Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFGAm announces a 13 acre Hurricane Harbor

Announcements & News From The Homepage
Postby coasterfreak11 on September 16th, 2004, 8:12 pm
Binks Drake wrote: I'm so buying the combo pass!

Does anyone know how much this will cost??
coasterfreak11

Postby linebacker131 on September 16th, 2004, 8:21 pm
Does anyone know anything about this video they r showing like times or anything?
linebacker131

Postby Danhockey04 on September 16th, 2004, 8:26 pm
I think that I read that the video plays continuously and is five minutes long about Hurrican harbor.
Universal Orlando Mechanical Engineer
Marathon down, Goofy to go.
Danhockey04

Postby Sedir on September 16th, 2004, 8:33 pm
That is amazing! I'm really psyched up for it
/X\
Sedir

Postby LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm on September 16th, 2004, 9:28 pm
I cant wait till the new water park! 2005 may be my best summer EVER!
No matter how hard it is...Never EVER give up. The real failure is those who dont try.
LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm

Postby rct2wizard360 on September 16th, 2004, 9:31 pm
Waterpark is going to be on FOX. Coming up in a little bit.
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Postby Virtua Tennis on September 16th, 2004, 10:05 pm
FOX news Chicago isn't on till 2am, and I don't think it's on the O'Reily Factor which is on FOX News now :wink:.
Virtua Tennis

Postby DejaVu The Ride on September 16th, 2004, 10:33 pm
They had a short segment about the waterpark on WGN News at 9. They pretty much said what we already know and showed footage of the press video with Mr. Six and water activities.
DejaVu The Ride

Postby twixmix0303 on September 16th, 2004, 10:43 pm
coasterfreak11 wrote:
Binks Drake wrote: I'm so buying the combo pass!

Does anyone know how much this will cost??

If you have a season pass, you will be admitted to both parks free. (Not sure how much the price will jump)

There will also be a theme park ticket (most likely same price), a water park ticket (not sure of the price), and a combo ticket (not sure of the price). Ticket prices will probably be published after Fright Fest.
twixmix0303

Postby StealthNet on September 16th, 2004, 10:46 pm
I posted this in the other thread which was locked... but to put things in perspective, Southwest Territory is 11 acres (or was in 1996 when it opened, I'm not sure if the GD and RB land plots were figured into that), and this new waterpark will be 13 acres.

Like others, I didn't expect this much when it first opened. 25 slides is a ton, then the wave pool, then the lazy river, and that huge interactive structure for kids sounds really cool. I'm just wondering about those atomic water coasters and how those are......
StealthNet

Postby Chitown on September 16th, 2004, 11:03 pm
The News Sun probably has the most detail of what it going on logistically with the parking issue because Gurnee is concerned with this. Mention of where the busses will park. They also mention other SF parks with waterparks and separate admission to give an idea of what is going to happen here.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/news ... xflags.htm
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby DejaVu The Ride on September 16th, 2004, 11:12 pm
That article is the best of all the articles I have read about Hurricane Harbor. The bus lot will now be located in a lot near S:UF.
DejaVu The Ride

Postby Virtua Tennis on September 16th, 2004, 11:12 pm
Notes:

Great America will follow this arrangement by constructing a stand-alone entrance to its water park and charging an admission separate from the theme park.

Admission prices for the 2005 operating season have yet to be determined, but Keister said that season passes for both Great America and Hurricane Harbor will go on sale on Oct. 9, the first day of Fright Fest

Keister did say that combination passes will be offered that allow admission to both park areas at Great America, and there will be other packages that allow purchase of a single-day ticket to one park and discount admission to the other. Conceptual plans call for a walkway linking the two parks near the plaza by Space Shuttle America.
Virtua Tennis

Postby Chitown on September 16th, 2004, 11:42 pm
Yes, separate admission and gate will apply here but Keister also stated that another entrance will be constructed for visiters that plan to use both parks and it mentioned near SSA.

My guess is that fenced gate just to the left of the Go-Kart tracks (seeing as the Go-Karts aren't being re-located now.)
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby Virtua Tennis on September 17th, 2004, 12:53 am
Chitown wrote:Yes, separate admission and gate will apply here but Keister also stated that another entrance will be constructed for visiters that plan to use both parks and it mentioned near SSA.

Probably just a little path to another (or maybe the main) gate to HH.
Virtua Tennis

Postby InsaneNewman on September 17th, 2004, 2:17 am
Well, the good thing is, if they do construct a "bridge" between the two parks, you shouldn't have to wait in the godawful line for metal detectors again... that is why I hope that connection happens (and I think it definitely will).

Speaking of articles, I posted this in the other topic, but I don't know if everyone saw it before the topic was locked: Email that was sent out Six Flags newsletter subscribers.

EDIT: By the way, does anyone else think that in light of the current disaster in Florida, naming a themepark "HURRICANE Harbor" might not be in the best of taste right now. I understand that the name is what Six Flag's waterparks are known as, but still.... it makes you wonder.
InsaneNewman

Postby SFGA Bob on September 17th, 2004, 8:51 am
there are hurricanes in FL every year. what makes this year so special? the residents of those parts know what they're getting in to.
I don't have a detonator; its on a timer.
A countdown timer?
No, a count-up timer. It goes from one to explode.
SFGA Bob

Postby SFGAm Viper on September 17th, 2004, 11:08 am
^^Yeah that is such a lame thought. That would be like telling not to name a coaster "Twister", "Cyclone", or "Tornado" because a tornado killed some people. Its not called Hurricane Francis' Harbor!
SFGAm Viper

Postby LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm on September 17th, 2004, 11:19 am
So they picture that they should on the website ( for the people who got the email about the water park ) is that just going to be like a little kids area...For the people that dont know what Im talking about it is the one with the skull.
No matter how hard it is...Never EVER give up. The real failure is those who dont try.
LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm

Postby SFGAm Rules on September 17th, 2004, 11:28 am
^ It will be a combination kids area and slide (smaller but not kids) area.
SFGAm Rules

Postby SFGA Bob on September 17th, 2004, 11:29 am
its the world's largest water play area (or whatever). it was probably designed with kids in mind, but I'm sure that won't stop drunk 20 somethings like myself from running all up and down it, pushing the little kids over the sides and having funt :wink:

seriously, yeah, its for kids, but they'll have to make it so that parents can accompany the little ones so you should be able to tour the entire thing and have fun while doing it.
I don't have a detonator; its on a timer.
A countdown timer?
No, a count-up timer. It goes from one to explode.
SFGA Bob

Postby LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm on September 17th, 2004, 11:30 am
So I can go on it? :wink:
LaTiNoObSeSeDSFGAm

Postby coasterdude12 on September 17th, 2004, 3:39 pm
I'm only now reading this topic, sorry if this has been discussed before, i heard this park is getting 4 water coasters, am I insane? Or, what will they be called?
Goodbye 11/9!
coasterdude12

Postby SFGAm Rules on September 17th, 2004, 7:09 pm
SFGAm Rules

Postby coasterdude12 on September 17th, 2004, 7:47 pm
Let me be more specific,

On that site, I saw this,
{Atomic Coasters
(Hammerhead, Mako, Big White, Stingray)}

What are atomic coasters?
Goodbye 11/9!
coasterdude12