Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2022 passes

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby anewman35 on August 23rd, 2021, 7:16 pm
Saw on Reddit that 2022 passes are now available, but they're making them a lot worse - they're charging more than just a 2021 pass at this point (in the past the first time the next year was available was as part of the Flash Sale, and there was just one price), you no longer get bring a friend free, it's no longer good at all Six Flags, and it appears there are limits and/or blackout dates for Fright Fest and HITP. Remains to be seen if they'll have a Flash Sale and if it'll be any better, but otherwise pretty clear push towards memberships.
anewman35

Postby UnclePennybags on August 23rd, 2021, 8:26 pm
I received an email from Six Flags last week that mentioned a discounted offer arriving via email this Thursday (Aug 29). I had assumed that everyone received the same:

"We’re putting our 2022 Season Passes on sale next week. In appreciation for your patience, patronage, and support, we are going to send you a deeply discounted special offer on 2022 Season Passes.

You’ll receive your special offer by email on Thursday, August 26. Please do not buy your 2022 Season Passes from our regular website at the regular price."
UnclePennybags

Postby FParker185 on August 23rd, 2021, 9:50 pm
I received the same email from SFStL where I got my pass
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Sven18 on August 23rd, 2021, 10:12 pm
SF putting a premium to access to all parks is something they should have done long ago. The difference is only a few bucks on the Pass vs lowest Membership.

Pass is $80
Gold Member is $6.99/mth...$84/yr

Gold Member makes little sense if you're getting season dining
Gold Membership w/ Premium Dining(gets drinks) is $16.98/mth
Platinum Membership w/ Deluxe Dining is $16.79/mth, get drinks w/ membership level.
Sven18

Postby Sven18 on August 26th, 2021, 2:19 pm
The deal for 2020/21 pass holders is 2022 Season pass for $49.99 instead of the current $79.99

I'm becoming skeptical there will be some big Flash Sale Deal. Normally they announce 2022 prices with the Flash Deal & they already have 2022 prices. Membership prices don't seem to change & they are already doing no processing fee.

Also, the fact is they are trying to push memberships w/ the pass only being for home park.

Renew Pass w/ Premium Dining is $149.98 + tax + processing
New Pass w/ Premium Dining is $189.98 + tax + processing
Gold Plus Membership w/ Premium Dining is $16.98/mth ($203.76 for yr) + tax
Platinum Membership w/ Premium Dining is $16.79/mth ($201.48 for yr) + tax
Last edited by Sven18 on August 26th, 2021, 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sven18

Postby anewman35 on August 26th, 2021, 7:03 pm
That actually is quite a bit cheaper, more than I expected. But, yeah, I agree at this point probably no flash sale - they even just put it in the new newsletter just pretty matter of factly, so that might just be it.
anewman35

Postby Jodon on August 27th, 2021, 7:30 am
Has anyone on here received the 2022 season pass email from the park/corporate? I thought the emails were supposed to be sent out yesterday and I never got one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jodon

Postby ribsinbacon on August 27th, 2021, 7:31 am
Jodon wrote:Has anyone on here received the 2022 season pass email from the park/corporate? I thought the emails were supposed to be sent out yesterday and I never got one.

I have not received one yet either
I've lost my coaster count.
ribsinbacon

Postby Sven18 on August 27th, 2021, 9:17 am
Jodon wrote:Has anyone on here received the 2022 season pass email from the park/corporate? I thought the emails were supposed to be sent out yesterday and I never got one.

Go to the website and click on the special offer 2022 passes. Put in your email you use for SF or your pass number. It's a pass for $50, as mentioned already
Sven18

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 27th, 2021, 1:14 pm
Looks like the special deal expires after 4 days (end of day Sunday)

Also, it appears that a Gold Plus Membership (6.99 / month) + Deluxe Member Dining (4.99 / month) is slightly cheaper than Gold Season Pass (49.99) + premium dining (99.99).

The difference appears to be that with Deluxe Member Dining, you don't get drinks. I never get the drinks so I wish they had a dining plan for season pass that was the same as the Premium dining for Members....

I really hate monthly recurring charges so I'll probably get the Gold Pass + Premium dining since I'm not planning on going to any other parks next year.

Plus it seems like a headache to cancel the Membership if you want to revert to a Season Pass.
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on August 27th, 2021, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby UnclePennybags on August 27th, 2021, 1:46 pm
I just got my email offer 10 minutes ago. Didn't know if they forgot about me or not.

$50 is a good deal, but I still want a Flash sale so I can get some of the add-ons, all of which are more expensive than a Season pass.
UnclePennybags

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 27th, 2021, 1:47 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:I just got my email offer 10 minutes ago. Didn't know if they forgot about me or not.

$50 is a good deal, but I still want a Flash sale so I can get some of the add-ons, all of which are more expensive than a Season pass.

You think the Premium Dining (for a Season pass) will be cheaper than the current 99.99 ?

It actually seems that the dining that I can buy today is for 2021.......

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterManiac on August 27th, 2021, 2:04 pm
Do you guys think the monthly membership costs will be reduced in future sales?
CoasterManiac

Postby ilrider on August 27th, 2021, 4:10 pm
Great deal on the passes, so I think we will just stick with those. I hate monthly payments, and we have no plans to go to St. Louis next year, which would be the only reason for us to get the membership. We don’t need the perks. If the pass price goes back up to similar to the membership next year, then maybe we will switch so we can go to any park. I am not happy with being forced into the membership to go to any park unless we can pay it in a lump sum though. Robb Alvey is really pissed over it and contacting SF. lol
ilrider

Postby UnclePennybags on August 27th, 2021, 8:06 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:You think the Premium Dining (for a Season pass) will be cheaper than the current 99.99 ?

It actually seems that the dining that I can buy today is for 2021.......

During the 2019 Labor Day sale, I was able to pick up a Platinum Season Flash Pass for $230. It's currently going for $400. I'm hoping to see a better price before Fright Fest.
UnclePennybags

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 27th, 2021, 10:52 pm
^ Hopefully they send email out about Flash Sale (if there is one).

CoasterRiderSC

Postby FParker185 on August 28th, 2021, 2:23 am
my email from SFStL is offering me a season pass for $39.99. Even though I have no valid reason to visit SFGAm next year, I may still get it, even a single visit to SFStL and it's paid off like 3x over

:edit:
Just looked, the pass is only good at SFStL, only members now have access to more than one SF park. Looks like my days of being a SF passholder are in the past.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby anewman35 on August 28th, 2021, 12:34 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^ Hopefully they send email out about Flash Sale (if there is one).

I feel like there's no way there's a flash sale now. You'd get too many people pissed that they bought the passes when the first came out (which is what we were always 'trained' to do) and now they're way cheaper. It's why they warned pass holders NOT to do that.
anewman35

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 28th, 2021, 1:04 pm
anewman35 wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^ Hopefully they send email out about Flash Sale (if there is one).

I feel like there's no way there's a flash sale now. You'd get too many people pissed that they bought the passes when the first came out (which is what we were always 'trained' to do) and now they're way cheaper. It's why they warned pass holders NOT to do that.

I understand what you're saying. But when I bought the Season Pass there was no option to add 2022 Premium Dining onto it. I was surprised by that and was expecting to be able to add it on.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby anewman35 on August 28th, 2021, 2:12 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
anewman35 wrote:

I understand what you're saying. But when I bought the Season Pass there was no option to add 2022 Premium Dining onto it. I was surprised by that and was expecting to be able to add it on.

Hmm. Maybe they're planning on getting rid of season dining passes and making it a membership only thing, like going to other parks? Otherwise doesn't make a ton of sense (they have a 2022 photo pass available...)
anewman35

Postby ribsinbacon on August 28th, 2021, 4:40 pm
At this point I'm more interested to see if they'll have a discount on the membership pricing
I've lost my coaster count.
ribsinbacon

Postby Sven18 on August 28th, 2021, 11:15 pm
There is season dining for passes in 2022, didn't buy one, if you click thru 2022 new passes for new for 79.99 you can buy premium dining for 109.99 & basic for 59.99.

The fact it's not showing up for the 49.99 discount offer is probably just bad programming by SF. I believe a few years back they started doing website design & maintenance in house.
Sven18

Postby anewman35 on August 29th, 2021, 4:10 pm
ribsinbacon wrote:At this point I'm more interested to see if they'll have a discount on the membership pricing

Their frequently asked questions say (as they've said for a long time, I think) that they'll never lower membership prices. What I think we have seen them do is offer free upgrades, so technically the same price but for more.

When is the best time to sign up for a Membership?
Today is the best day to sign up for a Membership.

OK, maybe not “today.” But there will never be a better day to buy a Membership. Unlike Season Passes which go on sale at various times of the year, we’ve structured our Membership program so that the monthly price is always the lowest it will ever be. As far as we know right now, you will never find a Membership priced lower than it is today (plans could change of course, but we honestly haven’t discussed lowering the price more than it already is. These prices are as low as we feel comfortable with).

With that said, while the price won’t go down, it will definitely go up. We don’t know when. Probably not today or tomorrow, but at some point we will likely raise the price.
anewman35

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 29th, 2021, 8:22 pm
^ I'm kind of curious why only Season passholders got the nice discount and not the members.

Is it because they removed the benefit of ALL parks and the free friend days from 2022 Passholders?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Sven18 on September 6th, 2021, 10:25 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^ I'm kind of curious why only Season passholders got the nice discount and not the members.

Is it because they removed the benefit of ALL parks and the free friend days from 2022 Passholders?

There was no discount for members b/c SF doesn't want members to revert to season passes. SF has lost 600K members since 2019 & gained 700K pass holders. A lot of people that had or tried memberships reverted to passes. Now, by essentially completely taking away every benefit from passes they are trying to stop that. A Gold plus membership is now $6.99/mth or approximately $84/yr, if you wanted to downgrade from Gold Plus to a 2022 pass it's now $79.99. The $4 extra for membership comes with a bunch of benefits (many which were on the pre 2018 passes),including now access to all parks. It makes little sense to downgrade. Gold plus membership has essentially become the old Gold pass of pre 2018.
Sven18

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum