Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2022 Speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby anewman35 on February 15th, 2022, 11:58 am
Viper 88 wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote: AND, ENFORCE a dress code!!

I said this very same thing on a facebook group and was booted because I told it like it was! Very large bosomed women are walking around in little more than kleenex and rubberbands. Guys aren't wearing shirts in the parks and you can see 75% of their boxers, and several tweens and young teens are wearing clothes that they have no business wearing...think you look at something and they enter your line of vision the gurnee police will be waiting to take ur pic and put it in the sex offender database. Well the pu$$!3$ they are banned me from their lil pow wow! They can't handle the TRUTH! I am glad I am not the only one who has noticed the lackadaisical enforcement of the dress code!

Who cares? Why does it affect you?
anewman35

Postby BCarroll on February 15th, 2022, 7:28 pm
anewman35 wrote:
Viper 88 wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote: AND, ENFORCE a dress code!!

I said this very same thing on a facebook group and was booted because I told it like it was! Very large bosomed women are walking around in little more than kleenex and rubberbands. Guys aren't wearing shirts in the parks and you can see 75% of their boxers, and several tweens and young teens are wearing clothes that they have no business wearing...think you look at something and they enter your line of vision the gurnee police will be waiting to take ur pic and put it in the sex offender database. Well the pu$$!3$ they are banned me from their lil pow wow! They can't handle the TRUTH! I am glad I am not the only one who has noticed the lackadaisical enforcement of the dress code!

Who cares? Why does it affect you?

If it is supposed to be a "family friendly" park then a dress code should be enforced! Even as recent as 2012 they would not even let you in the park for wearing anything remotely offensive or lewd. They just don't care and shows. The park has dwindled down to a place that is almost unsuitable. I saw a woman wearing a shirt that said "F**K OFF!" on it this season, no need for that in an amusement park with kids and families.
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby anewman35 on February 16th, 2022, 8:43 am
Then don't go? Seems simple enough.
anewman35

Postby CoasterRiderSC on February 16th, 2022, 4:52 pm
BCarroll - agree with you 100% ! I bring my kids to the park and it IS a family park!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Tardis1972 on February 17th, 2022, 11:27 am
anewman35 wrote:Then don't go? Seems simple enough.

I agreed but also disagree with this.
Last edited by Tardis1972 on February 17th, 2022, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tardis1972

Postby BCarroll on February 17th, 2022, 6:56 pm
It is ignorant to say "don't go" when people are abusing the park and its rules. They are there for a reason.You would never see something like that at Kings Island, or Universal, etc. That just adds on to the problem instead of trying to fix clear issues that diminish the park.
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby anewman35 on February 18th, 2022, 11:21 am
BCarroll wrote:It is ignorant to say "don't go" when people are abusing the park and its rules. They are there for a reason.You would never see something like that at Kings Island, or Universal, etc. That just adds on to the problem instead of trying to fix clear issues that diminish the park.

It's also ignorant to think complain about it here is going to do anything. They clearly don't care, so if it really matters to you then show it with your money.
anewman35

Postby coasterfanatic on February 25th, 2022, 12:31 am
I wouldn’t expect many new rides in any of the Six Flags parks going forward

New CEO made it clear that Capex will go to in park improvements and paying off debt. He stated that they parks have “ample thrill rides” and that they will add coasters but selectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby anewman35 on February 25th, 2022, 9:05 pm
anewman35

Postby RollingCoasting on February 26th, 2022, 5:02 pm
Hmmmmmm…. Could we see the return of backwards Batman? That’d be pretty fitting for the ride’s 30th anniversary
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterRiderSC on February 26th, 2022, 11:07 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Hmmmmmm…. Could we see the return of backwards Batman? That’d be pretty fitting for the ride’s 30th anniversary

Welcome back, RC!!!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby anewman35 on February 28th, 2022, 7:47 am
'Kepple said the amusement park will open April 15 and the Hurricane Harbor water park is set to open May 28. She teased that there will be an announcement in the coming weeks for upcoming attractions.

Kepple also said there once again will be the shows in the park's Grand Music Hall, which remained closed in 2021.

"We're so excited for what's to come in 2022," Kepple said'

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/202202 ... ts-suggest
anewman35

Postby SFGAM__man on March 7th, 2022, 10:22 am
While I agree 100% with pretty much everything the new CEO is saying, he is saying is all the same stuff the new CEO Mark Shapiro said back in 2006.

Shapiro went to extremes to show the public the company was trying to clear out the riff raff, going as far to instructing every parks management to automatically kick people out that were smoking without giving them any warnings, and changed the employee shirts putting "keep the park clean because MY FAMILY comes here too!" and put that on all the garbage cans. But after a year or so of the parks being great they went right back to doing anything they could to quickly get a buck because they were in so much debt they couldnt sustain being good long term. So like I said I agree with everything he's saying but Six Flags management seems to not last very long and not follow through on what they say, so i'll still give it another couple years before making judgements.
SFGAM__man

Postby JackGlass on March 7th, 2022, 8:40 pm
I really like the improvements they're making at Six Flags Great Adventure. You're 100% right they need to stick with the current strategy and not let themselves go.
JackGlass

Postby sfgamnthemoon on March 9th, 2022, 7:45 am
Since "DC Universe" hasn't been announced by the park itself, though it was announced in the annual report, the park is definitely getting ready soon to announce the re-theme.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 6.45.21 AM.png
sfgamnthemoon

Postby sfgamnthemoon on March 9th, 2022, 7:49 am
Since DC Universe hasn't been announced by the park itself, though it was announced in the annual report, the park is definitely getting ready soon to announce the re-theme because of this popping up on their website.
Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 6.45.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 6.45.41 AM.png
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 6.48.01 AM.png
sfgamnthemoon

Postby HCF on March 9th, 2022, 1:18 pm
Anyone else underwhelmed by the "DC UNIVERSE" title? I feel like something like "Gotham City harbor" Would've worked well to at least somewhat preserve SFGAm History. Oh well, hopefully under new management they make the area look somewhat appealing :lol:
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 9th, 2022, 5:29 pm
HCF wrote:Anyone else underwhelmed by the "DC UNIVERSE" title? I feel like something like "Gotham City harbor" Would've worked well to at least somewhat preserve SFGAm History. Oh well, hopefully under new management they make the area look somewhat appealing :lol:

AGREED. Gotham City Harbor would be much better! And then the pizza place could be
Gotham City Grub!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby jmanporty7 on March 9th, 2022, 6:31 pm
Or they could just called it "Gotham Harbor" to keep it as little wordy as possible. Oh well, missed opportunity! [emoji1745]

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby JackGlass on March 9th, 2022, 9:53 pm
V2 becomes The Flash. Whirligig becomes Gotham city swinger and Yankee Clipper becomes Aqua Man. That's my guess, lol
JackGlass

Postby HCF on March 10th, 2022, 12:46 pm
JackGlass wrote:V2 becomes The Flash. Whirligig becomes Gotham city swinger and Yankee Clipper becomes Aqua Man. That's my guess, lol

There are rumors that Whirligig may actually be removed/relocated away from Yankee harbor actually, super strange stuff. If they are true it would be a weird move considering many other six flags parks retheme their swing rides to DC Villains
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

Postby Sven18 on March 10th, 2022, 8:05 pm
HCF wrote:
JackGlass wrote:V2 becomes The Flash. Whirligig becomes Gotham city swinger and Yankee Clipper becomes Aqua Man. That's my guess, lol

There are rumors that Whirligig may actually be removed/relocated away from Yankee harbor actually, super strange stuff. If they are true it would be a weird move considering many other six flags parks retheme their swing rides to DC Villains

From the annual report
(viii)DC Universe, a newly themed area featuring three reimagined attractions at Six Flags Great America (Gurnee, IL);

There are only 3 non DC themed rides in the area V2, Whirlgig & Yankee Clipper. So, unless they are relocating something from another area to "reimagine an attraction", it will be these 3 rides changed
Sven18

Postby Coaster Justin on March 11th, 2022, 4:32 am

My Thoughts:
V2 Becomes Flash: Speed Force
Whirligig becomes DC Super Villain Swings
Yankee Clipper becomes Aquaman Splashdown
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby DejaVu2001 on March 11th, 2022, 12:28 pm
The following 2 lines have been added to the event page:

Location in Park [42.367874, -87.932719]
Theme 1 [RAL 1023,3002]

Google Maps says the location is the Vertical Velocity entrance. RAL 1023 and 3002 are paint colors, yellow and red.
DejaVu2001

Postby ernstwhere on March 11th, 2022, 12:48 pm
Did anyone else notice on Twitter yesterday the park tweeted a problem with their event page? I dont' think that's meant to be there!
ernstwhere

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum