Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

If you Owned SFGAm!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on January 23rd, 2003, 7:32 pm
I have thought about how cool it would be to own SFGAm, and I'm sure alot of you guys have too :wink: So if you magicly were handed over the park what would you do with it? I would probably make a new Super Hero themed area where S:UF is going and move B:TR and Space Shutle America over there and Power Dive as well. Then I would have the Go Karts removed and rip up some major Parking Lot and reinstall Shock Wave! What would you do?
Nothing to see here....
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby coasterguy on January 23rd, 2003, 8:51 pm
Why?!?!? Why put shockwave back. Why wouldn't you want a newer faster more thrilling ride then shockwave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby goldmember on January 23rd, 2003, 9:08 pm
I have had it with you morons. Shockwave *was a bad ride* and now when we are finally getting a good ride all you people do is whine and cry about it. I am glad the damn thing is gone. We are finally getting a world class coaster. You people *have the right to your own opinions*.*Edited by Moderator*
My Top 5: 1)TTD, 2)Millennium Force, 3)Raptor, 4)Deja Vu, 5)Raging Bull
goldmember

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on January 23rd, 2003, 9:33 pm
Wow Gold Member did you forget to take your ritalin today? I was unaware that a Roller Coaster could have a sexual preference! I wouldn't be calling anyone else a moron if I were you. I know Shock Wave isn't coming back, heck Im glad S:UF is replacing it. Im just saying what I would do if I owned the park. COaster Guy I do agree with you, It would be a good Idea to get a new coaster like a 4d or an intamin looper or something. But I'd just try and find room for that else where in the park :)
Last edited by SFGAMNUT9302 on January 23rd, 2003, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby goldmember on January 23rd, 2003, 9:35 pm
Sorry, my medication ran out :) . It was just an expression. I am just sick of people whining about the past. Thats all.
Last edited by goldmember on January 23rd, 2003, 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
goldmember

Postby coasterzak on January 23rd, 2003, 9:43 pm
No need to get hostile! I would keep everything the way it is because I really like the park how it is. I would buy more land and eventually install a giga coaster or Intamin rocket coaster. Something record breaking would be going in soon. I definitely wouldn't allow another clone to enter the park, it would be original.
coasterzak

Postby greatamerica2003 on January 23rd, 2003, 9:57 pm
I'm a nostagic type of person. I'd wouldn't change any more of the park than it is now (in terms of theming) I'd probably jack it up a notch. Maybe re-create some of the themeing that was lost. Remember this is Six Flags Great AMERICA. I don't think a DC Comics Plaza would fit good. But a new themed area (like a Gotham City or Metropolis) area would work, given the close proximity to a urban area, that and more and more of the U.S. is becoming urbanized (god I sound like a city planner)Little touches also make the difference. I would put in a real steam locomotive rather than the diesel look-alikes. More trees and flowers, better music, and better shows.World class coasters and rides would abound. I'd find a way to fit them in without screwing with the park too much. It's inevitable that some rides would have to come out.And how about this? Winter Operation. Yep, I said it! Kings Island did this in the past. Just use Carousel Plaza and Hometown Square. Tell me how cool it would be to walk through HT Square all decorated for the holidays with a light snow falling?! Limited attractions like Space Shuttle America, maybe some flats, Sky Trek Tower, arcades, some games, and of course the stores would be open for Holiday Shopping. Food outlets selling hot cocoa and warm funnel cakes. You could have holiday themed shows in the Picto and Grand Music Hall. The Scenic Railway could be open after dusk for a holiday light show along the tracks.You could even have ice skating on the reflecting pool in front of Columbia.
YOU ARE A FAILURE AT LIFE!
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on January 23rd, 2003, 9:59 pm
I agree Coasterzak, I love V2 and Deja Vu and ill probably love S:UF. But I would probably install a new custom ride. I would install A TTD ride by AE like ChiTown mentioned. What I really would like to do though is rip up the whole parking lot (Except for the little overflow lot) and fill it up with brand new rides, and only allow Coaster Enthusiasts to enter the park. No GP Allowed :D But I would have to have alot of $ to do that.
Nothing to see here....
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on January 23rd, 2003, 10:01 pm
Great Idea GreatAmerica2003! That would be awesome skating on that pond :)
Last edited by SFGAMNUT9302 on January 23rd, 2003, 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing to see here....
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby CoasterDave316 on January 23rd, 2003, 10:08 pm
Goldmember, there is no need to complain about people wanting Shockwave back. I agree with you that when Shockwave was here nobody liked it, but now that its gone everybody wants it back. Some people don't realize how much they will miss something until it gone.It's gone, its not coming back and everyone will have more fun flying over its spot next year. I have a feeling once everyone rides Superman: Ultimate Flight, all these posts about wanting Shockwave back will go away.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby T_Biggs on January 23rd, 2003, 10:22 pm
CoasterDude316 wrote:but now that its gone everybody wants it back.
Don't be speaking for me, I don't want it back, and last time I checked, I was a part of this "everybody" group. Goldmember is right, most people hated it, now many of them, and most of the people who did like it, want it back. It's not those people's fault, it's just the way humanitiy is... stupid, uncertain of everything, and unpredictable. :lol:
T_Biggs

Postby goldmember on January 23rd, 2003, 10:26 pm
Thanks for understanding guys. I'm sorry that i got a little out of hand.
goldmember

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on January 23rd, 2003, 10:34 pm
Gold Member no one is whining about anything here, you got all upset because I dared to say in one of my posts said that If I owned the park I would bring back SW. So what, why do you care so much about what others say? I know SW won't return and I would rather have S:UF, Im just saying that I would put it back up if I owned the park. I know people disliked SW, I respect that decision. GoldMember if you didn't like SW I'm fine with that, But please respect the people who did like it. Dude it's cool, so what would you do if you owned the park :)
Last edited by SFGAMNUT9302 on January 23rd, 2003, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing to see here....
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby goldmember on January 23rd, 2003, 10:37 pm
Thats your opinion. I would rather have a new coaster like a 4D or a giga coaster rather than a ride that has already been there.
goldmember

Postby coastrcorey on January 24th, 2003, 6:14 pm
WOW! What's going on here??? There is like a war or something!
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on January 25th, 2003, 6:23 pm
Everyone just needs to move on and look to new better coasters on the market now. I'm telling you, they need something record breaking!
coasterzak

Postby coasterdude12 on June 3rd, 2004, 3:21 pm
If I owned great America I would bring back all of our old rides, Put in some new ones also.

There would be 4 new territories
Gotham City (with Batman rides)
Superman Land ( with Superman rides )
Shockwave Memorial ( a section devoted TOTALLY to shockwave)
Plymouth Place (to give it a REAL territory)
coasterdude12

Postby rct2wizard360 on June 3rd, 2004, 3:32 pm
If I owned SFGAm heres what would happen:

-Get more theming for all the areas, with the exception of Mardi Gras
-Make AE smoother
-Take out the go-karts to make way for an entrance to a newly themed city area. With streets as pathways, a 4d under the name of Skyline, and a humongous Intamin Rocket with 6 inversions at 300' tall called, Fearfull Fall.
-Give SUF alot more theming
- Iron Wolf will have more forest like theming with a working flaming boiler in the queue.
- Put more DDR machines in the park
- Finally, enclose the hill which the Shockwave parts are on and make a little Shockwave museum.
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Postby Danhockey04 on June 3rd, 2004, 6:44 pm
-I would add a new coaster (4-d or a Giga) between Viper and The Whizzer and extend it into the bus lot.
-I too would add more DDR machines in the park
-I would lower food prices
-I would also get rid of Shockwave all together (so no one talks about it anymore), but if no one wants it, it will have to burn :(
-Eliminate (turn off) the brakes before the helix on AE
-Then everything else would be the same
Universal Orlando Mechanical Engineer
Marathon down, Goofy to go.
Danhockey04

Postby DejaVu The Ride on June 3rd, 2004, 7:32 pm
[quote="rct2wizard360"]

- Iron Wolf will have more forest like theming with a working flaming boiler in the queue.
[quote]

Now that would be neat!
DejaVu The Ride

Postby Timmy179 on June 3rd, 2004, 8:14 pm
If I owned Sfgam, I wouldnt listen to you guys
Around the world and back
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby rct2wizard360 on June 3rd, 2004, 10:31 pm
Good point. :roll:
rct2wizard360

Postby Chitown on June 3rd, 2004, 10:35 pm
Timmy179 wrote:If I owned Sfgam, I wouldnt listen to you guys

What are you talking about? Don't you know that coaster enthusiasts have the business savvy and know how to operate a park successfully? :roll:
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby rct2wizard360 on June 3rd, 2004, 11:00 pm
Once again..another good point. In fact..a better point. :lol:
rct2wizard360

Postby Timmy179 on June 3rd, 2004, 11:35 pm
::Cough:: sarcasm::Cough::

Because we all know, all the public wants is a "memorial" for a roller coaster that alot of people disliked.
Around the world and back
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum