Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

If you Owned SFGAm!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAm Rules on July 25th, 2004, 3:00 pm
^ Um, actually they are stuck together. They use the same support structure.
SFGAm Rules

Postby Virtua Tennis on July 25th, 2004, 3:05 pm
They're 2 coastes, Red Forwards, and Blue Backwards.
Virtua Tennis

Postby The Beast on July 25th, 2004, 6:19 pm
Should I count them as two on my track record? ;-) Anyway AE is the least of SFGAm's problems. Like Papas said, all those little things. SFGAm is a good park, no doubt, but just those little things make it a great park.
Justin
The Beast

Postby Danhockey04 on July 25th, 2004, 10:26 pm
Lets just put it this way, if they should take out any ride in the park, it should be Deja Vu, even though it is a crowd pleaser, it never works. It is always down for some maintance problems, it dissapoints the crowds more than pleases the crowds, that is the only ride I would get rid of completely, and put Sky Whirl back in!! :lol:
Universal Orlando Mechanical Engineer
Marathon down, Goofy to go.
Danhockey04

Postby Virtua Tennis on July 25th, 2004, 10:31 pm
Danhockey04 wrote:and put Sky Whirl back in!! :lol:

No you wouldnt.
Virtua Tennis

Postby Timmy179 on July 25th, 2004, 10:32 pm
The GP would be pissed off if they took Vu out. so many people see it closed, and want to ride it, and if they came and saw it gone, theyd probably be a little peeved!

I think SF is on the right track with vu...
Around the world and back
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby Virtua Tennis on July 25th, 2004, 10:41 pm
If people didn't like it so much it would be gone by now.
Virtua Tennis

Postby Timmy179 on July 25th, 2004, 10:46 pm
Thats exactly what Im trying to say, If it wasnt for the crowds it does draw when its open, it would be gone, and not to mention, theres no other ride you can put ther(with the exception of an impulse, we have one of those) that would draw the crowds that it does, the only coaster i see ever fitting there is a kiddie coaster, and well yeah
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby DejaVu The Ride on July 25th, 2004, 11:11 pm
They could put many different Rides in DejaVu's spot. But lets not get into that because DejaVu is not going anywhere as of now.
DejaVu The Ride

Postby NoUseForAName on July 25th, 2004, 11:43 pm
American Eagle- Rehab/Re-Paint, PTC Trains without the "wings" on the sides. Everything cleaned up in the tent area, take out all the extra unneeded queue and the pointless VR party stuff. Landscape and re-due the queue across the bridge.

Iron Wolf- Add it to Yukon Territory. Re-painted Gunmetal Track/Dark Blue Supports. New B&M trains. The "MCBR" transition smoothed out. Station themed like a log cabin.

V2- Covering over the queue, techno playing in the line.

Batman- Railing added where the yellow line is for front row. Repainted Batman Blue Track/ Black Supports.

Ragin Cajun-Covering over the line, with at least 6 cars on it at all time. Sign that clearly says it's an extreme attraction and have it go back the way it was at the begining of the season. (No Trims)

Superman- Themed to Metropolis.

Stargate Area- Remove Stargate, landscape the area and the go-karts with a racing theme add a medium sized inverting Intamin rocket with the traditonal TTD, Xcelerator racing theme with a Grandstand, Etc...

Whizzer- Repainted Dark Green Track/White Supports. 3 Train op on busy days.

Demon. Repainted Red Track/Black Supports. Improved Arrow Trains.

Deja Vu- Same style trains with room inbetween each car with 2 extra cars added on. Regular style station with small queue for each row. Brakes added at the bottom of the backwards exit of the Cobra Roll and station. (Train doesn't have to catch the car on the spike a third time for faster unloading/loading)

Beyond these I would probably just have all around park improvements, better food and slightly cheaper prices.
Last edited by NoUseForAName on July 25th, 2004, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NoUseForAName

Postby Danhockey04 on July 25th, 2004, 11:44 pm
Ilovethevu' wrote:____EL ___E _____E
SFGAm Food (If u know the puzzle, pm me, and the first person will be recognized)

It is funnel cake sundae :lol:
Universal Orlando Mechanical Engineer
Marathon down, Goofy to go.
Danhockey04

Postby HiSpAnOwAy on July 26th, 2004, 1:56 am
I WOULD ADD A NEW THEME AREA MOVIE WORLD ( HOLLYWOOD IN THE 1920'S ) AND MAKE IT BE WHERE THE LAKE IS NEXT DOOR AND LIKE BUILD X THE RIDDLERS REVENGE AND STUFF LIKE DAT THEIR. AND ALSO MAKE TALLER RIDES AND BRING BACK ALOT OF ORIGINAL STYLE.
Deactivated for not following Forum Rules
HiSpAnOwAy

Postby Timmy179 on July 26th, 2004, 10:17 am
Wow.... what can I say Hispan0wAy.

If your saying what I think your saying (it took me awhile to analyze and translate your rant) SfGam cannot Build on or near that lake. Its been deemed the boundary between Gam and the neighbors
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 26th, 2004, 10:29 am
NoUseForAName wrote:American Eagle- Rehab/Re-Paint, PTC Trains without the "wings" on the sides.

I like those "wings" because then I can pretend like I'm sleeping.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby The Beast on July 26th, 2004, 10:40 am
^^They added those because of the helix, right?
Justin
The Beast

Postby w00dland on July 26th, 2004, 11:01 am
HiSpAnOwAy wrote:I WOULD ADD A NEW THEME AREA MOVIE WORLD ( HOLLYWOOD IN THE 1920'S ) AND MAKE IT BE WHERE THE LAKE IS NEXT DOOR AND LIKE BUILD X THE RIDDLERS REVENGE AND STUFF LIKE DAT THEIR. AND ALSO MAKE TALLER RIDES AND BRING BACK ALOT OF ORIGINAL STYLE.

So maybe we should just relocate most of Magic Mountain and Cedar Point over to Gurnee, and still keep the family style?

iluvthevu' wrote:NoUseForAName wrote:
American Eagle- Rehab/Re-Paint, PTC Trains without the "wings" on the sides.

I like those "wings" because then I can pretend like I'm sleeping.

Didn't they put those on because at the end of the barrel helix there is that big piece of plywood that seperates the trains? Just think about what could happen if that wasn't there and somebodies arm was sticking out of the train.

Bye Bye Hand...
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby Virtua Tennis on July 26th, 2004, 11:09 am
It ran for years without the shields they just added them for a little extra insurance (so people don't stick their arms out).
Virtua Tennis

Postby SFGAm Rules on July 26th, 2004, 11:17 am
If I owned SFGAm I would bring back the old root beer stand in Hometown Square. They could sell the soda there for $1. It's not the old $0.25 but it would still be popular considering that most sodas there go for $3. Also, I would get rid of the current SF party show at the front of the park and figure out a show that is more entertaining for people of all ages. I would do the same for that show before the parade. I would put in a Ferris wheel somewhere if I could find a space. I would make Yankee harbor themed again. I would repaint V2's track red and rename the ride. I would also add the lighthouse back in somewhere. I would rename all of Orleans and Mardi Gras back to Orleans Place, because they are really such a similar theme anyway. I would rename IMS to the "Ice Mountain Yankee Clipper" so both sides get their way. I would also repaint the flumes, Clipper dark blue, and loggers brown. I would take out Condor and put in the sky ride station there. The other one would be at funnel cake foundry (I think it used to be the station's location. I would reinstall Yukon Yahoo because that section is in need of rides. I would put a McDonalds somewhere inside the park. I would also rename Wascal's to "Burgers on The Run" as it used to be called." I would restore all of Demon's old theming, and post a sign telling church groups that it is just theming, not something that goes against religion. I would use the trolleys as a ride again. I would use the old Marriott's logo, with the SF logo on top, kind of like in the Z-Force days. Finally, I would use those old "The rides are GREAT, the shows are GREAT, the fun is GREAT" ads, but say the words "Six Flags” when they say Marriott's.
SFGAm Rules

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 26th, 2004, 12:33 pm
At SFStL they used to have a Mcdonald's, but guess what it is now? MooseBurger lounge. I know that SFKK has a Subway in there park. The problem is that the places outside the park get enough business that I believe there are three Mcdonald's (one by Speedway, "Rock and Roll type", and one in Gurnee Mills). I believe there's also two Taco Bells, and two Wendy's.

I wish they put a 7 Eleven outside though. This way I could get a big slurpee afterwards. Target and Wal-Mart are usually closed after I leave.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby SFGAm Rules on July 26th, 2004, 12:45 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:I believe there are three Mcdonald's (one by Speedway, "Rock and Roll type", and one in Gurnee Mills). I believe there's also two Taco Bells, and two Wendy's.

There are now two McDonald’s in Gurnee Mills (Took over the BK).
The Rock and Roll type has gone down hill, they now are charging for water!
There are two Wendy's, but only one Taco Bell that I know of.
As for inside the parks, there are McDonald's in SFOG and SFGAdv. I also know that there is a Subway inside SFA.
SFGAm Rules

Postby w00dland on July 26th, 2004, 12:52 pm
The BK accross the street from GAm gets so much buisness.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby HiSpAnOwAy on July 26th, 2004, 12:57 pm
[quote="Timmy179"]Wow.... what can I say Hispan0wAy.e]\

Are you trying to get smart now? No dont build the theme area over the lake a stand up rollercoaster. Six Flags owns that land so they can use it. Also fight with the city to make rides taller. Repaint almost everything. Bring back the balloons the sold at the plaza for like a cheap price. Lower every price down. Make the night show better without lip singing. And take out the towers in the train station for the night show ( if you know what Im talking about )
Deactivated for not following Forum Rules
HiSpAnOwAy

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 26th, 2004, 1:04 pm
Where's the Mcdonald's at SFOG? I don't remember seeing that, and it doesn't appear to be on my SFOG map. I know WDW at MGM had a Mcdonald's, but they were only selling fries. I guess there's no Taco Bell in the mall. I thought there was, but it must have moved out.
Ilovthevu'

Postby SFGAm Rules on July 26th, 2004, 1:15 pm
^ I'm not sure about in the mall; I thought you meant free standing.
As for the McDonald's at SFOG, I'm looking at my guidebook from 1996. It says that it is next to the looping starship. I remember it being near the parachute ride. I think it was an old style building with the two big arches on the sides of the building.
SFGAm Rules

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 26th, 2004, 1:34 pm
There is a building between the two rides, but they don't put a name on it. That makes sense putting a Mcdonald's in a USA area.
Ilovthevu'

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum