Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2022 Speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby jmanporty7 on November 1st, 2021, 1:17 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Coaster Justin wrote:[quote="CoasterRiderSC"]How about a Skyscreamer where Sky Trek is at and it's called "Wonder Woman's Lasso" ??

Unless that name has been used already lol!

How about replace Condor with one instead?

Let's keep Condor right where it's at :) Sky Trek is never open anymore and is like 45 years old! Or replace Home Town Fun Machine with the Skyscreamer (if it would fit)!

How about replace Dare Devil Dive with a Skyscreamer? Wasn't STT closed due to Covid? I suggested getting rid of Condor cause Six Flags has been removing Huss Rides lately[/quote]I believe your right on STT being closed for covid. I don't that's going anywhere anytime soon. Condor's spot I don't think is big enough for a sky screamer, but hey what do I know? [emoji1745]

I remember a while back someone posting a photoshopped pic of a sky screamer on top Dare Devil Dive's pedestal, and it appears that it's a perfect fit, at least for the ride itself. The queue space for it would probably be pretty funky to say the least, but I think it would still be manageable.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby anewman35 on November 1st, 2021, 3:10 pm
If we were looking for a space to add something, I've wondered if they could do something with the old Hurricane Harbor entry area now that it's a separate gate. When you add in the wide path there, the open space between the path and the Demon, and the old Trailblazer spot I feel like they could do something.

That's all assuming they have any desire to add a new ride without removing one, and they haven't shown much appetite to do that in a while.
anewman35

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 1st, 2021, 3:18 pm
YES! I'm all for getting rid of Dare Devil Dive!! They could put a Skyscreamer in it's place and call it
American Screamer or County Fair Flyer!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby jmanporty7 on November 1st, 2021, 3:20 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:YES! I'm all for getting rid of Dare Devil Dive!! They could put a Skyscreamer in it's place and call it
I think you mean... Great American SkyScreamer [emoji6]

jmanporty7

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 1st, 2021, 3:20 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:YES! I'm all for getting rid of Dare Devil Dive!! They could put a Skyscreamer in it's place and call it
I think you mean... Great American SkyScreamer [emoji6]

YES!! ^THIS

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on November 2nd, 2021, 3:36 am
We've said for years the DDD plot is perfect but they'd have to redo that foundation. Trusting it another 20 years is iffy. It would be a perfect addition up on that pedestal by AE.

& yes, if they add one, the only name option is the Great American Skyscreamer. No other choices. None.
gottastrata33

Postby staticshadows on November 3rd, 2021, 11:59 am
anewman35 wrote:If we were looking for a space to add something, I've wondered if they could do something with the old Hurricane Harbor entry area now that it's a separate gate. When you add in the wide path there, the open space between the path and the Demon, and the old Trailblazer spot I feel like they could do something.

That's all assuming they have any desire to add a new ride without removing one, and they haven't shown much appetite to do that in a while.

staticshadows

Postby gottastrata33 on November 4th, 2021, 4:42 pm
I was rather hopin that space could be used for a new small family coaster or thrill ride to be honest just cause they could put that HH entrance to great use for that but it totally makes sense to use it for HH instead. As for that old Trailblazer plot, PLEASE add a ride there my god.
gottastrata33

Postby anewman35 on November 4th, 2021, 5:59 pm
I was more talking about this, but, hell, use em both!

http://imgur.com/a/pQ1v8ia
anewman35

Postby staticshadows on November 7th, 2021, 12:58 pm
staticshadows

Postby ilrider on November 7th, 2021, 10:49 pm
^Based on the clue from the first poster, sounds like maybe Buccaneer Battle is (finally) going away sometime soon! For a coaster I hope!
ilrider

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 9th, 2021, 11:09 am
ilrider wrote:^Based on the clue from the first poster, sounds like maybe Buccaneer Battle is (finally) going away sometime soon! For a coaster I hope!

ANY ride is better than SuckANeer Battle! I'd be thrilled if they put a screaming swing (ie Skyhawk) there. Or a small invert family coaster like Dragonflier.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby ernstwhere on November 10th, 2021, 3:19 pm
As of Sunday signs for Yankee Clipper, Loggers Run and Roaring Rapids are removed. RR shows work, but does anybody know about the flumes?
ernstwhere

Postby JackGlass on November 11th, 2021, 11:47 am
I'm sticking with my original prediction. A Zamperla double heart in place of Buccaneer Battle. They'll be able to market it as the tallest coaster in the park without breaking the bank
JackGlass

Postby JaminOut on November 11th, 2021, 2:00 pm
JackGlass wrote:I'm sticking with my original prediction. A Zamperla double heart in place of Buccaneer Battle. They'll be able to market it as the tallest coaster in the park without breaking the bank
They need to get height approval from the village board for anything above 175 feet (changed from 120 ft around 2017, I believe). We would have already seen a zoning board meeting occur if this was the case. I could definitely see some form of major project in the BB, go karts area for 2023 though.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby gottastrata33 on November 12th, 2021, 4:41 am
JackGlass wrote:I'm sticking with my original prediction. A Zamperla double heart in place of Buccaneer Battle. They'll be able to market it as the tallest coaster in the park without breaking the bank

I'd much rather see this at something like Frontier City, not our park. It just seems weird after Maxx.
gottastrata33

Postby coasterfanatic on November 12th, 2021, 9:49 am
ernstwhere wrote:As of Sunday signs for Yankee Clipper, Loggers Run and Roaring Rapids are removed. RR shows work, but does anybody know about the flumes?
Roaring Rapids sign was removed at the start of this season as it undergoes major rehab.

Yankee Clipper appears to be getting work done as well given that sign was down during Fright Fest and they had pardon our dust signs everywhere. Not sure about Loggers but I know roof in queue house needed to be fixed

It’s not uncommon for Six Flags to remove signs for rides as they undergo rehab and stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby ernstwhere on November 12th, 2021, 1:09 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:
ernstwhere wrote:As of Sunday signs for Yankee Clipper, Loggers Run and Roaring Rapids are removed. RR shows work, but does anybody know about the flumes?
Roaring Rapids sign was removed at the start of this season as it undergoes major rehab.

Yankee Clipper appears to be getting work done as well given that sign was down during Fright Fest and they had pardon our dust signs everywhere. Not sure about Loggers but I know roof in queue house needed to be fixed

It’s not uncommon for Six Flags to remove signs for rides as they undergo rehab and stuff.

Thanks. You mentioned Roaring Rapids might be renamed White Water Rampage. That's cool. Do you know if Yankee Clipper is getting a DC theme? I gather mgmt is improving the area around V2 for The Flash reboot, or maybe totally rebooting YH into a DC section?
ernstwhere

Postby gottastrata33 on November 13th, 2021, 10:14 pm
So did we ever figure out what Skyhigh was trollin us over?
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 15th, 2021, 3:46 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:

I'd much rather see this at something like Frontier City, not our park. It just seems weird after Maxx.

I had V2 going to Frontier City to replace Diamondback!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on November 21st, 2021, 2:56 am
But Diamondback is so damn good & workin well at FC.
gottastrata33

Postby coasterfanatic on November 22nd, 2021, 1:02 am
ernstwhere wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:

Thanks. You mentioned Roaring Rapids might be renamed White Water Rampage. That's cool. Do you know if Yankee Clipper is getting a DC theme? I gather mgmt is improving the area around V2 for The Flash reboot, or maybe totally rebooting YH into a DC section?
That was pure speculation. Six Flags seems to like rehabbing rides and returning them to their original names. But with a new CEO again, who knows now? As for everything else, I just know they are working on Yankee Clipper. To me, a DC re-theme of YH makes sense since 3 rides (Joker, Batman, and now Flash) are all DC themed.

coasterfanatic

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 24th, 2021, 12:08 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:But Diamondback is so damn good & workin well at FC.

I know you're kidding :)

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on January 7th, 2022, 6:40 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:But Diamondback is so damn good & workin well at FC.

I know you're kidding :)

LOL I'm really not. It was damn good. I know it's old but - Those drops are not playin around.
gottastrata33

Postby Viper 88 on February 15th, 2022, 4:32 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote: AND, ENFORCE a dress code!!

I said this very same thing on a facebook group and was booted because I told it like it was! Very large bosomed women are walking around in little more than kleenex and rubberbands. Guys aren't wearing shirts in the parks and you can see 75% of their boxers, and several tweens and young teens are wearing clothes that they have no business wearing...think you look at something and they enter your line of vision the gurnee police will be waiting to take ur pic and put it in the sex offender database. Well the pu$$!3$ they are banned me from their lil pow wow! They can't handle the TRUTH! I am glad I am not the only one who has noticed the lackadaisical enforcement of the dress code!
Viper 88

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum