Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFGAm Now Open at 25% Capacity, Bridge Phase May 14th

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby DejaVu2001 on March 25th, 2021, 4:35 pm
Reservations are now open. The top of the page still says "check back soon", but if you scroll down and click make reservation, everything works
DejaVu2001

Postby gottastrata33 on March 26th, 2021, 2:07 am
DejaVu2001 wrote:Reservations are now open. The top of the page still says "check back soon", but if you scroll down and click make reservation, everything works

We're all reserved & ready to go for opening day!
gottastrata33

Postby JimPanky on March 26th, 2021, 8:21 am
Do we know how the park is going to be? Is there a reservation system for rides like they were planning last year?

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk
JimPanky

Postby DejaVu2001 on March 26th, 2021, 8:31 am
There are no plans for any type of ride reservation system. No such system has been implemented at any other SF park, and state guidelines do not require it.
DejaVu2001

Postby batmanfan80 on March 31st, 2021, 8:02 pm
Do you guys think this will even be worth it? Demand was already far outstripping supply most of the time before. I imagine it's gonna be a lot of "well I tried to make a reservation, but stuff is already booked solid for the next two months". But maybe a large percentage of members won't have the discipline to actually book anything since so many pass holder and member visits appeared to be spur of the moment choices. Distancing people in lines is gonna be tough, I don't think a lot of people are going to adhere to it. The whole YOLO crowd and all. Though I could also see them not wanting to bother making the reservations in the first place. Then we have these covid variants that spread 2.5x+ faster than the original. Most of the vaccines are only effective against original covid and B117, not the others. But these can still be picked up and spread amongst vaccinated people to those who are unvaccinated. Without masks, b117 infection can occur in one second. So I think we're going to see major restrictions on the dining aspect, or Six Flags will start requiring everyone upload proof of vaccination to a system before showing up(as they've been hinting at in their surveys). Brings me to another point. The kids wouldn't necessarily be able to go and that frees up a ton of spots in line. I'm sure a significant portion of Republican voters also won't comply with vaccine passports, so, maybe that also decreases demand.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with, I think it's going to be a lot of trial and error.
batmanfan80

Postby JimPanky on March 31st, 2021, 8:15 pm
We went twice last year to the water park and had a great time. Also at Magic Waters. I'm sure it will be fine.
I'm very pro when it comes to realistic restrictions but even the new variants do not transfer in a second. That is false information.

JimPanky

Postby Coaster Justin on March 31st, 2021, 8:21 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:Looking through the guidelines again, looks like Justice League and Dark Knight will have to remain closed until Phase 5. Capacity for indoor rides in Phase 4 is lesser of 50 people or 50% capacity, and the bridge phase only increases that to 100 people.

Wonder if it includes Rue Le Dodge and Chubasco which are indoors but not enclosed?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Carlo on March 31st, 2021, 8:37 pm
I do not think the demand is there. Reservations has been open for a while and there are still opening for Opening day. I think most people are still staying home. Also you have remember how many people have lost there jobs and can not afford to go anymore. As for safety, I think being outside in open air with an Mask on is fairly safe, especially since they are going to clean the ride vehicle on every cycle.
Carlo
Carlo

Postby DejaVu2001 on March 31st, 2021, 9:09 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
DejaVu2001 wrote:Looking through the guidelines again, looks like Justice League and Dark Knight will have to remain closed until Phase 5. Capacity for indoor rides in Phase 4 is lesser of 50 people or 50% capacity, and the bridge phase only increases that to 100 people.

Wonder if it includes Rue Le Dodge and Chubasco which are indoors but not enclosed?

I think Chubasco and Rue Le Dodge should be fine, though Rue Le Dodge may have to avoid using the indoor portion of the queue. If they are considered indoor for the purpose of the regulations, you would simply keep 50 or less people on the ride. Chubasco and Rue Le Dodge both have a capacity of 60 (12 cups of 5, 30 cars of 2), so 50 wouldn't be that big a hit, since not everyone pairs up even under normal circumstances.
DejaVu2001

Postby coasterfanatic on March 31st, 2021, 9:49 pm
They rarely hit 10,000 early in the season anyways. So I don’t think capacity will be an issue until June when hopefully we will have some expanded capacity by then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby anewman35 on April 1st, 2021, 8:20 am
JimPanky wrote:We went twice last year to the water park and had a great time. Also at Magic Waters. I'm sure it will be fine.
I'm very pro when it comes to realistic restrictions but even the new variants do not transfer in a second. That is false information.

Also not true that the vaccines don't work against most variants...

My personal feeling, if you're worried about getting Covid, don't go until you're vaccinated, because it probably won't be as safe as you'd want. But there are plenty of people who either aren't worried or are vaccinated (and more every day), and a lot of pent up demand, so I'm sure they'll still get crowds.
anewman35

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 1st, 2021, 4:22 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:
Coaster Justin wrote:

I think Chubasco and Rue Le Dodge should be fine, though Rue Le Dodge may have to avoid using the indoor portion of the queue. If they are considered indoor for the purpose of the regulations, you would simply keep 50 or less people on the ride. Chubasco and Rue Le Dodge both have a capacity of 60 (12 cups of 5, 30 cars of 2), so 50 wouldn't be that big a hit, since not everyone pairs up even under normal circumstances.

As for indoors, what about Batman?? Some of its queue is indoors......
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 1st, 2021, 4:24 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:Here is the link with the complete guidelines for amusement parks. Highlights will be listed below

https://dceocovid19resources.com/restor ... ent-parks/

Park capacity is limited to 25% in Phase 4, 60% in the Bridge Phase

Visitors from outside the state or country should receive a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of their visit to the park
I have no idea how they expect this to be enforced, or if they even realize how big an issue this is given SFGAm's proximity to the Wisconsin border

Ensure at least 6-ft between seats on rides occupied by park guests that are not members of the same household or party
So while other parks fortunately are relaxing distancing ON rides, SFGAm's ride capacity will be absolutely decimated

Amusement park rides should be sanitized after every ride cycle
Again, ride capacity will be horrible

Am I the only one who sees this as a major HIPAA violation (asking about negative test or mandating a vaccine passport) ?? A person's medical records and data are private.......
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on April 1st, 2021, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby anewman35 on April 1st, 2021, 4:57 pm
They're not actually asking about a test or a vaccine passport. But even if they did, people REALLY misunderstand HIPAA. Of course they could ASK, and they also could prevent you from going on their PRIVATE PROPERTY if you refused. HIPAA just says they couldn't then share that information about you without your permission.
anewman35

Postby Coaster Justin on April 7th, 2021, 6:07 pm
Going on the 25th. Just made a reservation
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby gottastrata33 on April 9th, 2021, 12:16 am
We will bring our vaccination cards/passports just in case. I'm wondering about capacity with reservations. You needed them for Fiesta Texas but they didn't check them at all & the park was so damn packed, had to go a second day. So I'm assuming you can still make a reservation but really it's gonna be first come first serve til 25% is capped, right?
gottastrata33

Postby DejaVu2001 on April 9th, 2021, 11:23 am
The Illinois Amusement Park guidelines have been revised. The statement that employees should stay at the same ride for their entire shift has been removed. Also, the sanitization interval for rides has been changed from every cycle to every hour.
DejaVu2001

Postby gottastrata33 on April 24th, 2021, 10:25 pm
To anyone & everyone who attended today, hope you feel the same - it felt so good to be back at the park. A lot of things were in pretty rough shape though sadly. Started the day at Maxx. That new near miss with Tsunami is pretty sweet, I'll admit. Doesn't look as invasive as I assumed it would look. It's very shiny & nice looking. Expect those damn stairs. Lol

The weather was perfect most of the day & I got my "made up" VIP pass today. I thought things went pretty well but the park was handing out comp tickets to use for anytime this year til Sept. 6th apologizing that opening day didn't go as planned. Only issue we had was that any dining we attempted, our passes said we had to be in the park to use dining. So that was an annoying fix but I dont know what else could have gone wrong unless everyone was experiencing that issue.
gottastrata33

Postby Galvan on April 25th, 2021, 12:43 am
batmanfan80 wrote:Do you guys think this will even be worth it? Demand was already far outstripping supply most of the time before. I imagine it's gonna be a lot of "well I tried to make a reservation, but stuff is already booked solid for the next two months". But maybe a large percentage of members won't have the discipline to actually book anything since so many pass holder and member visits appeared to be spur of the moment choices. Distancing people in lines is gonna be tough, I don't think a lot of people are going to adhere to it. The whole YOLO crowd and all. Though I could also see them not wanting to bother making the reservations in the first place. Then we have these covid variants that spread 2.5x+ faster than the original. Most of the vaccines are only effective against original covid and B117, not the others. But these can still be picked up and spread amongst vaccinated people to those who are unvaccinated. Without masks, b117 infection can occur in one second. So I think we're going to see major restrictions on the dining aspect, or Six Flags will start requiring everyone upload proof of vaccination to a system before showing up(as they've been hinting at in their surveys). Brings me to another point. The kids wouldn't necessarily be able to go and that frees up a ton of spots in line. I'm sure a significant portion of Republican voters also won't comply with vaccine passports, so, maybe that also decreases demand.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with, I think it's going to be a lot of trial and error.

What a ridiculously awful post.

Full of fear mongering and misinformation.

I won’t even mention the ridiculous political agenda you’re trying to pull either.
Galvan

Postby ernstwhere on April 25th, 2021, 11:23 am
gottastrata33 wrote:To anyone & everyone who attended today, hope you feel the same - it felt so good to be back at the park. A lot of things were in pretty rough shape though sadly. Started the day at Maxx. That new near miss with Tsunami is pretty sweet, I'll admit. Doesn't look as invasive as I assumed it would look. It's very shiny & nice looking. Expect those damn stairs. Lol

The weather was perfect most of the day & I got my "made up" VIP pass today. I thought things went pretty well but the park was handing out comp tickets to use for anytime this year til Sept. 6th apologizing that opening day didn't go as planned. Only issue we had was that any dining we attempted, our passes said we had to be in the park to use dining. So that was an annoying fix but I dont know what else could have gone wrong unless everyone was experiencing that issue.

That's interesting. I wonder if anyone knows the reason for the apology and handing out comps. How did you feel about the rollout of the covid policies?
ernstwhere

Postby Goku1910 on April 25th, 2021, 12:41 pm
I got the comp ticket as well. I was only told it's an appreciation for coming. Nothing was mentioned about how things weren't going to plan.

As for the park updates, food service was iffy, registers were having trouble everywhere I went and it wasn't processing my discount properly resulting in a visit to member services.

Glad I got on Maxx early in the day because it was having a bad day in the afternoon. Goliath was also having a hard time later in the day going down several times in a row.

I stand by my earlier statements when I say the park is in dire need of upkeep. Compared to a place like Cedar Point or King's Island the park looks run-down in places. Even the soccer game in County Fair had its netting completely torn.

If we skipped new rides for a year or two to make the park look tidy, I'd be perfectly fine with it.
Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 25th, 2021, 1:40 pm
anewman35 wrote:They're not actually asking about a test or a vaccine passport. But even if they did, people REALLY misunderstand HIPAA. Of course they could ASK, and they also could prevent you from going on their PRIVATE PROPERTY if you refused. HIPAA just says they couldn't then share that information about you without your permission.

I think we'll end up seeing a major court case (perhaps to the SCOTUS) over vaccine passports, asking about personal health situations, etc. Many states are already banning vaccine passports.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 25th, 2021, 1:44 pm
Galvan wrote:
batmanfan80 wrote:Do you guys think this will even be worth it? Demand was already far outstripping supply most of the time before. I imagine it's gonna be a lot of "well I tried to make a reservation, but stuff is already booked solid for the next two months". But maybe a large percentage of members won't have the discipline to actually book anything since so many pass holder and member visits appeared to be spur of the moment choices. Distancing people in lines is gonna be tough, I don't think a lot of people are going to adhere to it. The whole YOLO crowd and all. Though I could also see them not wanting to bother making the reservations in the first place. Then we have these covid variants that spread 2.5x+ faster than the original. Most of the vaccines are only effective against original covid and B117, not the others. But these can still be picked up and spread amongst vaccinated people to those who are unvaccinated. Without masks, b117 infection can occur in one second. So I think we're going to see major restrictions on the dining aspect, or Six Flags will start requiring everyone upload proof of vaccination to a system before showing up(as they've been hinting at in their surveys). Brings me to another point. The kids wouldn't necessarily be able to go and that frees up a ton of spots in line. I'm sure a significant portion of Republican voters also won't comply with vaccine passports, so, maybe that also decreases demand.

What a ridiculously awful post.

Full of fear mongering and misinformation.

I won’t even mention the ridiculous political agenda you’re trying to pull either.

Galvan - I agree with your statements 100%!!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on April 26th, 2021, 11:46 am
Sooo you asked about policies - there were markers on the ground but no one to keep people separate. The front gate was a mess. All the ques were a mess. Again there are markers. But people do not follow it. There are sanitation crews goin around to sanitize the rides every hour. They will roll out a "clean cycle" each time with no passengers after that. There are hand sanitizer pumps throughout the park, all water fountains are gone & metal detectors/bags checks have changed completely. It's interesting for sure.

But Goku1910 is absolutely right - & that's what I wanted To come on here to say - I'm floored by how horrendous the park looks. In dire need of an upkeep indeed. It looks like the park was closed for several years. The amount of holes in buildings (I'm assuming from holiday in the park damages idk), paint chipping, rust, maxxs station STILL not painted, the carousel pond rotted, the bricks fading or falling apart, ...its a lot.
gottastrata33

Postby DejaVu2001 on April 26th, 2021, 1:37 pm
There is certainly a lot of work still to be done, but if you look around, you will see several buildings that have been painted or had roofs replaced.
DejaVu2001

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum