Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

So...what ride will SFGAM remove next?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby staticshadows on October 28th, 2020, 2:28 pm
From today's earnings call:
In addition, optimizing our rides will save us enough capex to fund a new ride every single year. Our park Presidents, engineers and maintenance teams have studied the performance of each and every ride, calculating the cost against the ride's throughput productivity. We now know which rides to redeploy across parks, which rides need to be refurbished, and which can be removed entirely. We are eliminating 15 underperforming rides this year, reducing maintenance costs, and freeing up significant capex resources.

https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2020/10/28/six-flags-entertainment-corp-six-q3-2020-earnings/
staticshadows

Postby JackGlass on October 28th, 2020, 8:58 pm
Bye Bye Buccaneer Battle
JackGlass

Postby JT2002 on October 29th, 2020, 12:56 am
JackGlass wrote:Bye Bye Buccaneer Battle

PLEASE
JT2002

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 29th, 2020, 1:49 pm
Hometown Junk Machine can go!!! Very inefficient ride and redundant since we have Fiddler's Fling.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on November 6th, 2020, 1:56 pm
This year has f***** up so much. I'm really worried about what rides will be removed from each park but hoping they choose wisely as in old vs new. & just cause they could/would take out BB here, does not mean it'll be replaced with anything for a long time. They're removing rides cause of costs, not to build new attractions. & that just plain sucks.
gottastrata33

Postby Coaster Justin on November 7th, 2020, 12:38 am
Does anyone hope the 15 rides will be a ride-relocation?

Like; Send Buccaneer Battle to SFGAdv (Needs another water ride) and they give us a few rides from Looney Tunes Seaport (Maybe put Buccaneer Battle where Looney Tunes Seaport is?). That could be 6 rides there.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby anewman35 on November 7th, 2020, 1:15 am
Coaster Justin wrote:Does anyone hope the 15 rides will be a ride-relocation?

Like; Send Buccaneer Battle to SFGAdv (Needs another water ride) and they give us a few rides from Looney Tunes Seaport (Maybe put Buccaneer Battle where Looney Tunes Seaport is?). That could be 6 rides there.

Read what they said. Just moving a few small rides around doesn't really accomplish what they're trying to accomplish. This isn't like a game where they had to come up with 15 things and are trying to figure out the least painful way possible - they're trying to save money and it seems unlikely a bunch of little kiddie rides does anything.

It's maybe possible to read into what they say that some of the underperforming rides being 'eliminated' are being moved to a more appropriate park and thus would longer be underperforming, but I wouldn't count on it.
anewman35

Postby JackGlass on November 8th, 2020, 4:53 pm
http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_fla ... n_lake.htm

Looks like Predator at Darien lake will get "Titan track" from GCI. Looks like Predator is one of the rides that's being redeployed and refurbished.

I wonder if American Eagle will get this Titan track as well
JackGlass

Postby Sven18 on November 8th, 2020, 6:52 pm
JackGlass wrote:http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_darien_lake.htm

Looks like Predator at Darien lake will get "Titan track" from GCI. Looks like Predator is one of the rides that's being redeployed and refurbished.

I wonder if American Eagle will get this Titan track as well

The "Titan Track" by GCI can just replace small sections like they did at Fun Spot on White Lightning. So, the extent to which Predator may or may not be see refurbishment is questionable. SFDL is a small park which SF only leases and does not own, so making a complete refurb may not be done. It's not like the Starflyer they put at DL, which can be removed at lease end easily, compared to a wooden coaster with a hybrid refurb. Regarding AE, there is the possibility if they do anything they just put the Titan track on the worst sections and the sections that they have to do constant maintenance on. All wood coasters just have spots that just deteriorate and become rough that replacing with Titan Track would stop. I just don't think SFGAM is going to do a full hybridization of AE with GCI or RMC
Sven18

Postby JackGlass on November 8th, 2020, 7:08 pm
Thanks for the info Sven18. I hate to see Eagle in the sad shape its currently in. Even if they redo certain sections of it with Titan track it's better than nothing!
JackGlass

Postby Coaster Justin on November 9th, 2020, 3:49 pm
JackGlass wrote:Thanks for the info Sven18. I hate to see Eagle in the sad shape its currently in. Even if they redo certain sections of it with Titan track...

Like the Helix's?

Coaster Justin

Postby RobSFGAm on November 9th, 2020, 8:56 pm
I think, assume, my guess, etc. ... V2 will be gone before next spring.
1) it has some life left where it can be used by another park
2) Maxx Force is bigger and better ride and a bit redundant (launch).
3) The thrill factor has worn off at our park.
RobSFGAm

Postby JackGlass on November 9th, 2020, 9:03 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
JackGlass wrote:Thanks for the info Sven18. I hate to see Eagle in the sad shape its currently in. Even if they redo certain sections of it with Titan track...

Like the Helix's?

Sure! The helix needs some TLC
JackGlass

Postby Coaster Justin on November 13th, 2020, 11:13 am
RobSFGAm wrote:I think, assume, my guess, etc. ... V2 will be gone before next spring.
1) it has some life left where it can be used by another park
2) Maxx Force is bigger and better ride and a bit redundant (launch).
3) The thrill factor has worn off at our park.

Not making a joke but I could see it go to Six Flags America
... Would probably fit the Penguins Blizzard River area

Coaster Justin

Postby JackGlass on November 13th, 2020, 3:44 pm
Screamscape suggests Yankee Clipper might get the axe

At this point, I would be happy if all the water rides were removed from the dry park. They take up a ton of room that could be used for some amazing coasters. Plus we have Hurricane Harbor.
JackGlass

Postby anewman35 on November 14th, 2020, 12:15 am
JackGlass wrote:Screamscape suggests Yankee Clipper might get the axe

At this point, I would be happy if all the water rides were removed from the dry park. They take up a ton of room that could be used for some amazing coasters. Plus we have Hurricane Harbor.

I feel like we've had this debate before. Probably ok with getting rid of a water ride or two, because, yes, the flumes are old and take up a lot of space. But I don't think that HH means we don't need water rides. When I go to the park, I'm planning to do one or the other. I don't know if I'm unusual here, but hopping on a water ride is way different than having to go to HH and change into a swimsuit and everything.
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on November 14th, 2020, 2:06 am
anewman35 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:Screamscape suggests Yankee Clipper might get the axe

I feel like we've had this debate before. Probably ok with getting rid of a water ride or two, because, yes, the flumes are old and take up a lot of space. But I don't think that HH means we don't need water rides. When I go to the park, I'm planning to do one or the other. I don't know if I'm unusual here, but hopping on a water ride is way different than having to go to HH and change into a swimsuit and everything.

Completely agree. Water rides are essential to a theme park whether you see it or not. A lot of flumes & chutes are dying down but there are plenty of modern day water attractions that can be built. Had things been "normal" I for sure saw the power splash makin it's way through the chain. Now with this being over cost, I too see the flumes gettin the axe. If that happens, I guarantee it's replacement down the line would be a water coaster/attraction.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on December 1st, 2020, 7:47 am
They could remove all of this (Relocate the kids rides and games) and install a Jersey Devil clone.

Does the Grand Music Hall add monetary value to the park? Or would they be better off getting rid of theaters completely? Time will tell
Attachments
2Q-1-1.jpg
JackGlass

Postby Coaster Justin on December 1st, 2020, 5:58 pm
You shut your mouth about removing Grand Music Hall. No Love at First Fright? Blasphemy!

Remove the Go Karts.

Coaster Justin

Postby JackGlass on December 2nd, 2020, 9:44 am
Coaster Justin wrote:You shut your mouth about removing Grand Music Hall. No Love at First Fright? Blasphemy!

Remove the Go Karts.

I hope Six Flags buries the hatch with Gerstlauer. They could fit a great family spinner or an infinity coaster in the Go Kart plot of land.
JackGlass

Postby Coaster Justin on December 2nd, 2020, 3:41 pm
JackGlass wrote:
Coaster Justin wrote:You shut your mouth about removing Grand Music Hall. No Love at First Fright? Blasphemy!

Remove the Go Karts.

I hope Six Flags buries the hatch with Gerstlauer. They could fit a great family spinner or an infinity coaster in the Go Kart plot of land.

To quote Drew the Intern “A couple million bucks here and there can patch up a friendship”

Coaster Justin

Postby JackGlass on March 15th, 2021, 9:46 pm
Crazy Bus has been removed from Great Americas website. Looks like that entire kids section could possibly be removed or refurbished.
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on March 16th, 2021, 4:13 am
JackGlass wrote:

Remove the Go Karts.

Omg I'd LOVE a spinner in that plot. But I've always wanted one of the new vekoma family inverts there. Think it'd look great next to Batman. Catwoman anyone? So remove the damn go karts.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 1st, 2021, 4:03 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:

Remove the Go Karts.

Omg I'd LOVE a spinner in that plot. But I've always wanted one of the new vekoma family inverts there. Think it'd look great next to Batman. Catwoman anyone? So remove the damn go karts.

Something like Dragonflier?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on May 6th, 2021, 9:03 am
Yes, exactly that. So remove the damn go Karts next & install one of those.
gottastrata33

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum