Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2022 Speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JackGlass on September 17th, 2021, 9:01 am
Not related to Great America. But Six Flags ordered a third train for Iron Rattler at Fiesta Texas to increase capacity.

I really like the direction Spanos is taking this company
JackGlass

Postby DejaVu2001 on September 17th, 2021, 9:21 am
^Of note, Iron Rattler is not capable of running 3 trains at the same time. The capacity increase will come from not needing to drop to 1 train ops when a train is due for annual maintenance now that SFFT is year round.
DejaVu2001

Postby FParker185 on September 19th, 2021, 10:32 pm
Same thing just happened for Batman at SFOT, 3'rd train on order so they can run 2 year round
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby onyxhotel08 on September 22nd, 2021, 1:58 pm
Just saw the painting on V2, was wondering if it was ever repainted between 2001-now? Can't recall. I think it was but can't be sure.
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby JackGlass on September 22nd, 2021, 4:38 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:Just saw the painting on V2, was wondering if it was ever repainted between 2001-now? Can't recall. I think it was but can't be sure.

I'm about 99% sure it has never been repainted since 2001. I remember back in 2011 saying "This thing really needs a paint job" :lol:
JackGlass

Postby CoasterNick3157 on October 1st, 2021, 8:17 pm
never got repainted since opening year
CoasterNick3157

Postby gottastrata33 on October 2nd, 2021, 12:21 am
CoasterNick3157 wrote:never got repainted since opening year

& now here we are, finally being painted. What do we think of the bright yellow & red? I'm much more happy with the yellow track vs the SFDK version.

I'm bein wayyy too hopeful in hoping they pull a "Mr Freeze" & reverse the trains. Villain up the ride & call it "Reverse Flash" instead of the Flash. Seems like a missed opportunity if they don't do this lol
gottastrata33

Postby [jonrev] on October 3rd, 2021, 9:35 pm
JackGlass wrote:
onyxhotel08 wrote:Just saw the painting on V2, was wondering if it was ever repainted between 2001-now? Can't recall. I think it was but can't be sure.

I'm about 99% sure it has never been repainted since 2001. I remember back in 2011 saying "This thing really needs a paint job" :lol:

Supports were painted in 2013, I believe. Same color.
[jonrev]

Postby CoasterNick3157 on October 4th, 2021, 10:56 pm
^ Where the heck you been jon
CoasterNick3157

Postby gottastrata33 on October 5th, 2021, 12:57 am
CoasterNick3157 wrote:^ Where the heck you been jon

Yeah Jon, extrapolate.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterNick3157 on October 5th, 2021, 2:13 am
Havent seem jon at the park in ages
CoasterNick3157

Postby JackGlass on October 16th, 2021, 8:29 pm
Photos from Screamscape
Attachments
V23.jpg
v22.jpg
v21.jpg
JackGlass

Postby jmanporty7 on October 21st, 2021, 9:14 am
Unrelated to SFGAm 2022 speculation but Magic Mountain has just announced an extended clone of Jersey Devil Coaster for next year called WONDER WOMAN: Flight of Courage. Apparently this new coaster is going to be 1 foot taller and 330 feet longer than it's New Jersey counterpart.

Thoughts? I know this is too early to ask this, but could this be SFGAm's 2023 coaster?
jmanporty7

Postby staticshadows on October 22nd, 2021, 3:19 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:Unrelated to SFGAm 2022 speculation but Magic Mountain has just announced an extended clone of Jersey Devil Coaster for next year called WONDER WOMAN: Flight of Courage. Apparently this new coaster is going to be 1 foot taller and 330 feet longer than it's New Jersey counterpart.

Thoughts? I know this is too early to ask this, but could this be SFGAm's 2023 coaster?

I doubt it, this coaster requires a space about 664 ft. long. They would have to do something weird, such as remove Batman and Little Dipper or remove Batman and Johnny Rockets to make it fit.
staticshadows

Postby jmanporty7 on October 23rd, 2021, 12:36 pm
staticshadows wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:Unrelated to SFGAm 2022 speculation but Magic Mountain has just announced an extended clone of Jersey Devil Coaster for next year called WONDER WOMAN: Flight of Courage. Apparently this new coaster is going to be 1 foot taller and 330 feet longer than it's New Jersey counterpart.

I doubt it, this coaster requires a space about 664 ft. long. They would have to do something weird, such as remove Batman and Little Dipper or remove Batman and Johnny Rockets to make it fit.

Got something against Batman or what? :lol:

I think they get make it work if they use the original Jersey Devil layout and not the extended version going up at Magic Mountain. Roaring Rapids has been closed all year with all of the its signage being removed. They can put a clone there if they also use a small portion of land from the Picnic Grove for the dive loop and final turnaround.
jmanporty7

Postby onyxhotel08 on October 23rd, 2021, 1:05 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:
staticshadows wrote:

I think they get make it work if they use the original Jersey Devil layout and not the extended version going up at Magic Mountain. Roaring Rapids has been closed all year with all of the its signage being removed. They can put a clone there if they also use a small portion of land from the Picnic Grove for the dive loop and final turnaround.

Roaring Rapids is not going anywhere. It is the most popular and very needed water ride in the park.
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby coasterfanatic on October 23rd, 2021, 1:09 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:
staticshadows wrote:[quote="jmanporty7"]Unrelated to SFGAm 2022 speculation but Magic Mountain has just announced an extended clone of Jersey Devil Coaster for next year called WONDER WOMAN: Flight of Courage. Apparently this new coaster is going to be 1 foot taller and 330 feet longer than it's New Jersey counterpart.

Roaring Rapids is not going anywhere. It is the most popular and very needed water ride in the park.[/quote]Correct. Refurbishment work is already being done on Roaring Rapids. It needed a lot of work. It was visible from the train. Much like other rides that they refurb, they typically take down the sign. And maybe could even be changing name back to original White Water Rampage. I took some pictures that I could upload once I get on a computer.

Yankee Clippers sign is down now too but is also getting refurbed/rethemed

A single rail would fit in Buccaneer Battles spot Becuase I believe California GA has one in that exact same spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby jmanporty7 on October 25th, 2021, 11:25 am
Oh ok. I had no idea that they did that for refurbs. Thanks for clearing that up. I also had no idea that Roaring Rapids had a different name when it opened.

I feel I've mentioned this in the past but I'll say it again. If SFGAm wants to add a single rail coaster, getting a prototype model like WW at SFFT or RailBlazer and CGA would be absolutely miserable with how popular our park is, especially this past season. They need to maximize the ride's capacity as much as possible to prevent insanely long wait times. That's why I think a larger model is more suitable for our park because of the 12 riders per train compared to the 8 riders for the prototype models.
jmanporty7

Postby coasterfanatic on October 25th, 2021, 11:29 am
From the video, the Magic Mountain one is 12 rows.

coasterfanatic

Postby jmanporty7 on October 25th, 2021, 5:20 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:From the video, the Magic Mountain one is 12 rows.

That's what I said... That is unless I made grammatical errors, which I do often [emoji23]

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby ernstwhere on October 30th, 2021, 12:17 pm
Roaring Rapids is not going anywhere. It is the most popular and very needed water ride in the park.[/quote]Correct. Refurbishment work is already being done on Roaring Rapids. It needed a lot of work. It was visible from the train. Much like other rides that they refurb, they typically take down the sign. And maybe could even be changing name back to original White Water Rampage. I took some pictures that I could upload once I get on a computer.

Yankee Clippers sign is down now too but is also getting refurbed/rethemed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Do you really think so about the name change to WWR? I remember 1984! It's never been clear to me about the fee/process to trademark an attraction name, why another Goliath vs Mardi Gras Hangover? You'd think a record-breaking coaster/ major investment like Goliath deserves its own brand identity. Also, retheming Yankee Clipper? Is it going the way of DC Comics, too? Hmm... if so a retheme of YH is probably assured. Is there further speculation about removing the flumes? Thanks for the fascinating rumors.
ernstwhere

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 30th, 2021, 10:56 pm
How about a Skyscreamer where Sky Trek is at and it's called "Wonder Woman's Lasso" ??

Unless that name has been used already lol!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on October 31st, 2021, 6:33 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:How about a Skyscreamer where Sky Trek is at and it's called "Wonder Woman's Lasso" ??

How about replace Condor with one instead?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 1st, 2021, 8:39 am
Coaster Justin wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:How about a Skyscreamer where Sky Trek is at and it's called "Wonder Woman's Lasso" ??

Let's keep Condor right where it's at :) Sky Trek is never open anymore and is like 45 years old! Or replace Home Town Fun Machine with the Skyscreamer (if it would fit)!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on November 1st, 2021, 1:10 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Coaster Justin wrote:

Let's keep Condor right where it's at :) Sky Trek is never open anymore and is like 45 years old! Or replace Home Town Fun Machine with the Skyscreamer (if it would fit)!

How about replace Dare Devil Dive with a Skyscreamer? Wasn't STT closed due to Covid? I suggested getting rid of Condor cause Six Flags has been removing Huss Rides lately
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum