Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Favorite Flat?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SfgamFreak03 on March 9th, 2003, 11:21 pm
HUH thats really safe and smart.... That is the reason that most people get hurt on rides these days. Its not normally the ride, or op its the persons stupidity that does it . If you wanna be stupid and get flung from the ride do it... Its not going to hurt me any. Oh By the way Welcome to the forums!!!!
Last edited by SfgamFreak03 on March 9th, 2003, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have another TAB fatty!
SfgamFreak03

Postby Timmy179 on March 9th, 2003, 11:25 pm
geez man lay off, its his first post. Way to welcome someone into sfgam world .
Around the world and back
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby T_Biggs on March 10th, 2003, 3:57 pm
I just got stand up time myself, I got up from my chair, stood, then walked up here. :lol: Stand up time is so overrated. It's just work for your legs. :P
T_Biggs

Postby CoasterMan629 on March 10th, 2003, 4:37 pm
I like Ricochet.My least favorites are Giant Drop and Fiddler's Fling.
It's not how high or how fast you build the roller coaster it's how smooth you build it!
CoasterMan629

Postby greatamerica2003 on March 10th, 2003, 4:43 pm
Ahhh Ricochet. Formerly the "Big Top" ride right next to the Eagle Arena. On the pad whre Dare Devil Dive is now.
YOU ARE A FAILURE AT LIFE!
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby linebacker131 on March 10th, 2003, 5:18 pm
1 of the best tinga about ride are u get to sit down after walking around and standing in line for ever it feels good to sit down once in awile y would u want to stand
linebacker131

Postby coasterzak on March 10th, 2003, 5:44 pm
Kind of like the opposite of Iron Wolf. I wait in line for 45 mins and instead of getting to sit down, I have to stand for the ride. I guess I'm just too picky, but it's nice to see there are others that appreciate sitting down.
coasterzak

Postby coasterguy on March 10th, 2003, 6:38 pm
i know i appreciate sitting becuase 12 hours at the park is very tough on my feet!
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby coastrcorey on March 10th, 2003, 7:24 pm
45 minutes for Iron Wolf! Ha! Wow, longest I waited for that last season was like, ohhh 15 minutes at the most... lol Sorry I had to brag a little ;)!
coastrcorey

Postby CoasterMan629 on March 11th, 2003, 11:27 am
greatamerica2003 wrote:Ahhh Ricochet. Formerly the "Big Top" ride right next to the Eagle Arena. On the pad whre Dare Devil Dive is now.
Wow, I never knew that. I couldnt remember what was there. Thanks! :D
It's not how high or how fast you build the roller coaster it's how smooth you build it!
CoasterMan629

Postby peanut butter on March 11th, 2003, 11:16 pm
sfgamFreak03, calm down man. needless to say, your rude welcoming was quite uncalled for. :( In order to get hurt on a ride like that you would have to intend to jump out. I am more experienced than to go and do a "stupid" thing like that. what I meant was sitting in the back row it is fun to "stand", aka letting go and taking your butt off the seat. it is impossible to stand up. I think river rocker is one of the safest and most enjoyable flats in the park.To reply again to the topic, Triple Play, although not looking like that much, is also quite fun :wink:
peanut~butter
peanut butter

Postby raging badger on March 12th, 2003, 5:13 pm
Giant Drop is in a class all by itself, in my opinion. I doesn't spin you around like the more traditional flat rides. As far as flats go, I've always liked Condor and Triple Play. Most of the time I only ride on coaster; I'll ride on some flats if I'm with some younger kids.
raging badger

Postby coastrcorey on March 12th, 2003, 10:53 pm
That's true... Giant Drop would be considered a tower ride I suppose.
coastrcorey

Postby CoasterMan629 on March 13th, 2003, 8:14 pm
The one and only reason I really dislike Giant Drop is this one reason:FALLING!I hate the feeling, I would NEVER sky dive or any thing like that, but I have bungy jumped :wink: in Las Vegas. It wasnt as scary as I thought it would have been, but very thilling. No on the other hand I do ride Giant Drop when I have friends with me, BUT if Im alone, you wont be seeing me near the queue of that ride! :lol:
CoasterMan629

Postby CoasterDude04 on March 13th, 2003, 8:22 pm
The only reason I don't like Giant Drop is because it allways has a long wait. I'm not going to wait 30 min - 1hour or more for a 10 second ride. If there is no line, then I will ride it. I love the rush, but it's not worth waiting.
"4 seats are better than 2"- CoasterDude04
CoasterDude04

Postby SfGaMownz on March 13th, 2003, 8:36 pm
Gaint Drop isn't any more then a 15 min wait nowadays, so don't worry about waiting 30 mins to an hour anymore.
SfGaMownz

Postby coastrcorey on March 13th, 2003, 8:38 pm
I remember when it opened waiting forever to ride it! That queue path is sooooo loooong!
coastrcorey

Postby Coaster_Chick on March 14th, 2003, 12:07 pm
My favorite flat would have to be River Rocker, because like someone already said, they like to "stand up" on it, which is more getting lifted out of your seat, but still. it's fun and it'll cool you down on a hot day. And Condor, Orbit, and Triple Play are awesome too. Oh, and Ricochet and Trailblazer. I don't know, they're all fun.
~Theresa~
*Undercover Line Jumper Ejector*
Trips in '05: 2 Next up: May 8
The Posse
Coaster_Chick

Postby CoasterMan629 on March 14th, 2003, 7:57 pm
River Rocker, no way, makes my stomach qezzzy! :shock:, lol.
CoasterMan629

Postby coasterzak on March 15th, 2003, 2:07 pm
Corey, OMG, that line is just insane. We had to walk all the way through it to get on to the ride when no one was there. It was the biggest pain in the neck because it went back and forth so many times and we had to go with it because there was a ride op in the line and threw some people out that went underneath the bar, even though no one was on the ride.
coasterzak

Postby CoasterMan629 on March 15th, 2003, 4:38 pm
*sarcasim on*Whoa, I have a great secret for all of you that hate waiting in lines. Its been out for quite some time, its called 'Fastlane'!*sarcasim off*Just playing, lol! :lol:
CoasterMan629

Postby Timmy179 on March 15th, 2003, 10:11 pm
is it just me or if they got rid of giant drop , theres alot of land back there for them to do something
Around the world and back
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby coasterzak on March 15th, 2003, 11:12 pm
I'm sure they could put in 2 flats if they really wanted to with decent lines, or even another V2, possibly they could fit something of Deja Vu in size in there... it's a tough call.
coasterzak

Postby T_Biggs on March 16th, 2003, 7:39 pm
It's just you Timmy. If they got rid of giant drop, they'd have queue area for a new ride, and a small plot of land for a flat... or a tower ride! Therefore, they wouldn't get much more room. Even if there is a road they could build over, I doubt they would. They seem to think access roads and the main park corridor behind Batman are so valuable no ride can go near them. :lol:
T_Biggs

Postby SFGAMkid on March 16th, 2003, 9:13 pm
I have/had two favorites:1. The Haybayler (sp.?) This was a fast paced forwards and backwards ride that gave you 1-3 seconds of air time when it whipped you around the corners. I believe they got rid of it because it was a maintinance problem and it was always closed or broke down. :cry:2. Now, I kind of like Trailblaizer. It may be slow but it gives you a pretty good air time as it whips you up and over each time. It's not too bad for a flat. :D
SFGAMkid

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum