Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 25th, 2022, 11:59 am
Goku1910 wrote:I posted some images of what was mentioned above.

See here: https://imgur.com/gallery/cDsFcmV

Great pictures! Thanks for posting. Is that colored star shaped tile new or was that under the photo place?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Goku1910 on April 27th, 2022, 8:08 pm
The pattern on the midway is new entirely. It took the place of the building where the photo place was.

It's very similar to the one in front of Battle for Metropolis and its not painted so it won't be slippery in the rain.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby sfgamnthemoon on April 28th, 2022, 6:38 pm
Did anyone else notice they got rid of the NorthShore Movement Mile? It's unfortunate for sure.
sfgamnthemoon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 28th, 2022, 8:28 pm
sfgamnthemoon wrote:Did anyone else notice they got rid of the NorthShore Movement Mile? It's unfortunate for sure.

Was North Shore the "exclusive walking distance measuring line provider" of Six Flags?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby staticshadows on April 28th, 2022, 8:48 pm
Here is the presentation from Monday's village board meeting.
https://youtu.be/NGE-8E0HlwQ?t=1253

- Two attractions will run backwards this year.
- Roaring Rapids should be at the park for a long time, the park spent more than one million dollars on the ride.
staticshadows

Postby Goku1910 on April 28th, 2022, 9:05 pm
staticshadows wrote:Here is the presentation from Monday's village board meeting.

- Roaring Rapids should be at the park for a long time, the park spent more than one million dollars on the ride.

I don't think Rapids has been in question.

The flumes however I'm hearing rumblings about Loggers being SBNO this year.
Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 29th, 2022, 10:25 am
staticshadows wrote:Here is the presentation from Monday's village board meeting.

Thanks for posting this link! Very interesting presentation. John Krajnak (new park president) is focusing on making the park look better, in addition to adding new benches and tables, and cleaning up plants and landscaping!

Motto: cleanliness and friendliness

As for backwards rides, probably Viper and Eagle (one side) ?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby coasterfanatic on April 29th, 2022, 10:44 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

Thanks for posting this link! Very interesting presentation. John Krajnak (new park president) is focusing on making the park look better, in addition to adding new benches and tables, and cleaning up plants and landscaping!

The initiative to “clean up the park” is not just the new PP. It’s an initiative from the new CEO Salim. He talked about adding more benches tables and landscaping in the last conference call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby anewman35 on April 29th, 2022, 5:38 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

Batman would make sense, being that they're pushing DC Universe and it's having an anniversary. Wonder what ever happened to the backwards chassis they were passing around the chain a few years ago...
anewman35

Postby Goku1910 on April 29th, 2022, 6:18 pm
Does anyone remember how long it took for Batman to be reconfigured for backwards ops last time?

When I was at the park, the 2nd train was in the storage area but also set up for normal operations.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 30th, 2022, 7:43 pm
I've heard that Batman backwards was awful and painful. Did anyone ride it backwards and what year(s) did it run backwards?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Goku1910 on April 30th, 2022, 7:52 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I've heard that Batman backwards was awful and painful. Did anyone ride it backwards and what year(s) did it run backwards?

I did. It hurt.

If you ride in the front or middle of the train it's more bearable. The back however is going to give you crazy whiplash when you leave the lift hill.

Batman is also reduced one row when backwards.

What I don't remember is how long Batman was down while maintenance reconfigured it for backwards operation because I know for sure it didn't last the whole season.
Goku1910

Postby anewman35 on May 1st, 2022, 9:40 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I've heard that Batman backwards was awful and painful. Did anyone ride it backwards and what year(s) did it run backwards?

From 2013-15, the Batman: The Ride coasters at five locations operated backwards at different times throughout the three years.[29][30][31][32][33][34] On February 1, 2018, it was announced that the St. Louis location would run backwards for the first half of the 2018 season.[35
anewman35

Postby staticshadows on May 1st, 2022, 1:20 pm
X-Flight backwards would be interesting.
staticshadows

Postby Coaster Justin on May 4th, 2022, 3:26 am
staticshadows wrote:X-Flight backwards would be interesting.

Problem is Six Flags has tons of B&M Inverted Coasters, While as only 1 Wing Coaster
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby adaml222 on May 6th, 2022, 10:04 pm
Not sure if this is worth noting, but Batman appears to have a new ride control system. The small remote operator panel is gone with an operator now using the main panel like most other rides and the ride attendant in the rear by the monitors now has a button to push. However, the most noticeable difference is that the train waiting to enter the station comes all the way up to right behind the train in the station instead of sitting back behind the transfer track.

Also V2 was open for a short while today.
https://i.imgur.com/lOFh5ym.jpeg
adaml222

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 9th, 2022, 8:37 am
Does anyone know if it's possible to see the balance on the 4 meal dining pass? I have used it 2x thus far and the balance doesn't seem to be decremented in my Account on the portal

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Tardis1972 on May 9th, 2022, 10:49 am
Does anyone know what’s going on with Maxx Force? It still hasn’t opened yet as far as I know.
Tardis1972

Postby Coaster Justin on May 11th, 2022, 8:45 am
Tardis1972 wrote:Does anyone know what’s going on with Maxx Force? It still hasn’t opened yet as far as I know.

Apparently it needs a new launch cable.

Coaster Justin

Postby Goku1910 on May 12th, 2022, 12:40 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
Tardis1972 wrote:Does anyone know what’s going on with Maxx Force? It still hasn’t opened yet as far as I know.

Already? This is going to be an expensive coaster for it's lifetime.
Goku1910

Postby Tardis1972 on May 12th, 2022, 1:59 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
Coaster Justin wrote:

Already? This is going to be an expensive coaster for it's lifetime.

Let’s not forget that is after the coaster didn’t operate at all in 2020 also. Just seems really strange that a new launch cable is needed already after only two years of operating.
Tardis1972

Postby Goku1910 on May 12th, 2022, 3:55 pm
Understandable, I kind of blocked the lockdowns out of memory so I forget we skipped an entire year of operations.

Wouldn't they do the same thing as off-season for that year though? Not sure what Maxx-Force's off-season procedures are like but I think it's safe to say the cable is not left out exposed to the elements.
Goku1910

Postby Coaster Justin on May 12th, 2022, 4:33 pm
Maxx Force is from the same company who made Gale Force, Merlin's Mayhem, and Steel Curtain. Don't be shocked at Downtime and maintenance problems.

Should've gotten a Premier Rides instead

Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 12th, 2022, 9:01 pm
And Ring Racer! I just also realized that coaster has the exact same color scheme for track and supports as Maxx! And the trains are similar too.

Hopefully our Maxx has a longer lifespan than Ring Racer!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 12th, 2022, 10:01 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
staticshadows wrote:X-Flight backwards would be interesting.

Problem is Six Flags has tons of B&M Inverted Coasters, While as only 1 Wing Coaster

Why is this a problem? The seats are just flipped around on Wing coasters. This doesn't require a special chassis.
B&MGuy35

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum