Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

The Official I just saw this movie and it....Thread.

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby w00dland on June 27th, 2010, 6:06 pm
This movie was incredible. Brought me back to when I was 8 when the first movie came out on VHS and I watched it 6 times on the way down to Florida. The ending totally kicked my ass though. Great movie.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby [jonrev] on June 27th, 2010, 11:52 pm
Toy Story 3: Good mix of an animated family/adventure/comedy movie. Lots of references to the first movie. Can honestly say it's one of the few threequels that doesn't ruin a movie franchise. The short "Night and Day" was also a great concept!

The ending, as I had read, is a bit of a tearjerker for those who grew up with TS 1 and 2; I didn't lose it but I know some friends of mine did, and I heard alot of sniffling in the theater.
[jonrev]

Postby onyxhotel08 on June 28th, 2010, 12:57 am
a friend of mine went to see Jonah Hex and what do u know he was the only one in the theater and walked out after 30 minutes. lol big Megan Fox fan. :lol:
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby Jackluver18 on June 30th, 2010, 2:40 am
Just got home from seeing Eclipse at midnight. Despite being surrounded by Twilight teens, I had a lot of fun. The movie was good, I won't spoil it but there were some parts that I didn't like and that needed to be changed. The acting was good and I have to say this....Taylor Lautner all the way. I may need to reread the book and go see the movie again because certain parts I was slightly confused. All in all it was good, if you want to ask what parts I didn't like just PM me. I give it a 8/10, plan to see it again...just don't know when.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby yamcha on June 30th, 2010, 8:55 am
i'm going to see that today at 4:30 so I will post my review of it later on today
yamcha

Postby Jackluver18 on June 30th, 2010, 11:02 am
Like I said it was good, certain parts I just didn't like and I certainly don't like Kristen Stewart. I just don't like her, she just seems so......blah.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby onyxhotel08 on June 30th, 2010, 10:27 pm
I have never read the book or seen the first two movies but I am definitely on team Jacob/Bella.
onyxhotel08

Postby thedemonclown on July 1st, 2010, 9:28 am
Read all books never seen movies I think Bella is made as such a bland character so the reader can put themselves into the role. And Jacob until four, when I was like "okay everyone in forks is insane" :)
thedemonclown

Postby onyxhotel08 on July 5th, 2010, 2:13 am
There is no competition between a werewolf and a vampire. Plus Taylor Lautner was awesome in The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl.
onyxhotel08

Postby thedemonclown on July 5th, 2010, 6:12 pm
DREAM DREAM DREAM DREAM DREAM! Said awesomeness verified
thedemonclown

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 5th, 2010, 8:29 pm
^, or ^^ If you want to see Wolverines vs Vampires, go see Underworld, and Underworld Evolution. Kate Beckinsale is so HOT!
Do any of you guys or girls know why you think the A-Team isn't doing so good in the movie theaters? Right now, for both foreign, and domestic; it's only like $6 million over what it cost to make which is nothing (like a flop movie - At least, it's making some money, but hardly anything right now.) My opinion on it is that they seem to spend so much money on this movie. It just seems like too much. The budget is a $100 million. They used to have the A-Team a long time ago on tv, and I know for sure the budget for that was nowhere near $100 million. It just seems like they are overdoing it. I think without Mr. T who is probably really old to do a movie like this, you are going to have trouble. People that seen the A-Team want to see Mr. T in it.

Besides that, I think people really go for stars in movies, and I really don't know where these people came from before looking at what they have done before except the Alias guy. I mean, a UFC fighter is Mr. T?? I haven't seen the movie yet, and it has to do with how good can it be for a 2 hour movie, and for right now I rather just watch the old A-Team show as I don't remember the old episodes. I'll see it eventually, but not yet. I'm not spending $7.50 for THAT movie right now.

And the thing is people are giving it great reviews. Of course though, it's not going to do as great as a kids movie because that's a HUGE movie market. If you want to make some good money on a movie, forget the horror stuff, and older guy stuff. Go make kids movies. They make a mint.

So, in my opinion I think a big reason it's not doing good because there aren't the huge stars in this movie. With a kids cartoon movie, in my opinion you could have anyone be Buzz Lightyear, but for a real life movie, you have to have big name stars in these movies, or people aren't going to go for them, and of course they have to have good plots too.
I just seen Iron Man 2 which came out a while ago. I will say my spoilers now. So, please don't read if you don't want to know anything about this movie. I give it 2 stars out of 4 stars. The reason being is because it was so much like the first movie. You have the terrorist guy who came from Russia, and goes after Iron Man, and than you have government going after Iron Man, and than this Hammer Corporation gets the terrorist guy out of prison. At the end of the movie, you have the terrorist guy controlling robots that are silver metal - shock just like the first movie in which the robot was silver metal - and these robots are fighting Iron Man. To me, it's very unoriginal as compared to the first movie, but again as I said big deal the bad guy is a terrorist. He's nothing special to me like a Joker, a Poison Ivy, or a Cheetah - just a guy who's an evil terrorist. And also, really the Walt Disney parts were just stupid. It's just like Disney saying hey we have Marvel so notice us. - EPCOT ball, EPCOT world of the future plans in front of fake Walt, sort of Disney music, even the Universal globe is in the movie. I think Iron Man is a cool character, but I think his enemies in both these movies stink, and with to me terrible enemies, it doesn't make it fun to me.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Andy aka Tidalwave17 on July 7th, 2010, 8:45 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:Do any of you guys or girls know why you think the A-Team isn't doing so good in the movie theaters?

^ I've got a couple of ideas. 1) It came out the same weekend as another '80s remake, The Karate Kid, which really hurt its opening weekend gross. I believe that The Karate Kid, since it is marketed as a kid's movie and whatnot, had the upper advantage, since Kid/Family movies will always tend to do a little bit better, no matter how you look at it (now there are obvious exceptions, like TDK and others). There also were not a lot of kid's movies out at the time, Marmaduke the week before (whose idea was it to make that movie?), and Shrek nearly a month before The A-Team, so most had already saw it, so families needed another good movie to go to. And, besides that, The Karate Kid was a good movie, almost as good as the original, it got stellar reviews, and it can't hurt Jackie Chan starred in it, either.

2)I think that the show it's based upon left a bad taste in viewers' mouths. The last season of the show bombed, effectively cancelling it. People tend to forget that, even if it is based off the show, it does not have the same writers or director.

3) I've got 8 words for you: Toy Story 3 came out a week later. Say goodbye to all of the money you were expecting to make, film studios, because that is Pixar's week, and they always mean business with movie-making, whether it be the actual movie, or the advertisements/press that go along with it, which leads me to...

4) I really only remember seeing a few commercials on TV about it, while The Karate Kid and Toy Story 3, it seemed like, had a commercial an hour on every channel. It didn't get a broad enough audience to go out and view it, because of very minimal ads.

I guess those were the things that got me to think why it didn't do so hot. I could obviously be wrong, but those were just my factors.
Ilovthevu' wrote:Besides that, I think people really go for stars in movies, and I really don't know where these people came from before looking at what they have done before except the Alias guy.

You don't know where these people came from?! I'll admit, I had never heard of the UFC fighter before this, but you must be living a VERY sheltered life if you don't know Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, or Jessica Biel. They are all famous actors. Liam himself has been in about 6 movies this year, Brad has had huge success with The Hangover, All About Steve, and Valentine's Day (not so much success with the latter two, but they helped get his name out there.) And Jessica has had success with the show 7th Heaven, and movies like Summer Catch, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and also Valentine's Day. She is no small actor. As for the last guy in the gang, Sharlto Copley, he had huge success with last year's hit, District 9, playing the lead role, Wikus van der Merwe. He's probably hard to recognize due to looking a bit different, but it's him, nonetheless.

You are probably going to enjoy this movie, I thought it was pretty well done, especially in some of the fight scenes, but I won't get into details, because some of you haven't seen it yet. 4/5 for me.
Andy aka Tidalwave17

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 7th, 2010, 2:00 pm
^The District 9 guy was a little weird in that movie. I liked that movie based on the plot of the movie and the aliens, and not really because I felt he was a great actor or anything. For the Liam guy, it says he did movies like Chloe, Ponyo, The Chronicles of Narnia (2 of them), AfterLife, Breakfast from Pluto, and Seraphim Falls, and a lot of them didn't do good except for the Chronicles of Narnia, and Clash of the Titans. Of course, Batman Begins did good, but it's Batman for goodness sakes. And Jessica Biel, I never really cared for on 7th Heaven. I really just don't see the super huge star that would wow people. I think Jackie Chan is a super big star compared to who they have in this movie. This is not to say that it's not going to be a good movie when I see it either. I mean Karate Kid costed $40 million, and has gotten $178 million worldwide. I know I would go to see Toy Story 3 whoever the voices for Buzz, and Woody are, but again I think those are high up stars - Tim Allen, and Tom Hanks. A movie like Ocean's Eleven gets $450 million worldwide. Let's see why. It's because you have Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, Matt Damon, and George Clooney.

A-Team cost $110 million. It's just so much for the A-Team series they had every week. The fun of it still today watching old episodes is the old cars being turned over, or a helicopter flying overhead, and Mr. T not wanting to go on an airplane. Just so much money on that tv gone to movie. It just seems like too much. I so want the A-Team van, but I don't know what I would do with it, but I really like that van.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby [jonrev] on July 14th, 2010, 9:32 pm
Saw Jaws at the Genesee in Waukegan last Saturday. First time I've ever jumped at a movie, and I've seen it before. They're showing Alien there next Friday, going to see it.
[jonrev]

Postby Philly 589 on July 17th, 2010, 2:46 am
Went and saw inception today. Was a good movie. Good combo of plot, drama, and action. Little confusing at first, but easier to follow as it moved on. Sci-fi based slightly similar to the matrix. Overall: 8.5/10
Roller Coaster Maniac
"...From the rooftops, shout it out..."
CP Trip July 27-29

My Top 5
1.Maverick
2.Millenium Force
3.Top Thrill Dragster
4.Raging Bull
5.American Eagle (both)
Philly 589

Postby rct2wizard360 on July 19th, 2010, 3:35 am
Inception is the best live action movie this year. Hands down. If you even dream of putting another movie over this you are nuts.
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Postby [jonrev] on July 23rd, 2010, 10:33 pm
Saw Alien at the Genesee. Predictable plot, but pretty good special effects.
[jonrev]

Postby [jonrev] on August 21st, 2010, 1:52 am
Airplane!.

WATCH. NOW!!!
[jonrev]

Postby david on August 21st, 2010, 10:26 am
I especially like the airport screening scene... ahhem. I mean, I never watched that!
david

Postby [jonrev] on August 27th, 2010, 11:11 pm
2001: A Space Odyssey... most bizarre thing I've watched since Ultimate Muscle Roller Legend
[jonrev]

Postby Cryptkeeper on August 28th, 2010, 10:09 pm
Around 3 weeks ago, I saw an advanced screening in downtown Chicago of The Last Exorcism that featured Q&A w/ the director after the movie. I, along with most of the audience, thought it was a pretty good movie. It had a nice combination of spooks and laughs, and wasn't anything like I was expecting. Granted, I had no idea what to expect! The director had some interesting stories including the fact that they shot the movie in about 3 weeks in New Orleans. The house they shot some of the film in still had the water line visible from Hurricane Katrina.

On top of that, while in line for this screening, a dude dressed in a suite starts walking the line telling people about another screening that is to take place 5 days from that day - on Saturday. It was a "very advanced screening of an early Fall movie." He wouldn't say that movie it was. Anyway, the paper he gave everyone showed that this invite was from the Nielson Company.

So, I RSVP'd for this - despite not knowing what it was, I thought it was something neat to do. The day before the screening, Nielson called me reminding me to show up.

Flashforward to screening day...my group is in line as about 5 Nielson employees work the line. One particular guy keeps asking people, "Have you seen any movies on this list?" The list was comprised of movies such as Inception, The Last AirBender, Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief, the recent movie released w/ Nick Cage whose name escapes me, etc. Any group that has seen many of these movies is told, "Is it ok if you stay a bit after the movie as the filmmakers are here and want to ask you questions about it." Judging from the list and from the fact that the sign at the front of the line said "Warner Brothers screening," I had a good hunch regarding what this movie was - but still, I couldn't be 100% certain.

Fleashforward to getting into the theatre - oh wait, but first, anyone who had a cell phone had it taken from them (given back at the end of the movie). Also, security was there w/ night vision goggles.

After grabbing our seats, we noticed seats roped off for VIP's and waited as the theatre filled. Finally, the taped off seats are taken by VIP's (which turned out being the producers of the movie, the director of the movie (David Yates), and the President of Warner Brothers movie studio - all sitting behind me), and a Nielson employee grabs the microphone to tell us that "You are all here to be the very first audience in the world to see the very first cut of ...the newest Harry Potter!" Of course, the crowd went wild. I'm not a big fan - I haven't read the books, but I have seen the movies and I think they're ok - but still, to be part of the first audience in the world to see this w/ the director and producers in the room was so so cool.

The movie was very very long, almost 3 hours in length, and really really needs some major editing. The CGI wasn't done, though some was present, and there was a drop in soundtrack (I think maybe from the Batman movies). Sorry, no spoilers. ;) [You will all have to wait until late November!]

After the movie, we all had to fill out a sheet regarding what we liked and didn't like about the movie. I was as thorough as possible. On the way out, I had a quick greetings w/ the director and our group disbanded as we went home.

Now I'm curious to see the final cut of the movie - to see how much the film has changed, and if those changes are ones that I thought should happen to make the movie better.
Cryptkeeper
Latest Intamin Victim
Latest Intamin Victim

Postby david on August 29th, 2010, 12:11 am
Lottery Ticket. Good ass movie. Don't know much more to say. haha!
david

Postby tribar on August 29th, 2010, 9:33 am
Knocked up good movie .

Some special guest stars made an appearence. They probably did it free of charge
Ladie and Genleman give it up for
Silver Bullet Supreme Scream and Xcelrarator
tribar

Postby ragingbull1331 on August 29th, 2010, 10:58 am
Inception, saw it with a bunch of friends and it was a great movie, with way to many weird plot twists and was very confusing at times.

Paranormal Activity, my friend who has a fear of roller coasters screamed and rolled up into a ball on the floor at the end of the movie. I was too busy recording him for youtube that I didn't watch the end of the movie movie. Good movie, but not great!
RIP IRON WOLF

Twitter: ILoveJimmy_Pop
ragingbull1331

Postby Philly 589 on August 29th, 2010, 10:39 pm
Just saw The Cove. Was a good Documentary. Was a real taste of reality. Very disturbing, but got out another important problem in the world today. Amazing how red it got Overall: 9/10
Roller Coaster Maniac
"...From the rooftops, shout it out..."
CP Trip July 27-29

My Top 5
1.Maverick
2.Millenium Force
3.Top Thrill Dragster
4.Raging Bull
5.American Eagle (both)
Philly 589

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum