Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

If you Owned SFGAm!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Papas on June 4th, 2004, 5:29 am
Well if I was ceo i'd melt ShockWave, don't assume, I rode it 114x in 2002 so I obviosly liked it, but it simply just cannot be sitting there. It's not popular, and never will be. Also, they could really use the parking space in the employee lot, I'm not about to let my emotions cloud my judgement.

Also i'd try to hire more employees that could work during during May and October, not an easy feat, ethics are imporant to me and theres only so many people that understand that so i'm not about to get all mad at the park for being understaffed these days. Also, i'd have them come earlier for training, having slow loads resulting in longer lines is not something that the guests should really have to worry about.

Also a few fans in the emergency storm drain access wouldn't hurt. Iron Wolf gets painted to look nice (kind of sticks out in a bad way now). Some bottleneck control in Eagle's queue line (I fix this every moning with garbadge cans but thats kind of, you know). Add some switchbaks at the front of Vipers station (also for bottleneck control). Also paint Demons black train's shells purple with a black stripe, I don't really like the way the black on black looks.

As far as DDR goes, I don't know if Koonami (or whoever makes it) leases out that space or the machines are owned by SFGAm or whatever, I don't know how the arcade system works. But if SFGAm owns them, and I owned SFGAm, my god would I put in more! Not cause I like it (cause honestly I don't), but because of the business aspect. It always has a line and a crowd of people standing around it. Simple, add more, more people play it, more $.

I know these are all 'little things' compared to your guys TTD and stuff but in my opinion it's more important than new rides.

What I really would like to do though is rip up the whole parking lot (Except for the little overflow lot) and fill it up with brand new rides, and only allow Coaster Enthusiasts to enter the park. No GP Allowed But I would have to have alot of $ to do that.

I'm sure you'd do that.
Papas

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 4th, 2004, 10:55 pm
If I owned SFGA:
-Replace Space Shuttle America with a Indoor Roller Coaster
-Tear down Am E and tent, and put a new wooden coaster comparable to St Louis's Screamin' Eagle along with Tivoli's (Oribitor, Typhoon, or Predator) which are the same ride with different names, Chance's Zipper or Chaos, and Thunderbolt which comparable to the deceased Haybayler
-V2, De'ja' Vu', and Viper station queues should be changed to deal with overcrowding
-Replace Outdoor Theater in Southwest Territory with Mine Train Roller Coaster and Wisdom's Super Sizzler
-Replace Hometown Fun Machine due to poor attendence and bad location and put the Scooby Doo water ride
-Lastly, take out Ice Mountain Splash and put Mr. Freeze across from Batman
Ilovthevu'

Postby mschulz5 on June 4th, 2004, 11:02 pm
Total cost of that = more than the whole six flags chain has right now.
'' If u commited suicide, u wouldn't be here anymore'' - Gangsta Fruit
mschulz5

Postby rct2wizard360 on June 4th, 2004, 11:24 pm
Oh yea. We're talking major $$.

Also, I thought of a better idea instead of my "City Area"
It would be a racing themed area,and the go karts would stay. And instead of a rocket and a 4d, we would have a shuttle loop named "Quater Mile Fly" and a Premier LIM with a Top Hat, inline twist then do it in reverse named NASCAR Thunder. Also, have an actual race-track for them professional go-kart races.
Last edited by rct2wizard360 on June 5th, 2004, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Postby ShortChilli on June 4th, 2004, 11:45 pm
If I could do anything, I would bring back Shockwave!! :wink: No just kidding, but I wouldn't change anything but around those go karts, where there is the observation tower and the pictorium. I would put something else there, maybe a new flat.
ShortChilli

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 8th, 2004, 1:06 pm
SFGAM needs a queue before the station on BTR. I'm sick of hearing front row to the right and the rest of the rows to the left. It's not that hard, pick a side!!!!!!! :evil:
Ilovthevu'

Postby punkbunny24242 on June 8th, 2004, 1:14 pm
I second that! They do that with Eagle too! It clearly states which side is which but it still confuses people :roll:
punkbunny24242

Postby Losiento1224 on June 8th, 2004, 2:38 pm
If I owned Great America I would bring back Shockwave because we have nothing that has a lot of inversions. Also I'd add some more Gothem City rides around Batman somewhere. Maybe a floorless coaster of some sort to fill that role. I'd lower the price to get into the park and definatly the food prices. Maybe a 4th demension coaster when they are more reliable or a superhero ride to put out by Superman. Kind of like a battle of some sort in a sense. Expension would be key.
Losiento1224

Postby Mr. SFGAm on June 8th, 2004, 7:44 pm
I wouldn't add any new rides. (at first :D )

-First off, totally reprofile the American Eagle, so it can run without trims.
-Next, get out the paint for American Eagle, Whizzer, Iron Wolf, Logger's, IMS, and Deja Vu's Supports.
-Third, major station control for Viper, Whizzer, Deja Vu, and V2.
-Fourth, overhaul the theming for Yankee Harbor, and maybe squeeze the Lighthouse back in.

And as for the "Winterfest" idea from greatamerica2003, that would be awesome. They could also use a little bit of Orleans Place, so that Rue Le Dodge would be open. I would just love to see HTS all lit up with christmas lights and decorations!
Finally Coaster Season!!
Mr. SFGAm

Postby rct2wizard360 on June 8th, 2004, 9:02 pm
Whizzers station isnt that bad.
rct2wizard360

Postby American Eagle Freak on June 9th, 2004, 6:45 am
I would bring back the shockwave, and add a floorless with at least 9 or 10 inversions and a topspeed from at least 70 mph. And repainting BTR, and American Eagle.
American Eagle Freak

Postby Papas on June 9th, 2004, 7:34 am
rct2wizard360 wrote:Oh yea. We're talking major $$.

Also, I thought of a better idea instead of my "City Area"
It would be a racing themed area,and the go karts would stay. And instead of a rocket and a 4d, we would have a shuttle loop named "Quater Mile Fly" and a Premier LIM with a Top Hat, inline twist then do it in reverse named NASCAR Thunder. Also, have an actual race-track for them professional go-kart races.

Fries with that?
Papas

Postby rct2wizard360 on June 9th, 2004, 9:51 am
Yea make it a large and can I have some extra BBQ sauce. Sorry Im a big thinker! :idea:
rct2wizard360

Postby UnBullievable on June 10th, 2004, 10:44 pm
I have often pondered this question and I think I have a good answer...

Carousel Plaza
- Plymouth Place is becomes an actual territory with a Florida theme. The area will still have SSA (now themed to Cape Canaveral) and Sky Trek Tower, but in addition the go-kart track will be replaced by an S&S Thrust Air themed to the Daytona 500 and a Zamperla Hawk 48 with a shark/beach theme entitled "Hammerhead" will be placed near it. This is all in addition to the gigantic jumping-fountain platform in the middle of the area.
- King Kong gets to hang from the Tower every Fright Fest from now on.
- Pictorium will show actual Hollywood blockbuster movies every night at 7:00 for $5 per person

Hometown Square
- Hometown Fun Machine gets a much-needed revamp
- Turbo Bungy is replaced by an S&S Frog Hopper (that place was meant to be a kiddie area and you know it)

Southwest Territory
- I have no complaints with this area, but I'd repaint Giant Drop to look like a stick of dynamite and then have a big rod sticking out of it with fiberoptic threads that would make it look like a sparkling fuse at night. And we'd call it Dynamite Drop

County Fair
- Demon gets back all it's original theming.
- American Eagle gets a huge rehab. Including an additional 25 ft. added to the lift and drop, the trims get removed for good, and the giant helix goes all the way down once, then halfway up to where it exits now for a killer double helix, but the best part would be the finale, the trims before the final helix would be removed, and they'd dive underground before pulling up out onto the brake run.
- Iron Wolf gets a new paint job.

Yukon Territory
- The whole place gets a huge theming rehab Logger's Run's station being a sawmill, fake snow a la Alpengeist@BGW alongside the walkways

Yankee Harbor
- Again, huge theming rehab, but Batman keeps it's Gotham theme and gets the grafitti back and it's old paint job as well.
- V2 gets a harbor theme
- Ice Mountain Splash is renamed Yankee Clipper, because I hate product placement in the actual ride names.

Mardi Gras
- Leave it be. It's new to begin with.

Orleans Place.
- Now the new Marketplace, Orleans Place will be re-themed in a superhero manner (think Metropolis) with big "skyscrapers" and "apartment complexs" and a world class center for the arts (formerly "Theater Royale")
- Superman gets a LOT more theming as well

Various
- Mister fans replace all TVs
- Ragin' Cajun gets shade in the queues
- Daredevil prices get lowered from $45 to $30, $30 to $20, and $15 to $10
- At least 5 DDR machines per arcade (with a few allowing for 1-on-1 action)
- Paper towels AND automatic hand dryers in all bathrooms
UnBullievable

Postby Virtua Tennis on July 25th, 2004, 1:14 am
Well first off, I wouldn't tear down the place and rebuilt it, that would be stupid (even if I did have 'unlimited money').

I really, really hate the FastLane system. It makes the line move a lot slower (especially on something like S:UF where FL has a line of it's own). I'd just really want to dump it and have people wait in line (I probably wouldn't if I were GM but it's annoying).

Also i'd get fans in queue lines (they really need them for humid days). And i'd get PERMENANT roofs for the queues, not that junk they have now for sun block (rain goes through it). Also i'd have the ride ops clean off the trains every morning.

Also i'd get more ride operators and have a position as 'queue' that would be in the normal rotation. That way they could monitor the line and open/close switchbacks, clean, and other random stuff. in my opinion it's well worth the 12 extra employees they would have to have in the park.

I'd get A LOT more signs in the park (as if they don't already have enough for most people). At the front of every coaster theres a digital thing (like in the emergency drain) that says how long the line is. Also at Ragin' Cajun (by the way they had harder brakes today, it came to a complete stop before spinning) i'd have a sign at the entrance like Superstition Mountain type sign that says "Ragin' Cajun is a bone ratting ride!"

While they have been very, very good with this lately i'd start more rides off with maximum capacity. Bull has been starting with three trains every day for awhile now, but still. The problem is with something like Whizzer where it rarely opens on time (the block checks on it are normally done at like 9:45 and the ops still havnt even started their am's by park opening), get that all worked out and start it with 3 trains (it's at the front of the park, and it always has a long line early in the day). Especially with the significant increase in family attendance this year Whizzer HAS to start with 3 trains on busy days.

For the handicap system i'd paint a yellow line on the exit ramps, maybe put a rail and load them once every 4 or so trains. Let a little line form, that's fine.

I would get better AC in the Storm Drain Access tunnell and some better central AC in the batcave Batcave. They have it now but you can't feel it unless your standing under it. I'd also get a rail in the upper part of there for front row. Have the ride ops wear Gotham City Public Works hats.

On S:UF i'd replace the rails in the straight away with silver top rails, it's rediculous how those painted ones get as the wear away (they painted them FF last year while they should have replaced them). I'd walk it up at 9:45 through the queue house then the rest walk up at 10 like they did the second half of last season. The reason they don't like doing that is because when the people see the ride going overhead they get mad, or if it goes down while your already walked up people get mad. But it's worth the fraction of risk.

Paint Ice Mountain Splash, what?, YANKEE CLIPPER blue track with grey supports like Logger is at Paramount, and paint Logger brown track with grey supports. Re-name Splashwater Falls to Ice Mountain Splash.

Paint Iron Wolf light blue, silver running rails, black supports. Paint the queue rails light blue. Some other work to be done on it like new trains (which wouldn't surprise me if they get them for next season). In the staircase get a line for front row.

And of course the usual American Eagle total rehab we've all been wanting for a long time. It's great that they painted the station (anyone else noticed they painted Demons station and plc room last week? Wheres the love for Demon?, you make it like its the end of the world when Eagles stations painted ). Well anyway, I don't care how much work was done to keep it running smooth, i'd give it a FULL rehab. Entire ride retracked, painted, the retarted dead ends in the line fixed. Also a full rehab on the trains and get them looking like new and paint a stripe on the third blue train. Eagle's a great classic ride and it deserves to be running like new again. Also dispatch Blue a second erlier than Red so they're looking back at Red on the lift and the race would be a lot more fair.

Also at Demon, get a roof over the queue house and the rest of the straight away. Paint the black trains shells light purple with a black stripe (I hate how black train looks on the black track). Also cover the full station and transfer tracks. I hate how they let my trains get weather beaten like that.

At Vu i'd get signage on the airgates saying to please move across and fill all the seats, there are 2 seats per row. Once seated buckle ONLY the orange safety belt leaving the green harness in the air. Also i'd have a grouper at ALL TIMES. It's unnaceptable to have people stand in the middle of a huge bottleneck moving 2 steps every 5 or so minutes.

At Whizzer i'd paint the ceiling of the queue house (which is the station), they painted the walls of it this year so thats good they just need the ceiling painted it's all rusty. Also i'd paint Whizzer the same colors it is, it looks great with the old worn look, but with the new bright look GAm has this year it needs to look presentable (looks nice, but just old now).

At Viper i'd cover more of the straight away, I love those covers! Also i'd get some switchbacks in the station until right before the chutes. They really need them in there, it gets bad.

I'd take FastLane off Giant Drop and use all the chutes again, it's so much esier people just follow the yellow line to their cars and load on.

More scenery in the Stargate part of Carousel Plaza, a lot of trees and flowers to replace the pavement. Also landscaping around Winners Circle. Get 3D glasses for Stargate, it's a good film but it definitly needs something. Also have themed uniforms for Stargate, and have them go back to wardrobe and change when they are going to a different ride.

Also branch off of the SF website, still have the link in a pick a park section of SF.com but then a completely different website. Something like SFGA.com. Have it easy to navigate and nice to look at.

-Bradley 'there more important things than new coasters right now' Papas.
Last edited by Virtua Tennis on July 25th, 2004, 11:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
Virtua Tennis

Postby Danhockey04 on July 25th, 2004, 2:26 am
I agree with you on the SUF FL system, the line is long enough, they do not need to make it any longer. You made a lot of little things that would make a big difference in the park.

They still should fix the Viper's tongue on the sign.
Universal Orlando Mechanical Engineer
Marathon down, Goofy to go.
Danhockey04

Postby w00dland on July 25th, 2004, 2:43 am
Just help Viper, Whizzer, and Deja Vu's station.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 25th, 2004, 12:46 pm
Little stuff, yeah right!!!! People complain at me because I want to change soooo many things. You couldn't answer in the If You Were To... topic. You brought this old topic up so you could rephrase your statement.

Virtua Tennis wrote:Well first off, I wouldn't tear down the place and rebuilt it, that would be stupid (even if I did have 'unlimited money').

I really, really hate the FastLane system. It makes the line move a lot slower (especially on something like S:UF where FL has a line of it's own). I'd just really want to dump it and have people wait in line (I probably wouldn't if I were GM but it's annoying).

Also i'd get fans in queue lines (they really need them for humid days). And i'd get PERMENANT roofs for the queues, not that junk they have now for sun block (rain goes through it). Also i'd have the ride ops clean off the trains every morning.

Also i'd get more ride operators and have a position as 'queue' that would be in the normal rotation. That way they could monitor the line and open/close switchbacks, clean, and other random stuff. in my opinion it's well worth the 12 extra employees they would have to have in the park.

I'd get A LOT more signs in the park (as if they don't already have enough for most people). At the front of every coaster theres a digital thing (like in the emergency drain) that says how long the line is. Also at Ragin' Cajun (by the way they had harder brakes today, it came to a complete stop before spinning) i'd have a sign at the entrance like Superstition Mountain type sign that says "Ragin' Cajun is a bone ratting ride!"

While they have been very, very good with this lately i'd start more rides off with maximum capacity. Bull has been starting with three trains every day for awhile now, but still. The problem is with something like Whizzer where it rarely opens on time (the block checks on it are normally done at like 9:45 and the ops still havnt even started their am's by park opening), get that all worked out and start it with 3 trains (it's at the front of the park, and it always has a long line early in the day). Especially with the significant increase in family attendance this year Whizzer HAS to start with 3 trains on busy days.

For the handicap system i'd paint a yellow line on the exit ramps, maybe put a rail and load them once every 4 or so trains. Let a little line form, that's fine.

I would get better AC in the Storm Drain Access tunnell and some better central AC in the batcave Batcave. They have it now but you can't feel it unless your standing under it. I'd also get a rail in the upper part of there for front row. Have the ride ops wear Gotham City Public Works hats.

On S:UF i'd replace the rails in the straight away with silver top rails, it's rediculous how those painted ones get as the wear away (they painted them FF last year while they should have replaced them). I'd walk it up at 9:45 through the queue house then the rest walk up at 10 like they did the second half of last season. The reason they don't like doing that is because when the people see the ride going overhead they get mad, or if it goes down while your already walked up people get mad. But it's worth the fraction of risk.

Paint Ice Mountain Splash, what?, YANKEE CLIPPER blue track with grey supports like Logger is at Paramount, and paint Logger brown track with grey supports. Re-name Splashwater Falls to Ice Mountain Splash.

Paint Iron Wolf light blue, silver running rails, black supports. Paint the queue rails light blue. Some other work to be done on it like new trains (which wouldn't surprise me if they get them for next season). In the staircase get a line for front row.

And of course the usual American Eagle total rehab we've all been wanting for a long time. It's great that they painted the station (anyone else noticed they painted Demons station and plc room last week? Wheres the love for Demon?, you make it like its the end of the world when Eagles stations painted ). Well anyway, I don't care how much work was done to keep it running smooth, i'd give it a FULL rehab. Entire ride retracked, painted, the retarted dead ends in the line fixed. Also a full rehab on the trains and get them looking like new and paint a stripe on the third blue train. Eagle's a great classic ride and it deserves to be running like new again. Also dispatch Blue a second erlier than Red so they're looking back at Red on the lift and the race would be a lot more fair.

Also at Demon, get a roof over the queue house and the rest of the straight away. Paint the black trains shells light purple with a black stripe (I hate how black train looks on the black track). Also cover the full station and transfer tracks. I hate how they let my trains get weather beaten like that.

At Vu i'd get signage on the airgates saying to please move across and fill all the seats, there are 2 seats per row. Once seated buckle ONLY the orange safety belt leaving the green harness in the air. Also i'd have a grouper at ALL TIMES. It's unnaceptable to have people stand in the middle of a huge bottleneck moving 2 steps every 5 or so minutes.

At Whizzer i'd paint the ceiling of the queue house (which is the station), they painted the walls of it this year so thats good they just need the ceiling painted it's all rusty. Also i'd paint Whizzer the same colors it is, it looks great with the old worn look, but with the new bright look GAm has this year it needs to look presentable (looks nice, but just old now).

At Viper i'd cover more of the straight away, I love those covers! Also i'd get some switchbacks in the station until right before the chutes. They really need them in there, it gets bad.

I'd take FastLane off Giant Drop and use all the chutes again, it's so much esier people just follow the yellow line to their cars and load on.

More scenery in the Stargate part of Carousel Plaza, a lot of trees and flowers to replace the pavement. Also landscaping around Winners Circle. Get 3D glasses for Stargate, it's a good film but it definitly needs something. Also have themed uniforms for Stargate, and have them go back to wardrobe and change when they are going to a different ride.

Also branch off of the SF website, still have the link in a pick a park section of SF.com but then a completely different website. Something like SFGA.com. Have it easy to navigate and nice to look at.

-Bradley 'there more important things than new coasters right now' Papas.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Virtua Tennis on July 25th, 2004, 1:10 pm
Little stuff, yeah right!!!! People complain at me because I want to change soooo many things. You couldn't answer in the If You Were To... topic. You brought this old topic up so you could rephrase your statement.

What I did was pretty much point out everything wrong with the park and gave it a solution. I don't care about new coasters, what I posted is clearly what should be done in my opinion.
Virtua Tennis

Postby DejaVu The Ride on July 25th, 2004, 1:26 pm
VirtuaTennis didn't take out the 2(ok 3) largest coasters in the park, IlovtheVu. That would be a drastic change.
DejaVu The Ride

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 25th, 2004, 1:42 pm
Wow, they are sooooo large. Just because they are big, they are automatically great???? I guess my two hated coasters in the park are Am E and Am E. It kind of sounds like I said the same thing twice, doesn't it? No, I forgot, Am E is a completely different ride than Am E.

I think we should take an American rollercoaster out and put a better one. Wait a minute, we can't put a completely different rollercoaster in because they are stuck together.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Virtua Tennis on July 25th, 2004, 1:45 pm
Okay they should take out Eagle because you don't like it, even though every body that not only posts on these forums, including you goes on it and it's still a crowd pleaser (especially now that it races forward/backward) and also a classic ride. The red side in front row is also my #1 wood coaster.

Even if you own a park it would be stupid to take out a ride that you hate and most people think is awesome, if that were the case I would have written "take out V2" all over my post.
Virtua Tennis

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 25th, 2004, 2:02 pm
I'm forced to go on it with my brother. He wants to go on it sooo bad everytime we go. I hate Am E and he hates D Vu. It too rough for him on D Vu. He says, "I hate it when my head goes back and forth in the cobra roll." He also avoids IW at all costs. He likes Am E because it's a pretty weak ride. If anyone thinks Am E is rough, you should try to get to SFStL and SFOG.

I just don't understand why you didn't answer in If You Were To... and brought up a rehashed old topic. I brought up a old C.A.D. topic in which someone had asked for (whether it was crowded or not which had many responses) in there new topic about C.A.D. Benounced to me, people were writing in both. Why not go with the new one? Now, I will just pick some quotes from old topics, so that won't happen again.
Ilovthevu'

Postby Virtua Tennis on July 25th, 2004, 2:04 pm
I did answer in your topic but apparently your topic was unnaceptable to some standard and got deleted ;).
Virtua Tennis

Postby DejaVu The Ride on July 25th, 2004, 2:24 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:Wow, they are sooooo large. Just because they are big, they are automatically great???? I guess my two hated coasters in the park are Am E and Am E. It kind of sounds like I said the same thing twice, doesn't it? No, I forgot, Am E is a completely different ride than Am E.

I think we should take an American rollercoaster out and put a better one. Wait a minute, we can't put a completely different rollercoaster in because they are stuck together.

Actually, you put words in my mouth. I never said they are "sooooo large" or "great". I said that they are the largest rides in the park.
Also, American Eagle is 2 coasters, as the park claims. The are not stuck together and they do have slightly different layouts.
DejaVu The Ride

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum