Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2022 Speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby canadaboy024 on September 11th, 2021, 3:06 pm
New for 2022, The FlashImage

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
canadaboy024

Postby Coaster Justin on September 11th, 2021, 3:21 pm
Fingers Crossed it gets these trains:

926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Sven18 on September 11th, 2021, 4:41 pm
Retheme of V2 has literally been speculated on for like 4 or 5 years. Anyone think Yankee Harbor might eventually be renamed to DC area eventually? The area will now have Joker, Batman, and the Flash. Could retheme Yankee Clipper to Penguin & Whirlwhig to Harley Quinn swings.
Sven18

Postby gottastrata33 on September 11th, 2021, 6:35 pm
Eh, I get it but damnit I love the name & logo.
gottastrata33

Postby anewman35 on September 11th, 2021, 6:36 pm
Sven18 wrote:Retheme of V2 has literally been speculated on for like 4 or 5 years. Anyone think Yankee Harbor might eventually be renamed to DC area eventually? The area will now have Joker, Batman, and the Flash. Could retheme Yankee Clipper to Penguin & Whirlwhig to Harley Quinn swings.

I really hope not, because with the exception of Carousel Plaza and the basically-not-even-really-a-land Metropolis Plaza, every land is themed to an area/time from America's history. This would break that. That said, I doubt they care, and it makes sense from a marketing perspective.
anewman35

Postby onyxhotel08 on September 11th, 2021, 8:48 pm
canadaboy024 wrote:New for 2022, The FlashImage

Wonder why no announcement as been made about 2022 yet? Anywhere. At any park.
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby coasterfanatic on September 11th, 2021, 10:43 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:

Because there’s no flash sale this year. The next years plans were always released days before the Flash sale to drive season pass sales. So no reason to this year, which some of the benefits of the season pass changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby anewman35 on September 12th, 2021, 8:27 am
A few of the parks (SFFT, SFOT) have announced new rides, some other ones (SFSTL, SFDK) announced that their 2020 rides are rolling over. For the rest, they're either saving the announcement for when they think they'll get some bigger bang out of it (Like SFMM, where everybody knows they're getting a coaster) or maybe they're just not getting anything (which could be a combination of Management changes and two weird pandemic years changing plans)
anewman35

Postby JackGlass on September 12th, 2021, 9:07 am
I'm glad they chose to retheme V2 rather than remove it. Still one of my favorites
JackGlass

Postby ilrider on September 12th, 2021, 11:26 am
onyxhotel08 wrote:

SF Fiesta Texas already announced their new B&M dive coaster for next year.
ilrider

Postby onyxhotel08 on September 12th, 2021, 1:47 pm
JackGlass wrote:I'm glad they chose to retheme V2 rather than remove it. Still one of my favorites

I like the idea but to me a re-theme is not a new ride. You can't market it as a new ride. New colors and a name change won't suddenly make it anything different than a ride that is already 20 years old. Hope we get more than just The Flash. And in more I would be fine with just general park improvements.
onyxhotel08

Postby staticshadows on September 12th, 2021, 4:42 pm
Looks like SkyHigh Coasters was at the park on Friday. They have built a lot of rides for the park and removed King Chaos.
staticshadows

Postby Sven18 on September 12th, 2021, 6:00 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:I'm glad they chose to retheme V2 rather than remove it. Still one of my favorites

I like the idea but to me a re-theme is not a new ride. You can't market it as a new ride. New colors and a name change won't suddenly make it anything different than a ride that is already 20 years old. Hope we get more than just The Flash. And in more I would be fine with just general park improvements.

If something substantial was coming in 2022 they surely would have announced it by now. SF in general has quite a few delayed projects to finish across the chain already, 5 from 2020(2 which are coasters) & have 2 brand new coasters SFMM & SFFT. Also, Spanos essentially said every park will not be getting something new every year. So, these revamps/rethemes may become the thing that happens when parks aren't getting an actual "new ride". The retheme with a paint job, news signage, etc...is Capex light given what their delayed projects to finish & they are still operating under the same Capex restraints. The effects of Covid financially aren't passed & they do still have to some trepidation that people are reverting substantially back to passes from the higher price point memberships. The next few quarters financials are going to be very interesting in general, as well as to see the patron base distribution. Will the membership numbers decline more? Will people buy the devalued passes in large numbers that are park specific?
Sven18

Postby anewman35 on September 12th, 2021, 9:05 pm
Sven18 wrote:
onyxhotel08 wrote:

If something substantial was coming in 2022 they surely would have announced it by now.

Devil's advocate here, because I doubt we're getting anything big, but the SFMM coaster is substantial and not announced yet...
anewman35

Postby staticshadows on September 13th, 2021, 9:43 am
Another idea:
Replace Yankee Clipper with a Zamperla Giga Discovery.
staticshadows

Postby Sven18 on September 13th, 2021, 10:25 am
anewman35 wrote:Devil's advocate here, because I doubt we're getting anything big, but the SFMM coaster is substantial and not announced yet...

I wouldn't be so sure SFMM new coaster will open anytime to soon to he point that it's the next announcement season. I'm talking Dec 2022 or early 2023. Even in good times SFMM opens rides July of the year it's suppose to open. SFMM opened WCR late Dec 2019. So far they got 3 months of ROI on it before they had to close the park April 2020 till June 2021. They have literally gotten 6 months of ROI from it. Business sense says they should be in no rush to open a new coaster when they have gotten little ROIC from the last. I would not be at all surprised the reason they are constructing now is that's when the contractors have space in their schedule. Getting anything built right now is a pain, with contractors back logged.
Sven18

Postby Coaster Justin on September 13th, 2021, 3:32 pm
staticshadows wrote:Another idea:

OR Replace V2 with a Giga Discovery

Or Replace Revolution with a Giga Discovery
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby gottastrata33 on September 14th, 2021, 12:05 am
Wow that actually looks really nice there. Loggers is the better of the two flumes. Would love if it were Catwoman or Harley Quinn being next to BTR & Joker.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 14th, 2021, 12:58 pm
anewman35 wrote:
Sven18 wrote:Retheme of V2 has literally been speculated on for like 4 or 5 years. Anyone think Yankee Harbor might eventually be renamed to DC area eventually? The area will now have Joker, Batman, and the Flash. Could retheme Yankee Clipper to Penguin & Whirlwhig to Harley Quinn swings.

I really hope not, because with the exception of Carousel Plaza and the basically-not-even-really-a-land Metropolis Plaza, every land is themed to an area/time from America's history. This would break that. That said, I doubt they care, and it makes sense from a marketing perspective.

I totally agree with you on this point! I'd hate to see any of the areas renamed or rethemed. The park will lose its nostalgia
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 14th, 2021, 1:00 pm
^ What could fit in Hometown's plot? That to me would be the most likely ride to go, and then Revolution.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby onyxhotel08 on September 14th, 2021, 6:35 pm
staticshadows wrote:Another idea:

I don't see the flumes or Roaring Rapids leaving anytime soon. We need those water rides. We lost Splashwater Falls and Buccaneer Battle has been a disaster. Roaring Rapids is still the most popular water attraction in the dry park. Logger's Run is still quite busy. Not sure why Yankee Clipper is always down or opens/closes later, but again I think all three are needed as those that don't go to Hurricane Harbor want that option to cool down on a hot summer day.

Has it even been confirmed that Roaring Rapids didn't open due to rehab? Was this the first year it was not in operation? Just realized RR hasn't ran since 2019! They really should've did it last year when the entire park was closed. Weird they did not put up a sign like with V2 that it will be back next year. Just removed all signage and that's it.
onyxhotel08

Postby jmanporty7 on September 15th, 2021, 10:14 am
Well hello everyone, it's been a long time since I've been on this site. COVID closing the parks down last year really drained my interest in the amusement industry for a while, but I started to regain my love for it over the last few months. I got a lot to catch up on. Anyone remember me? No? Well, ok, that's fine. :lol: :lol:

Anyways. I'm actually really happy to see that V2 will be sticking around for a while, given the supposed retheme it's getting. That being said, I wish that V2 should be rethemed to the Riddler instead the Flash, and give it a similar green and gold color scheme that SFNE gave to their SLC. Why I say that? I think they should retheme the Yankee Harbor to a Batman themed area, like SFOG is doing with the area around their BTR clone. Yankee Harbor already has BTR and Joker, and they could easily retheme the remaining rides in the area and repaint some of the building to fit with the new Gotham themed area. They could call the area Gotham Harbor, and retheme Whirligig to Catwoman and add a Harley Quinn themed Zamperla Giant/Giga Discovery to replace the Yankee Clipper station area like staticshadows suggested.

This is all just wishful thinking and I know this has a slim chance of actually happening, but I decided to just share my ideas with the group and see what you all thought.
jmanporty7

Postby staticshadows on September 15th, 2021, 2:29 pm
Based on other parks in the chain, Whirligig would probably be renamed to one of these names:

SF New England: GOTHAM CITY™ Crime Wave
SF Mexico: Gotham City Super Villains
SF Fiesta Texas: DC™ Super-Villains Swing
SF Over Georgia: DC SUPER VILLAINS Swing
staticshadows

Postby onyxhotel08 on September 15th, 2021, 2:40 pm
In 2021, Six Flags New England removed Goliath from the park map, and a park representative confirmed it would not operate for the remainder of the season. Future plans for the ride have not yet been announced.

Hmmmmm. Interesting. Thoughts?
onyxhotel08

Postby HCF on September 16th, 2021, 4:23 pm
I don't really expect anything other than a repaint and rename, I like the direction the chain is going in with how they handle overhauls but I doubt that will become of anything, after all, Great America is not known for its theming and atmosphere, which is unfortunate because I really do believe we need to improve the parks appearance before we add any new rides.
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum