Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Goku1910 on May 12th, 2022, 10:06 pm
I cannot claim to know how it works but wing Coaster trains are still complex since they have a ton of electronics on board.

I can assume flipping the seats isn't as simple as it seems.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby coasterfanatic on May 12th, 2022, 10:38 pm
Apparently MaxxForce has been fixed and they are just waiting on state inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby MikeyTeee on May 13th, 2022, 6:43 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:Apparently MaxxForce has been fixed and they are just waiting on state inspection.

Any idea if it will be open tomorrow?
MikeyTeee

Postby Goku1910 on May 13th, 2022, 6:46 pm
Probably not, even if it passed inspection it still needs to do test runs.
Goku1910

Postby coasterfanatic on May 13th, 2022, 7:00 pm
I was at the park today. Here’s some notes:

-MaxxForce ran one test run but that was it. I doubt it opens this weekend.

-The Flash was open. They did not paint the inside of the roof and the entrance sign still says V2. The signs in the station say The Flash V2.

-Steelworks was open but not complete.

-DC Universe sign was not up.

-None of the water rides were open. Looks like won’t be open til Memorial Day at earliest. Flumes getting painted a deep green. Rapids still being worked on. They did not put sign up for Rapids yet but entrance says “early summer”

-Whirligig is still dismantled and sign still open.

-Some light landscaping was done but nothing major.

-XFlight only has one train in operation.

-Definitely an increase in benches and picnic tables like Salim mentioned

-New digital wait signage in a few spots by the information boards but apparently Flash Pass updates them so when Flash Pass is closed, they don’t have any wait times.

-New show called Kinetic opens June 25 in GMH

-Back lot repaved.

-Joker obviously still closed due to issues at another park with same ride.

-Overall staffing wasting too bad and certainly better than this time last year.

-New refill station being installed across from Mooseburger

-Bulls storage house has been redone with steel instead of the wood.

-One train of Eagle Red was on storage track!

coasterfanatic

Postby Goku1910 on May 13th, 2022, 10:24 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:I was at the park today. Here’s some notes:

What did I miss? Joker was operating on my first visit.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby coasterfanatic on May 13th, 2022, 11:01 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:I was at the park today. Here’s some notes:

What did I miss? Joker was operating on my first visit.
There was an issue with the same ride type at a different park (non Six Flags) that’s caused all of them to be shutdown for now. Not sure exactly what the issue was.

coasterfanatic

Postby Jodon on May 14th, 2022, 10:41 am
Maxx Force is open today.

Jodon

Postby MikeyTeee on May 14th, 2022, 10:42 am
Seems like MaxxForce is running today
MikeyTeee

Postby Goku1910 on May 14th, 2022, 10:44 am
MikeyTeee wrote:Seems like MaxxForce is running today

In Line.... 1 train. I wouldn't bother.

Edit: Not sure if this is new because I couldn't see last time because of tarps but the 2nd Train is at Goliath.

Is anyone else at the park today and know what's up with Bull? Been cycling teal and yellow empty a lot.
Goku1910

Postby ProfessorPiggos on May 29th, 2022, 9:41 pm
X-Flight was still running one train when I was there on the 25th. Seems pretty late in the season for them to still be running one train, staticshadows's prediction that it will be one of the rides running backwards may be correct.
ProfessorPiggos

Postby MikeyTeee on June 2nd, 2022, 2:01 pm
Went yesterday, here is what I gathered.

X-Flight now has 2 trains, probably eliminating backwards trains.

MaxxForce is still running 1 train.

Goliath was only running 1 train.

Everything else was running at least 2 trains.
MikeyTeee

Postby JaminOut on June 2nd, 2022, 10:27 pm
MikeyTeee wrote:Went yesterday, here is what I gathered.

X-Flight now has 2 trains, probably eliminating backwards trains.

MaxxForce is still running 1 train.

Goliath was only running 1 train.

Everything else was running at least 2 trains.
Went today:

- MaxxForce running one train (red train)
- X-Flight running two trains
- Goliath running two trains
- As mentioned above, all others running two trains (Raging Bull running blue and yellow)
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby BCarroll on June 3rd, 2022, 10:20 am
I heard this from an employee, so take it with a grain of salt. Apparently, Maxx Force will only run one train for the entirety of the season, citing maintenance headaches and the fact that two trains only increases the capacity by 200 riders per hour. Seems like a lame reason to have one train, but this is Six Flags after all.
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby JaminOut on June 3rd, 2022, 10:43 am
BCarroll wrote:I heard this from an employee, so take it with a grain of salt. Apparently, Maxx Force will only run one train for the entirety of the season, citing maintenance headaches and the fact that two trains only increases the capacity by 200 riders per hour. Seems like a lame reason to have one train, but this is Six Flags after all.
That statement makes sense to me. For a ride with a 23 second duration, a train will sit on the brake run for 30-60 seconds waiting for the other train to load, so a second train really only cuts down on station idle time by 30 seconds per cycle. I noticed that the line didn’t really move too much slower than if there were two train operation.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 4th, 2022, 2:55 pm
^ This is exactly why I really don't want a single rail coaster here: We already have 3 coasters (not counting Little Dipper lol) with low capacity in Maxx, Joker and Goliath.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on June 4th, 2022, 4:44 pm
BCarroll wrote:I heard this from an employee, so take it with a grain of salt. Apparently, Maxx Force will only run one train for the entirety of the season, citing maintenance headaches and the fact that two trains only increases the capacity by 200 riders per hour. Seems like a lame reason to have one train, but this is Six Flags after all.

Should've Gotten a Premier Rides. Between this and Steel Curtain, Best of Luck to S&S selling more coasters
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Tardis1972 on June 7th, 2022, 9:20 am
^ S&S is still a better choice than Intamin.
Last edited by Tardis1972 on June 7th, 2022, 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tardis1972

Postby ProfessorPiggos on June 7th, 2022, 3:14 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:^ S&S is still a better choice than Intamin.

I think Intamin's rides have been more reliable in recent years, but for a high acceleration launch coaster like Maxx Force that probably wouldn't go well.
ProfessorPiggos

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 9th, 2022, 11:18 pm
Why is the park still only open till 8PM on weekdays until late July when it's open till 9 PM?? I went to Kings Island on 6/1 (Wed) and it was open 10 AM to 10 PM !
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Nystagmus on June 11th, 2022, 3:50 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Why is the park still only open till 8PM on weekdays until late July when it's open till 9 PM?? I went to Kings Island on 6/1 (Wed) and it was open 10 AM to 10 PM !

Probably some cost-saving measure. When I worked at the park if we had low attendance by a certain hour, we'd close early. I imagine that the post-8pm hours aren't very profitable for the park. One time I was at the park (years after I worked there) and they closed by 11am due to storms and low attendance. Got a free ticket out of it.

I do enjoy the late hours though; it's always fun to be in the park at night with all the lights on.
Nystagmus

Postby Sven18 on June 13th, 2022, 9:02 am
Nystagmus wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Why is the park still only open till 8PM on weekdays until late July when it's open till 9 PM?? I went to Kings Island on 6/1 (Wed) and it was open 10 AM to 10 PM !

Probably some cost-saving measure. When I worked at the park if we had low attendance by a certain hour, we'd close early. I imagine that the post-8pm hours aren't very profitable for the park. One time I was at the park (years after I worked there) and they closed by 11am due to storms and low attendance. Got a free ticket out of it.

I do enjoy the late hours though; it's always fun to be in the park at night with all the lights on.

Six Flag across the chain started cutting hours in 2019, SF was not producing organic growth for several years at that point. 2019 Every park in the chain except MM & GAdv cut 1 hr off closing time. 2018 GAm closed at 10pm, 2019 it closed at 9pm. Post pandemic they have cut more.
Sven18

Postby CoasterDemon on June 16th, 2022, 9:15 am
Anyone know when Yankee's/Aquaman will open? So grateful we still have our classic flumes. Even more so since that speedbump at the bottom is also still there.
CoasterDemon

Postby sfgamnthemoon on June 16th, 2022, 9:16 am
CoasterDemon wrote:Anyone know when Yankee's/Aquaman will open? So grateful we still have our classic flumes. Even more so since that speedbump at the bottom is also still there.
It opened on SFGAm’s 46th anniversary

sfgamnthemoon

Postby CoasterDemon on June 16th, 2022, 9:20 am
^Thanks for the fast reply, wow!
What date was that? Do you know if it's open during the week? Totally worth a trip for it alone :mrgreen:
CoasterDemon

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum