Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2022 Speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby coasterfanatic on April 4th, 2022, 12:52 am
FParker185 wrote:V2 is already on it's second set of trains, don't think they'd dump the cash for a 3rd set
And they just updated the color of the seats on the trains last year (which was a teaser to the retheme) so they aren’t replacing any trains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby gottastrata33 on April 4th, 2022, 2:44 am
They did? To what color? I haven't been since 2019, been living in Cali & Vegas. So I've missed a lot. Apparently.
gottastrata33

Postby BCarroll on April 5th, 2022, 6:35 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:They did? To what color? I haven't been since 2019, been living in Cali & Vegas. So I've missed a lot. Apparently.

They ditched the blue seat color for all new black seats.
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby Coaster Justin on April 6th, 2022, 7:52 pm
FParker185 wrote:V2 is already on it's second set of trains, don't think they'd dump the cash for a 3rd set

A person can dream
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Jodon on April 13th, 2022, 2:46 pm
It appears that the opening of DC Universe will be delayed according to ACE-Western Great Lakes Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/acewglr/

Not sure if guests will be allowed to walk through that area to get back to Yukon Territory or County Fair or if guests will have to take the long way around.

I am not surprised by this. Good job, good effort SFGAm.
Jodon

Postby Goku1910 on May 12th, 2022, 12:43 pm
ilrider wrote:Need to RMC Eagle to breathe new life into it, since they are no longer racing it. Takes away half the fun of it and the lines are getting long.

Nah, it's fine.

It's been debated to death whether this is even possible because SFGAm can no longer build that close to the highway. Even though an RMC wouldn't be "New Construction" per se, it can be argued that it still wouldn't be allowed by the zoning board.

Once Eagle goes, only a portion of it's footprint would be usable.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Jodon on May 12th, 2022, 4:00 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
ilrider wrote:Need to RMC Eagle to breathe new life into it, since they are no longer racing it. Takes away half the fun of it and the lines are getting long.

Nah, it's fine.

It's been debated to death whether this is even possible because SFGAm can no longer build that close to the highway. Even though an RMC wouldn't be "New Construction" per se, it can be argued that it still wouldn't be allowed by the zoning board.

I have no idea when or where this stupid rumor where SFGAm can't build on the AE site started, but it's wrong. If SFGAm wanted to tear down AE and build a new ride, they would absolutely be able to. Below are the actual zoning regulations for SFGAm and the entire structure of AE fits inside the guidelines.Image

Jodon

Postby Coaster Justin on May 12th, 2022, 4:36 pm
I haven't experienced it but I'll wish anyway.

Please Titan Track the Helix's
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 12th, 2022, 10:06 pm
Jodon wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:

Nah, it's fine.

I have no idea when or where this stupid rumor where SFGAm can't build on the AE site started, but it's wrong. If SFGAm wanted to tear down AE and build a new ride, they would absolutely be able to. Below are the actual zoning regulations for SFGAm and the entire structure of AE fits inside the guidelines.Image

And the height limit for that plot of land is 500ft!
Here's holding out hope for that giga!
LOL
B&MGuy35

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum