Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 18th, 2021, 2:47 pm
^ Great summary of things you noticed, coasterfanatic! Thanks!

That paving of road for the back entrance looks really nice and was definitely needed! I always come in and leave that way (unless going to BK after park close).

Did the ride cemetery have same amount of ride cars as in the past? It seemed smaller to me when I was there on 10/11
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby coasterfanatic on October 18th, 2021, 3:18 pm
^Ride cemetery seems smaller but I didn’t notice anything missing from it that’s normally there.

Biggest take always were that the train was open for Freight Fest which I feel it always should be. They ran all 5 coaches and they were full every time and they work being on the reflection pond.

I plan to go for Freight Fest one more time likely this Thursday cause I rather avoid the large crowds on the weekend assuming the weather will continue to be nice (and I’m busy the final weekend anyways) so I’ll try to get some more pictures or pay attention to some more detail

Also, a couple of rides (Viper, Bull) have had the lift hill lights replaced with LEDs

Also, it appears that “Last Call” will be back as they did add 12pm-6pm operating days on the first weekend in November with the Saturday being another Member Appreciation Day.

I’ll try to get some pictures of the Rapids construction posted. The stuff I have of V2 isn’t different than what’s already been posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby CoasterDemon on October 19th, 2021, 8:05 am
Hey everyone, what are Thursdays like? I'm heading up there with some friends this Thursday, and I've targeted an hour early... arrive at the lot at 5, park opens at 6. Is that good enough to beat the crowd?
CoasterDemon

Postby Coaster Justin on October 19th, 2021, 4:14 pm
CoasterDemon wrote:Hey everyone, what are Thursdays like? I'm heading up there with some friends this Thursday, and I've targeted an hour early... arrive at the lot at 5, park opens at 6. Is that good enough to beat the crowd?

To be on the safe side, get a preferred parking reservation
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterDemon on October 20th, 2021, 9:47 am
How do I do that? I'm not up on all the perks and if I have them or not... I have a silver card that says Platinum.

Can't I just get there early and pick a good spot? Thanks for your help :mrgreen: I'm bringing some friends who never go to the park, and want to make the best of our time.
CoasterDemon

Postby coasterfanatic on October 20th, 2021, 11:02 am
You don’t need preferred parking. I’ve done the Thursdays before and it’s typically not that busy for obvious reasons. Mainly a day for season pass/members.

coasterfanatic

Postby CoasterDemon on October 20th, 2021, 11:13 am
^Sounds good, thank you :D
CoasterDemon

Postby Coaster Justin on October 22nd, 2021, 8:24 am
coasterfanatic wrote:You don’t need preferred parking. I’ve done the Thursdays before and it’s typically not that busy for obvious reasons. Mainly a day for season pass/members.

LIAR!

I went on Thursday at about 7:40pm and almost every spot was taken for parking

Fortunately the Haunted House lines were short

Coaster Justin

Postby onyxhotel08 on October 23rd, 2021, 1:03 pm
Forgot Roaring Rapids is not used for FF this year. Clearly something is still off with people not wanting to work at the park. They make it seem like all the perks are being given but why is the park having issues staffing now?
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby coasterfanatic on October 23rd, 2021, 3:27 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:Forgot Roaring Rapids is not used for FF this year. Clearly something is still off with people not wanting to work at the park. They make it seem like all the perks are being given but why is the park having issues staffing now?
Everyone has staffing issues. There’s a National Labor Shortage.

coasterfanatic

Postby coasterfanatic on October 23rd, 2021, 3:28 pm
Wow.

coasterfanatic

Postby anewman35 on October 24th, 2021, 1:12 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:Image
Wow.

Feels like it would be a lot worse to keep letting people in even after they were at capacity. But maybe that's just me.
anewman35

Postby coasterfanatic on October 24th, 2021, 1:27 pm
^Of course. But they don’t usually post that on Facebook. They didn’t last weekend but this is a good thing.

coasterfanatic

Postby coasterfanatic on October 24th, 2021, 8:20 pm
Park announced Holiday in the Park schedule. Still focusing on the “lights” portion. No coasters this year but other indoor and family rides will be open.

Drive thru returns as well.

List of rides not mentioned but anything indoors plus some flats I’d expect to be open.

coasterfanatic

Postby batmanfan80 on October 25th, 2021, 2:18 pm
Wow, Fright Fest looks like a mess of bad management and customer service.

Speaking of which, I just noticed on my credit report that Six Flags decided to send my membership to collections after the credit card it was on couldn't be paid due to all the covid problems. I just don't get how they can go after me for almost $700. Why not just cancel the membership? Do Fitness Clubs do this? I never even got to use the thing after getting roped into moving.

I'll have to write letters to the right people, anyone have any recommendations?

Sounds like Six Flags is just gonna try to get every last cent out of everyone with the way they're doing things. FF has been such a mess that I haven't been able to get in since 2013. It'd honestly be faster to fly to Tampa and get on Montu than to try and get into Great America and get on Batman during most FF days post-2013.
batmanfan80

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 27th, 2021, 11:58 am
batmanfan - just another reason I don't want a Membership!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby coasterfanatic on October 27th, 2021, 12:14 pm
The summer was fine. Sure, they were short staffed but everyone is. Fright Fest is always busy. The park did the right thing by turning people away this year when it got too busy. Actually went to the park a record number of times this year.

The key to Fright Fest is to go on the Thursdays or on dicey weather days. Also go early. Like September early October.

It doesn’t usually get crazy busy until final 2-3 weeks.

coasterfanatic

Postby Sven18 on October 27th, 2021, 1:41 pm
batmanfan80 wrote:Wow, Fright Fest looks like a mess of bad management and customer service.

Speaking of which, I just noticed on my credit report that Six Flags decided to send my membership to collections after the credit card it was on couldn't be paid due to all the covid problems. I just don't get how they can go after me for almost $700. Why not just cancel the membership? Do Fitness Clubs do this? I never even got to use the thing after getting roped into moving.

I'll have to write letters to the right people, anyone have any recommendations?

Sounds like Six Flags is just gonna try to get every last cent out of everyone with the way they're doing things. FF has been such a mess that I haven't been able to get in since 2013. It'd honestly be faster to fly to Tampa and get on Montu than to try and get into Great America and get on Batman during most FF days post-2013.

If you sign up for a membership you have to pay for 12mths minimum (no matter what) & starting month 13 you owe them monthly until you cancel.
Sven18

Postby coasterfanatic on October 27th, 2021, 1:49 pm
You don’t pay for the 12 months up front. It’s still monthly. You just can’t cancel for at least 12 full months.

coasterfanatic

Postby Sven18 on October 27th, 2021, 2:25 pm
Never said it was upfront, you just have no outs. The guy appears his CC was bad, faulty, etc...he still owes the money for 12 months, that's why they are going after him.
Sven18

Postby coasterfanatic on October 27th, 2021, 2:31 pm
Sven18 wrote:Never said it was upfront, you just have no outs. The guy appears his CC was bad, faulty, etc...he still owes the money for 12 months, that's why they are going after him.
Oh gotcha. I misunderstood.

coasterfanatic

Postby Sven18 on October 27th, 2021, 2:48 pm
Btw, under SF accounting since the 1st year of a membership is guaranteed (no outs) they claim the revenue as if it were a season pass(operating days in a quarter). Starting month 13 they claim revenue on a monthly basis as you pay it. As more memberships get past 12 months & if SF can increase members, the revenue quarterly numbers will be smoother. There will be smaller differentials Q4 & Q1(2 lightest quarters) compared to Q2 & the biggest revenue part of the year Q3. This is ideal for SF & was part of the logic on the membership push, besides the higher price point.
Sven18

Postby Coaster Justin on November 7th, 2021, 10:45 am
Here's a Six Flags Fright Fest Survey

https://feedback.sixflags.com/advisoryp ... d=38480727

Coaster Justin

Postby coasterfanatic on November 7th, 2021, 12:32 pm
More details posted about Holiday in the Park. They are doing the drive thru. Rides are mainly the kids rides and then the following: Dark Knight, Justice League, carousel, triple play, lobster, Chabusco, Balloons.

coasterfanatic

Postby Rift on November 7th, 2021, 8:26 pm
I noticed that Yankee Clipper was getting repainted a dark forest green. I, unfortunately, do not have any pictures, but not much has been done yet. I'm also not sure if Loggers Run is also getting repainted, but I would imagine so.
Rift

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum