Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby sfgamnthemoon on March 29th, 2023, 12:56 pm
sfgamnthemoon wrote:2 new permits just appeared on the Gurnee permit ARCGIS map:

- Exterior bar addition to Chubasco's Mission building
- Antoine's Ice Cream in Orleans Place gets an interior remodel

Just re-read and found that the bar was already mentioned, so not really "new".
sfgamnthemoon

Postby Agent on March 29th, 2023, 6:46 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
Agent wrote:On top of the above:
  • Nightly parades will be back.
  • Trudy's Sweet Shoppe in Hometown Square is getting redone and renamed 'Coaster Candy' (RIP Marriott-era remnant of the Opera House Sweet Shoppe) which has apparently worked well in other parks.

Good to see we keep neutering our park's history. The "remodel" of Carousel Gifts for Maxx Force to me was a total miss and I hate what it has become.

Definitely heartbreaking, the mismatch and neglect in theming makes our park look tacky and falling apart. The park definitely had the potential to be the Midwest's Disneyland but Six Flags keep homogenizing our park. At least we're not like California's Great America. Paramount absolutely neutered everything, it's surprising the Carousel didn't get bulldozed.

staticshadows wrote:Buccaneer Battle and Dare Devil Dive are missing from the rides list.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/things-to-do/all-rides

And nothing of value was lost. It's the curse of Sky Whirl, every ride that has gone in its place has been a maintenance nightmare. RIP Deja Vu and now Buccaneer Battle. In all seriousness though, I can still access the page for Buccaneer Battle if I search for it in Google so maybe it's temporary. If not then oh well. Here's hoping that whatever goes in its place is a cool new ride.
Agent

Postby Coaster Justin on March 29th, 2023, 6:46 pm
Wow, We can't even get a repaint on anything?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 29th, 2023, 7:12 pm
Agent wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:
Agent wrote:On top of the above:

And nothing of value was lost. It's the curse of Sky Whirl, every ride that has gone in its place has been a maintenance nightmare. RIP Deja Vu and now Buccaneer Battle. In all seriousness though, I can still access the page for Buccaneer Battle if I search for it in Google so maybe it's temporary. If not then oh well. Here's hoping that whatever goes in its place is a cool new ride.

ANYTHING is better than Suckaneer Battle! Would be awesome if we get a screaming swing or giant discovery! They really need to take away Revo-Loser while they're at it also! That ride is horrible and a waste of space.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Agent on March 29th, 2023, 7:15 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:Wow, We can't even get a repaint on anything?

Unless they nuke another section of the park like they did when they turned Yankee Harbor into DC Universe then no. Who else is ready for Orleans Place to be turned into Gotham City? Or Southwest Territory into Metropolis? Only time we'll probably see a full scale repaint of those sections.
Agent

Postby sfgamnthemoon on March 29th, 2023, 7:15 pm
Wonder if they’re actively demolishing Buccaneer Battle as we speak or they’re just keeping it behind a fence for the season (like the past 2 seasons or so)
sfgamnthemoon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 29th, 2023, 7:16 pm
Agent wrote:

Unless they nuke another section of the park like they did when they turned Yankee Harbor into DC Universe then no. Who else is ready for Orleans Place to be turned into Gotham City? Or Southwest Territory into Metropolis? Only time we'll probably see a full scale repaint of those sections.

I agree with you and others that they are killing the park with all the homogenizing of it. It's losing its uniqueness sadly! Hopefully SW Territory and County Fair are never renamed or rethemed

CoasterRiderSC

Postby sfgamnthemoon on March 29th, 2023, 7:18 pm
I saw DC Universe from a mile away but if they re-theme anymore areas I will be pissed like they better not touch SWT or Hometown Square !!
sfgamnthemoon

Postby Agent on March 29th, 2023, 7:28 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Agent wrote:

I agree with you and others that they are killing the park with all the homogenizing of it. It's losing its uniqueness sadly! Hopefully SW Territory and County Fair are never renamed or rethemed

Losing any part of the park would suck. So many sections have been extremely watered down that they feel out of place. Yukon Territory is basically on life support. The only thing which even remotely resembles the Canadian Yukon is Loggers Run (which, fun fact, actually has authentic Canadian trees from the Yukon region planted around it). I wouldn't be surprised if Yukon Territory gets axed next which is sad as looking at old photos, the place used to be beautiful with a lively atmosphere and great views in the old back porch area.

sfgamnthemoon wrote:I saw DC Universe from a mile away

Yep. Once Batman: The Ride replaced The Tidal Wave in Yankee Harbor, it's days were counted. The nail in the coffin was Joker being added. Honestly surprised they didn't retheme it earlier.
Agent

Postby Agent on April 2nd, 2023, 12:46 am
...and the pages for Buccaneer Battle and Dare Devil Dive were finally deleted. They return a "Not found" error now and the direct links to them have disappeared from Google so it's basically a given. RIP Buccaneer Battle and Dare Devil Dive.
Agent

Postby sfgamnthemoon on April 2nd, 2023, 8:27 am
According to Screamscape (via Theme Park Tourist), a new replacement ride is planned to open in 2024. They expected the ride to be demolished in 6-18 months since August 8, 2022.

Thoughts?

https://www.themeparktourist.com/news/2 ... at-america
sfgamnthemoon

Postby Coaster Justin on April 3rd, 2023, 9:53 am
I hope not for a CRaptor due to terrible capacity

Coaster Justin

Postby Goku1910 on April 3rd, 2023, 10:23 am
Coaster Justin wrote:I hope not for a CRaptor due to terrible capacity

I'm much inclined to agree with you, but it beats Buccaneer Battle's capacity by a long shot and what else would fit there? Giant Discovery maybe?
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 3rd, 2023, 8:17 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:I hope not for a CRaptor due to terrible capacity

Agreed!! We already have low capacity rides in Joker, Maxx Force and Goliath . Love the name you gave it!!

But Goku does bring up a great point! Pretty much ANYTHING we get is better than Suckaneer Battle! Hopefully our new park president plans strategically and wisely on the new ride.

I'd actually be thrilled if we got a screaming swing after riding one at Cedar. Super fun ride and tons of airtime!
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on April 3rd, 2023, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 3rd, 2023, 8:20 pm
sfgamnthemoon wrote:According to Screamscape (via Theme Park Tourist), a new replacement ride is planned to open in 2024. They expected the ride to be demolished in 6-18 months since August 8, 2022.

Thoughts?

The article says "Popular water ride to be removed". WHEN exactly was this ride ever popular?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on April 4th, 2023, 9:33 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
sfgamnthemoon wrote:According to Screamscape (via Theme Park Tourist), a new replacement ride is planned to open in 2024. They expected the ride to be demolished in 6-18 months since August 8, 2022.

Thoughts?

The article says "Popular water ride to be removed". WHEN exactly was this ride ever popular?

When Hurricane Harbor is crowded and all the water rides have hour waits?

Coaster Justin

Postby sfgamnthemoon on April 5th, 2023, 6:07 pm
New map:
Attachments
2023-SFGAm-PMG-web-2048x1076.jpg
sfgamnthemoon

Postby LuigiU2 on April 6th, 2023, 8:53 am
sfgamnthemoon wrote:New map:

Epic, thanks for sharing!
LuigiU2

Postby HCF on April 6th, 2023, 1:46 pm

Thoughts?

>Screamscape
Don't even need to read the rest to know that whatever they said is not happening.
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

Postby Goku1910 on April 6th, 2023, 1:54 pm
HCF wrote:

Thoughts?

>Screamscape
Don't even need to read the rest to know that whatever they said is not happening.

I mean.... It's pretty obvious that Buccaneer Battle is dead and it's most likely due to a planned replacement.

Screamscape didn't provide anything specific so we can't really say they are 100% wrong.
Goku1910

Postby HCF on April 6th, 2023, 2:41 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
HCF wrote:

Thoughts?

>Screamscape

I mean.... It's pretty obvious that Buccaneer Battle is dead and it's most likely due to a planned replacement.

Screamscape didn't provide anything specific so we can't really say they are 100% wrong.

Buccaneer battle has been long rumored to be removed and the map confirms it along with DDD, screamscape has just been wrong so many times I don't ever even think to look at them for sources.
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 6th, 2023, 7:52 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

Thoughts?

When Hurricane Harbor is crowded and all the water rides have hour waits?

I was being serious! I rode Suckaneer Battle 2-3x and the line was like 15 minutes!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CarouselEnthusiast on April 7th, 2023, 8:54 am
sfgamnthemoon wrote:New map:

Thanks for sharing this!
CarouselEnthusiast

Postby CarouselEnthusiast on April 7th, 2023, 9:47 am
From SFGAm's facebook
Get ready... We've been waiting for this one! Some of the ALL NEW food menu items this season include:
NEW DOLE SOFT-SERVE Flavors & Flavored Cones
Bubble Tea Drinks
Steak, Chicken, Brisket or Veggie Loaded Nachos
Chicken & Waffles (coming in June)
CarouselEnthusiast

Postby sfgamnthemoon on April 7th, 2023, 9:48 am
CarouselEnthusiast wrote:From SFGAm's facebook
Get ready... We've been waiting for this one! Some of the ALL NEW food menu items this season include:
NEW DOLE SOFT-SERVE Flavors & Flavored Cones
Bubble Tea Drinks
Steak, Chicken, Brisket or Veggie Loaded Nachos
Chicken & Waffles (coming in June)

The bubble tea actually looks good... at least I can try it at the low price of $8!
sfgamnthemoon

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum