted, but It's time has definitely passed.

I was fortunate enough to meet Macho Man since he was riding in front of me on an airplane years ago. Was funny seeing everyones head turn when they called "Randy Savage" to the desk. Unforunately wrestling during that time was big on steroid use and the fact that he had a heart attack while driving leads me to believe there is little doubt as to what may have caused it.
Galvan317
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby Necropolis on May 21st, 2011, 8:10 pm
Im sure there will be a spike in slim jims now. RIP Macho Man. You were truly one of the greatest of all time. You are a legend and will never be forgotten. You were an inspiration to thousands and without you the WWE may not have been what it is today. RIP and I will see you on the other side.
Necropolis

Postby w00dland on May 23rd, 2011, 11:59 pm
Hate to say it, but older wrestlers seem to be dropping like flies lately.

The macho man was always entertaining. I'm worried about Ric Flair. That guy looks rough in the TNA ring.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby monsterfan99 on May 24th, 2011, 2:36 pm
^Be more worried about Hulk Hogan. He might be the first major in-ring death on a US PPV this year.
monsterfan99

Postby Necropolis on May 24th, 2011, 11:50 pm
monsterfan99 wrote:^Be more worried about Hulk Hogan. He might be the first major in-ring death on a US PPV this year.

I feel real bad for him because he has to bring in the $$$ for his family and no one can really do it so he has to step it up in his old age and bring in money and endanger his health.
Necropolis

Postby monsterfan99 on May 25th, 2011, 3:11 am
^What worries me most about Hulk is the fact he just had his around 17th back surgery where it looked like his back was attacked with a pitch fork, He was told never to take a simple bump again for fear of being paralyzed. So what does Hulk do, plan to wrestling in October for TNA. Mind you, him wrestling does nothing for TNA business wise (and nothing ever will for them) and he is getting paid currently to do nothing.
monsterfan99

Postby Paradise on May 25th, 2011, 1:16 pm
Favorite Savage fued?

Mine was DDP/Randy Savage in wCw. The fued lasted all summer, coming to an end at Halloween Havoc. Amazing matches, twists, and promo work by both men.
Paradise

Postby Necropolis on May 25th, 2011, 1:54 pm
Savage vs The Undertaker
Necropolis

Postby monsterfan99 on May 25th, 2011, 8:56 pm
My picks for best feud would be Savage vs Jake Roberts, Savage vs. Hogan in WWF (The Mega Powers EXPLODE) or Savage vs. Jerry Lawler from Memphis. Each one brought out a different Savage and all worked to perfection.

He had some many other great feuds too with Ricky Steamboat, Ric Flair twice and the mentioned DDP. His career of work has held up when I was re-watching a ton on WWF, WCW and Memphis for some reviews I was doing on other sites.
monsterfan99

Postby Paradise on May 25th, 2011, 9:01 pm
Wrestlezone?
Paradise

Return to Off-Topic Forum