Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby ProfessorPiggos on July 10th, 2022, 8:12 pm
Jodon wrote:raging Rapids also had a sign at the entrance saying "Coming Soon." Not sure if that sign had been up before and it was places in front of the sign that had been there all season so far.

I'm not sure if I've seen that there before, but I saw maintenance happening on the ride on the 3rd and 5th, one of the times they had a truck with what seemed to be a large hose on it. I have a feeling the ride will be opening soon, probably by the end of the month.
ProfessorPiggos

Postby Coaster Justin on July 12th, 2022, 6:57 pm
On the 10th, I saw workers on the beginning part pre-waterfall and the station
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby coasterfanatic on July 13th, 2022, 7:23 pm
The Coming Soon sign is new on Roaring Rapids. The plan is to get it open. They are still working on it.

Loggers is now open 12-7 daily. They scrambled to get it open because Aquaman is closed for the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby Jodon on July 26th, 2022, 2:03 pm
Apparently SFGAm is having an after-dark food and ride event from the 28th-30th in Hometown Square. I think it's a fine idea and don't mind the $40 upcharge, but how are they only giving guests a 2-4 day heads-up???

That seems like really poor planning and bad management/PR. Why not try to promote the event for more than a few days?

https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/e ... after-dark

Jodon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 26th, 2022, 5:19 pm
^ I think the idea is a really good one! But you have only 3 hours to use up at least 12 food credits : Members get 4 bonus credits and pass holders 2 bonus credits.

Even if you were to buy 3 entrees to use up 12 credits, 3 hours is too short to consume all that food!

I think they should lower the price to maybe 24.99 or 29.99 and give out 10 credits.

Also, does anyone know how to redeem the Bring Friend for 29.99 offer?? It doesn't show up in the portal for me. I'm a gold pass holder (only IL parks).
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 27th, 2022, 3:13 pm
UPDATE: I just called Great America and the customer service rep said if the Bring a Friend for 29.99 doesn't show up in the portal for me, I can buy the ticket at Guest Relations (booth on the right as you're facing the park) . I just need to show my pass and an ID.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby ilrider on August 14th, 2022, 8:44 pm
Shooting at the park tonight, sounds like multiple possible victims. At least 5 ambulances requested. Unreal.
ilrider

Postby coasterfanatic on August 15th, 2022, 12:47 am
3 were injured. All non life threatening and only 2 went to hospital. It happened in the parking lot and Lake County Sheriff said it was not an active shooter incident.

Final details aren’t yet know but sounds like the shooter wasn’t even at the park, just drove into parking lot. Shot at 3 people and left.

coasterfanatic

Postby wablada on September 5th, 2022, 10:58 am
Things I have noticed on my last visit, that I am pretty sure I didn't see before.
1. There is now a Batman light on the Dark Knight Coaster building at night.
2. Demon has multiple "eyes" and 1 big demon eyes inside the tunnel that lights up now, there is also smoke inside the tunnel.
3. Giant Drop queue has sound effects as well as on top of the tower. Mining sounds, birds flying over and etc.
4. Batman queue also got fixed up a bit I think, the drain pathway has new metal platform, and I think the police car got effects fixed.
5. The dark knight coaster seems like it had more things turned on.

Still need to be fixed:
1. Battle for Metropolis, bring back glasses, and the main huge screen if off/broken.
2. Turn back on X flight effects. Water mist, and jumping waters along the pond.
3. I would also bring bac the preshow for Dark Knight, it was managing the wait times better, and it was nice to see a pre show in my opnion.
wablada

Postby momlovescoasters on September 20th, 2022, 8:44 am
Did anyone go to Fright Fest last weekend? If so how was your visit?
Last edited by momlovescoasters on September 20th, 2022, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
momlovescoasters

Postby Fil37zRt on September 21st, 2022, 7:18 am
I was able to go for opening day Saturday and it turned out to be an excellent day! Because it's Fright Fest I expected the park to be packed but the back parking was barely used. Got to the park at opening and got on all coasters by 5:30pm. No wait was longer than 30 mins except for Maxx Force which was about1.5 hours around 12:30pm. Made it to 4 of 6 of the mazes all of which provided some decent scares, people just need to move a little quicker as my groups would always end up bumping into others in front.
Fil37zRt

Postby Coaster Justin on September 21st, 2022, 12:37 pm
wablada wrote:Things I have noticed on my last visit, that I am pretty sure I didn't see before.
1. There is now a Batman light on the Dark Knight Coaster building at night.
2. Demon has multiple "eyes" and 1 big demon eyes inside the tunnel that lights up now, there is also smoke inside the tunnel.
3. Giant Drop queue has sound effects as well as on top of the tower. Mining sounds, birds flying over and etc.
4. Batman queue also got fixed up a bit I think, the drain pathway has new metal platform, and I think the police car got effects fixed.
5. The dark knight coaster seems like it had more things turned on.

Still need to be fixed:
1. Battle for Metropolis, bring back glasses, and the main huge screen if off/broken.
2. Turn back on X flight effects. Water mist, and jumping waters along the pond.
3. I would also bring bac the preshow for Dark Knight, it was managing the wait times better, and it was nice to see a pre show in my opnion.

I'd rather they just upgrade Justice League to 4K

Coaster Justin

Postby DejaVu2001 on October 6th, 2022, 4:41 pm
Six Flags Great America (along with all other SF Parks) has implemented a new bag policy

For the duration of Fright Fest, Six Flags has implemented enhanced public safety measures, including x-ray screening of all bags and limiting bag size. Bags, including backpacks and purses, must be no larger than 12″x 12″ x 6″ to enter the park. Exceptions will be made for bags carried for medical reasons and diaper bags that accompany infants and young children.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/p ... k-policies
DejaVu2001

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 6th, 2022, 9:51 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:Six Flags Great America (along with all other SF Parks) has implemented a new bag policy

For the duration of Fright Fest, Six Flags has implemented enhanced public safety measures, including x-ray screening of all bags and limiting bag size. Bags, including backpacks and purses, must be no larger than 12″x 12″ x 6″ to enter the park. Exceptions will be made for bags carried for medical reasons and diaper bags that accompany infants and young children.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/p ... k-policies

DejaVu - Thanks for that information!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby batmanfan80 on October 7th, 2022, 11:22 pm
Now that I finally got back to our state, I want to get a pass and head over there.

So, doesn't sound like the hordes have shown up yet. The new CEO is definitely a lot more sensible. He's implemented pricing ideas I have been wanting for the last decade. I'm a little hesitant to buy for FF, but the posts here about it are a bit encouraging. Haven't been able to go since 2013 due to the hordes that showed up
after Goliath and increased use of smart phones in 2014.
batmanfan80

Postby sfgamnthemoon on October 8th, 2022, 5:17 am
batmanfan80 wrote:Now that I finally got back to our state, I want to get a pass and head over there.

So, doesn't sound like the hordes have shown up yet. The new CEO is definitely a lot more sensible. He's implemented pricing ideas I have been wanting for the last decade. I'm a little hesitant to buy for FF, but the posts here about it are a bit encouraging. Haven't been able to go since 2013 due to the hordes that showed up
after Goliath and increased use of smart phones in 2014.

Just so you know, the parks keeps switching its pass system rapidly:

• March-August: Annual Pass
• August-September: Annual Membership/Seasonal Pass
• September-present: Season Pass Membership?
sfgamnthemoon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 8th, 2022, 5:00 pm
^^ And with the passes you can make monthly passes OR pay it all up front. I do believe the passes aren't infinite but do have a definite end date and don't auto-renew

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 9th, 2022, 5:26 pm
I purchased 3 of the Platinum passes for $295 total. I did NOT get any of them the food pass. It wasn't really that bad bringing my own food this year and it saved me the aggravation of waiting in those long food lines!

Plus it's $110 for lunch and $150 for 2 meals. I didn't want to spend that for the mediocre food.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby batmanfan80 on October 10th, 2022, 12:01 am
Right now it looks like the same Gold Pass at the same price I got it before. It says unlimited visits from now until September 4, 2023, so no Fright Fest for next year. Suppose I could always upgrade. I'm sure these gas prices are going to go a decent amount higher than we have now. The benefits offered last year seemed better with the higher prices. The new CEO had the right idea about not letting the parks become babysitters for Walmart teenagers, but maybe demand has dropped enough on its own that they didn't need to raise the prices in an attempt to attract the Target crowd as he wished. With any luck maybe I'll get to go a few times this year and it won't be terrible.
batmanfan80

Postby Muck Finnesota on October 30th, 2022, 12:24 am
Anyone know if we have a full coaster lineup for the upcoming November weekends, or are there limited operations?
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Tardis1972 on November 4th, 2022, 9:51 pm
^ According to the App the following rides are closed for the season.
Condor
Demon
Giant Drop
Hometown Fun Machine
Little Dipper
Mardi Gras Hangover
Maxx Force
Rue Le Dodge
Tardis1972

Postby Coaster Justin on November 12th, 2022, 10:19 pm
A Frog could sneeze 5 states away and Maxx Force would break down

Coaster Justin

Postby batmanfan80 on November 13th, 2022, 2:26 am
Everything was a walk up last week. Eagle was closed too.

X-Flight and especially Goliath really took a lot out of me. Whoever said X-Flight is not intense is way off. In the cooler weather it gets moreso. But it's also been maybe 3 and a half years since I've been on these. After those two, Batman and Goliath felt almost forceless. I don't think I'm driving to Gurnee by myself today with so much stuff closed and how badly I remember handling the last cold Fright Fest I went to in probably 2013. I could get there and find out Viper is cold. The cooler temps gave me some slight nausea and vertigo when I've had hundreds of rides on some of these over the last ten years.
batmanfan80

Postby Tardis1972 on November 13th, 2022, 10:47 pm
Well I had a great final day for sure today. No waits at all so that meant front rode riders for every coaster minus Bull of course. Just a shame that Demon, Maxx Force and Viper weren’t open and we had to deal with one train operation for every coaster but Eagle. At the very least Bull should of been running two trains but oh well. In the end with the wait times so short it didn’t really matter I guess. It was nice to ride Revolution for the first time in like 3 years.
Looking forward for next season already.
Does anyone know if the park is planning to do the drive thur event still even though there’s no HITP?
Tardis1972

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 14th, 2022, 10:00 am
^ I'm kind of shocked that Revolution was running on the very last day! Why even bother at that point since it's been down all year? Unless they were "showcasing" it in order to sell it to another park?? (one can only hope)

CoasterRiderSC

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum