Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Great America's Next Coaster

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.

Which coaster would you want to see next?

RMC Single Rail Coater
11%
B&M Dive Coaster
39%
Other roller coaster
50%

Total votes : 18

Postby wablada on June 19th, 2022, 10:47 pm
Seeing Six Flags chain adding big roller coasters again, especially RMC single rail and B&M in game again. Which would you want to see next at SFGAm? I would love to see a B&M Dive coaster in place of go karts themed to Yukon Territory.
wablada

Postby Coaster Justin on June 20th, 2022, 10:01 am
Mack Power Splash?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 20th, 2022, 11:29 am
I definitely do NOT want an RMC Single Rail. We already have several low capacity coasters recently added in Maxx Force, Joker and Goliath (yes, this thing is terrible for RPH).

3 single rail trains hold 24 total riders! That's not even the capacity of ONE of the B&M's we currently have!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on June 22nd, 2022, 10:20 am
I'd honestly want a Zamperla Giant Discovery where Buccaneer Battle is/was

Then a Star Flyer where Revolution is

And turning Camp Cartoon into Bugs Bunny Boomtown

Sorry, wrong topic

Coaster Justin

Postby UnclePennybags on June 23rd, 2022, 1:32 am
I'd like to see Deja Vu return to Great America at its old Buccaneer Battle location, except the tracks should be RMC'ed, the trains should be the boats from Buccaneer Battle, and bystanders should be able to shoot upgraded water cannons at the people on the ride.
UnclePennybags

Postby Goku1910 on June 25th, 2022, 8:22 am
Coaster Justin wrote:I'd honestly want a Zamperla Giant Discovery where Buccaneer Battle is/was

Then a Star Flyer where Revolution is

And turning Camp Cartoon into Bugs Bunny Boomtown

Sorry, wrong topic

I'd much rather see Kidzopolis rethemed to bugs bunny boom town.

There's more to work with there, especially if they remove the unused shops at the back.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby ProfessorPiggos on June 29th, 2022, 12:19 pm
I would love to see an S&S Axis at Great America. We did hear in September that one was supposed to be going to Europe in 2023 (https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/pysbok/ss_sansei_words_out_from_iaapa_that_the_firstever) but as this thread (https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/vlwqnd/other_where_will_the_first_ss_axis_go) states no park has given any word on them receiving this ride at this point. This could mean that this deal didn't end up happening, and Six Flags could be able to receive the first axis next year.
ProfessorPiggos

Postby Coaster Justin on June 29th, 2022, 3:39 pm
I'm sure Six Flags wants to work with S&S after Maxx Forces issues

Coaster Justin

Postby Goku1910 on June 29th, 2022, 4:03 pm
Not to mention an axis Coaster doesn't appeal to our capacity problem.

Post covid it seems to be less of an issue, especially with memberships gone but I'm still in the camp that we need a Coaster that has a high throughput.
Goku1910

Postby ProfessorPiggos on June 30th, 2022, 11:07 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:I'm sure Six Flags wants to work with S&S after Maxx Forces issues

Good point, I didn't really think about that as a factor.

Goku1910 wrote:Not to mention an axis Coaster doesn't appeal to our capacity problem

I agree, but I don't really know if that is the park's priority at this point. I haven't been to the park recently, but they were running many rides with 1 train at the beginning of the season and are continuing to run raging bull with 2 trains (to my knowledge). I would agree that a B&M Dive is the most likely option for the park to receive, and would probably have good capacity, but I'm really not sure if that is why the park would add it.
ProfessorPiggos

Postby Dural on July 12th, 2022, 3:26 pm
Not a fan of dive machines, I'd prefer an RMC conversion of Eagle.
Dural

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 12th, 2022, 3:48 pm
Dural wrote:Not a fan of dive machines, I'd prefer an RMC conversion of Eagle.

Iron Eagle: Soaring to New Heights -- B&M Giga built where Eagle is presently -- NOT CONFIRMED (yet)
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on December 21st, 2022, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on July 16th, 2022, 1:47 am
In a dream sequence, I'd want a B&M giga at the park. It just makes sense here. At this point put it where RR is & have it run along Superman/service road into the parking lot or tear out Aquaman/Yankee clipper along with RR. It would make for one hell of an interesting layout. Idc if it's short, the capacity & thrill factor are big selling points.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAmFan12 on July 21st, 2022, 6:08 pm
I think a Mack Power Splash where Buccaneer Battle is now would be great, but I don’t think it would happen because of the issues in getting the singular one open at SFOT and because our Summers can be hit and miss warmth/rain wise (it would also be a capacity nightmare unless they did the rotating station). It should fit in that area, too, if they took out the overflow queue that currently existing behind Hometown Park.

I wouldn’t mind a single rail coaster replacing the go karts—heck, call it Wonder Woman and expand DC Universe down into Yukon Territory some. Anything, to me, is better than those go karts in the center of the park, even if the capacity is awful.

American Eagle won’t be converted—that ship sailed when Goliath was built. I can see topper track being added at most, but not a full conversion as cool as it would be.

My worry with any new coaster is the typical “add one new coaster, remove one.” For years it seemed like V2 would be the next to go but given the recent rebrand to The Flash, what would now be next?

As for rides, I read/hear about SkyScreamers and giant discovery’s but I think we’re a few years late for a new Sky Screamer and we already have Revolution—albeit way smaller than a giant discovery it fits the bill.
SFGAmFan12

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 21st, 2022, 9:05 pm
^ Instead of a Mack Power Splash, how about a Mack Water Coaster like Poseidon?? That could possibly fit in Suckaneer's spot

It says this about capacity:
Capacity 1,690 riders per hour

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on July 30th, 2022, 9:19 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^ Instead of a Mack Power Splash, how about a Mack Water Coaster like Poseidon?? That could possibly fit in Suckaneer's spot

Poseidon is pretty big. Maybe if you remove Hometown Park and the Go Karts, you might have enough space

Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 30th, 2022, 4:45 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^ Instead of a Mack Power Splash, how about a Mack Water Coaster like Poseidon?? That could possibly fit in Suckaneer's spot

Poseidon is pretty big. Maybe if you remove Hometown Park and the Go Karts, you might have enough space

Add Hometown Junk Machine to the "removal list" . That ride has terrible capacity and basically does the same thing as Fiddler's Fling.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on July 30th, 2022, 7:25 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Coaster Justin wrote:

Add Hometown Junk Machine to the "removal list" . That ride has terrible capacity and basically does the same thing as Fiddler's Fling.

Except Fun Machine is nowhere near Buccaneer Battle

Coaster Justin

Postby JT2002 on August 5th, 2022, 8:37 pm
wablada wrote:Seeing Six Flags chain adding big roller coasters again, especially RMC single rail and B&M in game again. Which would you want to see next at SFGAm? I would love to see a B&M Dive coaster in place of go karts themed to Yukon Territory.

Honestly those are plans that were signed off by Spanos. I don't expect any capital improvement of "new attraction" scale under the Bassoul regime.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 6th, 2022, 8:56 pm
Hometown can go to make room for something else.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby JackGlass on August 7th, 2022, 9:00 am
These are just rumors. But Screamscape posted a possible 5 year plan for Great America. Which includes an RMC raptor to replace Buccaneer Battle and the go karts. A B&M Dive Machine near the flumes. and an Intamin Giga running along that strip of land behind roaring rapids

https://screamscape.com/html/six_flags_ ... htm#Future
JackGlass

Postby Coaster Justin on August 7th, 2022, 7:47 pm
Hope the RMC Raptor isn't true. I'm just not a fan of them (Been on Wonder Woman and Jersey Devil)

Coaster Justin

Postby jmanporty7 on August 7th, 2022, 8:54 pm
At this point, SFGAM needs to make a very tough decision with the future of Eagle. They need to determine whether or not it is worth throwing tons of money to refurbish it so that it could race again. If they decide no, then it would probably be in their best interest to just demolish it so that they can open a new and more marketable coaster, which is more worth the money.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 8th, 2022, 11:28 am
Coaster Justin wrote:Hope the RMC Raptor isn't true. I'm just not a fan of them (Been on Wonder Woman and Jersey Devil)

I agree with you . We don't need another low capacity coaster at our park!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 8th, 2022, 11:29 am
jmanporty7 wrote:At this point, SFGAM needs to make a very tough decision with the future of Eagle. They need to determine whether or not it is worth throwing tons of money to refurbish it so that it could race again. If they decide no, then it would probably be in their best interest to just demolish it so that they can open a new and more marketable coaster, which is more worth the money.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Agreed. "Iron Eagle: Soaring to New Heights" . B&M giga coaster with red/white/blue theme

CoasterRiderSC

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum