Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

What was your favorite season?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby AirTimeDaz on January 23rd, 2017, 10:34 pm
Well for personal reasons 2013 was pretty memorable. Got a chance to ride Batman & Viper a bazillion times for the commercials for namtaB, repiV and one last time on good ole Ragin Cajun with scary monster actors for a fright fest ad before they ripped her out of the ground and sent her to SFA :)
AirTimeDaz

Postby CoasterNick3157 on January 24th, 2017, 1:53 am
MrRy10 wrote:and DejaVu didn't even open until Fright Fest and was having major periods downtime every day it operated. That season went down in the books as an epic fail.

After how many cycles did Vu go down?[/quote]
i Rode it the first day it was open as soon as the park opnened and by 12 pm it was done for the day. The 2nd tower would not catch that damn train to save our lives
CoasterNick3157

Postby CoasterNick3157 on January 24th, 2017, 1:54 am
As for best year for me was 1992 batman the ride was new and was my first major coaster
CoasterNick3157

Postby CoasterCale on January 24th, 2017, 11:10 am
I'm wanting to say 2015 was my favorite season. People were starting to get over the hype of Goliath, meaning that the line died down considerably. I also started hanging out with a great group of friends more constantly. I started writing for Planet Six and attended my first and only Media Day. Finally it was my first season to Hurricane Harbor even though I'd been a SPH since 2011.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby [jonrev] on January 31st, 2017, 3:18 am
[jonrev]

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on February 1st, 2017, 10:44 am
Mine was 2014. I had just gotten into roller coasters in summer 2013 so we bought season passes for 2014 at FF 2013. That season pass was used coast to coast from SFMM to SFA, and it was the year i went to SFGAm the most. Everything seemed fresh and it was a great year, if only I could get that same feeling back. Still fun the last few years though.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CH820 on February 2nd, 2017, 12:30 pm
I'm dating myself but the best seasons, for me, were '92-'95.

I was a young teenager
Batman was, in our opinion, the wolds best coaster.
I was able to go at least once or twice a week all summer long.
People didn't walk around with their faces buried in their phone.
We had Sportsfest (or whatever they called it) where I got to see Shaq's gigantic game worn shoe.
Q101 did live remotes every week in front of Aunt Martha's. I used to win CD's, concert tickets, stickers etc.
The park just seemed cleaner, better taken care of, and safer (though maybe it's all in my head).

I didn't visit the park from 1999-2015, and boy did a lot change!
CH820

Postby FParker185 on February 2nd, 2017, 7:22 pm
It's not in your head.

For me I have to go with 97-99 was the best years. As soon as Premeir bought Six Flags, the park nosedived in a big way.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Coaster Justin on February 3rd, 2017, 12:23 pm
FParker185 wrote:It's not in your head.

For me I have to go with 97-99 was the best years. As soon as Premeir bought Six Flags, the park nosedived in a big way.

Besides ride additions, What other major changes nosedived the park?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby FParker185 on February 5th, 2017, 1:03 am
Operations went from top notch to what we see now, themeing has been systematically stripped from the park. While new rides are given minimal theme and tend to not fit in with the rest of the area. General upkeep in the park went from great to bare minimum, same goes for cleanliness. Overall quality of everything tanked, especially in the food department but also linked to themeing, went from like real stuff, to plywood cutouts and vinyl stickers

the list goes on
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby MrsTaxi on February 5th, 2017, 3:12 pm
Dating myself as well. 1990-1997 Good times. The park was friendlier, the lines weren't too bad and the food was much better.
MrsTaxi

Postby CoasterRiderSC on February 6th, 2017, 3:48 pm
For me probably 2016. I visited our park 10x and SFOT once, along with Frontier City. This was my highest visit total to our park in any year.

I had my two highest ride counts in 2016 (to date) at our park
41 rides w/o Flash Pass
51 rides w/ Flash Pass.

I joined this forum in 2016 and got much great insight and knowledge about rides, manufacturers, etc on this site. Also, I got a better appreciation of Goliath, thanks to Cam's write up, and some different perspectives from other enthusiasts on here. And, I took my daughter to Fright Fest for first time ever and she liked it.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby RollerCoasterFavRide on February 12th, 2017, 11:42 am
I've been thinking about this a lot and I think my favorite was 1999. With my age at that time I was driving, but still young enough I had little responsibility so I had time to go. Raging Bull was in it's first season and for some reason the 4th of July night is still very memorable to me. I think that this was the first season that I went with my spouse since we started dating the summer prior.

Now, I've just dated myself a little too much!
RollerCoasterFavRide

Postby RollerCoasterFavRide on February 12th, 2017, 11:42 am
I've been thinking about this a lot and I think my favorite was 1999. With my age at that time I was driving, but still young enough I had little responsibility so I had time to go. Raging Bull was in it's first season and for some reason the 4th of July night is still very memorable to me. I think that this was the first season that I went with my spouse since we started dating the summer prior.

Now, I've just dated myself a little too much!
RollerCoasterFavRide

Postby MrsTaxi on February 12th, 2017, 11:56 am
I agree, 1999 was a great year. Hubby and I started dating that year and our 5th date was to Fright Fest. Waited in line forever to ride Bull. The ride Op stapled my hubby and the whole ride he was screaming about his "man parts" being smashed. LOL. We still laugh about it when we ride Bull. :lol:
MrsTaxi

Postby jasonm on January 12th, 2021, 7:54 pm
my favorite season was
1996-1998 Warner Brothers Western Stunt Show.
1999 Butch & Sundance Adventure Stunt Show.
jasonm

Postby SFGAM__man on March 2nd, 2021, 2:13 pm
It burns me inside knowing that several generations of theme park fans and Chicagoans have grown up now, not even knowing that in the 70s/80s/90s SFGAm was a really great world class park :(
SFGAM__man

Postby Nystagmus on March 7th, 2021, 4:45 pm
As a kid my favorite seasons were late 80s and early 90s. My brother got a job there and he'd give us his free tickets to get into the park. When we did have to buy a ticket, my parents would give each of us $1 so we could buy a Twicket and come back the next day. When he stopped working there, my parents got us all season passes. They'd drop us off in the morning and pick us up after work. Six Flags was our babysitter. My siblings and I had a ton of fun!

When I worked there my favorite seasons were 99-01. This is mostly Bull opened and my friends and I heavily used our free entry on our days off. And this was around when I worked in the rides department. So tons of great memories then!
Nystagmus

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum