Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2005 Season Pass pricing UPDATED

Announcements & News From The Homepage
Postby SFGAm Shock Wave on October 23rd, 2004, 2:30 pm
Six Flags has posted updated Season Pass information on their website. It will cost $84.99 for an Individual Pass and $74.99 for the 4-Pack (per pass). 2005 Season Passes will include Hurricane Harbor.

Read more at: <a href="http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatamerica/TicketInfo/seasonpasses.html" class="news" target="blank">Six Flags.com</a>
SFGAm Shock Wave

Postby CoasterDave316 on October 23rd, 2004, 5:26 pm
Well Im glad to see the WaterPark is now included! This makes my decision on Season Passes much easier now. :lol:
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on October 23rd, 2004, 6:58 pm
Word to that.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby rct2wizard360 on October 23rd, 2004, 9:29 pm
Thats $5 more than I payed for this year, talk about a deal.
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Postby playerplex on October 23rd, 2004, 10:29 pm
Thank God that they included both together or I would have skipped the waterpark all together. I probably won't go to the waterpark. It will be unbelievably crowded. I will stick to the regular park. Hopefully the waterpark will make the lines a little shorter in the normal park.
Ride Count 2006: Vu:4 RB:2 RC:1 Demon:4 Batman:3 IW:5 S:UF:1 Viper:7 Eagle:3 KC:3 GD:1 RLD:2 Scenic Railway:4 YC:4 Logger's: 2 Whirligig:1 HFM:3 Orbit:2 Condor:3 FF:1 Chubasco:1
playerplex

Postby Losiento1224 on October 24th, 2004, 10:46 am
What's going to be the regular fee of admission now??
Losiento1224

Postby Timmy179 on October 24th, 2004, 12:47 pm
Id have to believe it will still cost extra to get into the waterpark without a season pass, I hope
Around the world and back
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby DejaVu The Ride on October 24th, 2004, 1:29 pm
From what I understand, these prices will be for a very limited time and only a certain amount of this price will be sold. One of the big pictures in the preview center now shows the waterpark connected with the regular park even though it doesn't exactly imply where. The ticket booths were now taken out of the drawing.

Also, I think I can confirm that there are red and blue slide pieces in the employee parking lot. They are straight pieces.
DejaVu The Ride

Postby SFGA 11 on October 24th, 2004, 3:04 pm
It says that they will be available at this price untill Dec. 31, and only a limited amount will be sold. Any one have a guess on how much they will be after this time?
SFGA 11

Postby Carlo on October 24th, 2004, 4:30 pm
I take a wild guess and say the Regular Price will be $104.99. Or something close to that. 2004 Regular Price is $94.99.
Carlo
Carlo

Postby mr. dejavu on October 24th, 2004, 5:00 pm
Yes! This will save me lots.
How much longer can I last until Opening Day! ARRRRGH!
mr. dejavu

Postby twixmix0303 on October 24th, 2004, 5:48 pm
Six Flags probably realized that they wouldn't sell enough Water Park or Combo passes to make it worth it, so it would be better for them (and for most of us) to simply raise the current rates a few dollars (not everyone will utilize the water park, even though they're forced to pay a little extra for it). In the end, everyone wins.
twixmix0303

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on October 24th, 2004, 5:51 pm
Well said. I only plan on visiting the water park ocne or twice, if at all. I probably will end up going just to make the extra dollars worth it. :wink:
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby InsaneNewman on October 25th, 2004, 1:48 pm
I don't know, I still get the impression that for day-to-day tickets, HH will have seperate ticketing... it's just too big an investment to not charge extra for.
InsaneNewman

Postby planea380 on October 25th, 2004, 4:29 pm
I acrualyl think they probably would want to go with same price admission for many reasons. Attraced loads of more vistors and they would have to come back because there would be soo much to do. Mangement would be incharge of it because then it wouldn't be a seperate operation, and we know how mangement is at our park. And say if they raised the admnission price 10 bucks they could still make the same amount of money if it was 30 sperate admission, because people who would not go into the water park usually, would go into the waterpark and they may see something that looks fun then they would have to buy a towel and a bathing suit. Which means you could make alot of money this way.

If you have no idea what I am saying, I/m me and I will re explain it.
planea380

Postby InsaneNewman on October 25th, 2004, 4:39 pm
I understad what you're saying Planea, but I disagree... The problem with raising the price of single admission to $52.99 is that it then becomes too expensive for a lot of people, and they would have to charge at least that much to cover the cost of all the new staff alone, not to mention the investment... As a fan, I want to see both parks as one, but as a student of Economics, they would be stupid to not do it seperately.
InsaneNewman

Postby Carlo on October 25th, 2004, 8:21 pm
I think the reason why they have made it include with Admission is because of capacity. The park is only 13 acres. I think they are worried that it will fill up and they would have to close the water park too often that people would complain about paying extra and never getting to use the water park.

As for the cost I suspect One Day Passes will be $44.99.
Carlo
Carlo

Postby planea380 on October 25th, 2004, 8:37 pm
And the $50's range is not that bad because Cedar Point is in the $50's and then you have to pay extra for soak city so I find it to be a good value. ONe more hint, i think is that if theese were combo passes, they would be printing season passes on the Six Flags 2005 Combo passes or Water park passes, not the Theme Park passes. So I have a huge feeling it will be one price admission.
planea380

Postby BMRider on October 25th, 2004, 8:45 pm
I see two options with the parks admission. 1. Do what Dorney does and charge a lower admission on days that the waterpark isnt open and on days that it is charge a higher price.
2. Have a ride and slide deal that will be close to $60 dollars.

This way the park can make up what they "loss" on the season pass sells that are a great deal. After Dec 31st I see the price of a single season pass being $110.

To really know if they are losing money we have to wait and see how much 1 day admission will be.
BMRider

Postby Chitown on October 25th, 2004, 10:42 pm
planea380 wrote:And the $50's range is not that bad because Cedar Point is in the $50's and then you have to pay extra for soak city so I find it to be a good value. ONe more hint, i think is that if theese were combo passes, they would be printing season passes on the Six Flags 2005 Combo passes or Water park passes, not the Theme Park passes. So I have a huge feeling it will be one price admission.

CP's admission for the amusement park is in the 50's? Hardly. Check the site and get a reality check of your own.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby planea380 on October 26th, 2004, 12:39 pm
You get what I am saying though.
planea380

Postby sfgam on October 26th, 2004, 5:08 pm
i really hope they don't charge one price admission, for their sake, and ours.
sfgam

Postby Danhockey04 on October 28th, 2004, 3:23 pm
From what I have heard, it is going to be a one-admission entry fee. Some of the reasons were explained above, it will cause more people to come back to the park another day and buy MVP's or just come back without them. Secondly, the capacity issue, in the summer the waterpark will fill up quickly, and for those wanting to go into the waterpark may not be able to get in. Also, the price at $49.99 or around there is not bad at all, it inclueds both the regualr park and the waterpark. People do not have to be confined to a certain part of the park with their ticket, without having to buy a seperate ticket. Next, management, as you may know, was fighting the park to be included as a one park fee, they pulled the old prices of the Season passes because management wants to control the waterpark too. Lastly, the season pass is onyl offered as a combo pass, if you see there is no waterpark or regular pass, and they are being printed on a Six Flags Season pass, no where on the pass does it say combo pass. They are using the basic season pass.

There are positives and negatives to a one-admission park, the negative is the price will go up only $10-15 at the most. Positives is that people can move from the parks when they want, and they will have a better chance to return to the park. Also, there is a waterpark entrance being built by the go-carts to connect with the park, if they had to check all the ticketes there, it would be a bottleneck, like Necro this year. They would also not have to worry about 2 capacities, a regular park capacity and a waterpark capacity. Instead, the park capacity will increase about 10,000 people with a single park.
Universal Orlando Mechanical Engineer
Marathon down, Goofy to go.
Danhockey04

Return to Headline News