Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Holiday In The Park Drive-Thru Experience

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby RobSFGAm on December 17th, 2020, 8:21 am
I went yesterday and it was very different to be driving through the walkways of the park. I will defiantly do it again and it is a unique experience / opportunity at the park.
I posted a video of the drive thru experience with just music overlaid as their music has copyrights.

https://youtu.be/eojjZROn8n0
RobSFGAm

Postby anewman35 on December 17th, 2020, 2:03 pm
Thanks for this! Didn't have a pass this year and didn't feel it was worth the money, but great to see what it was like...
anewman35

Postby UnclePennybags on December 18th, 2020, 5:54 pm
So cool and so sad at the same time. Loved seeing the park lit up, but it reminds me of what I've been missing for a year.

The park has done a pretty good job with Holiday in the Park and the drive-thru looks better than I thought it would. Thanks for sharing.
UnclePennybags

Postby Jackluver18 on January 7th, 2021, 9:57 am
My mom and I did it January 3rd and we had a great time. We loved being able to drive through the park as that's something you never get to do. I'm doing it one more time with a few friends of mine this upcoming Sunday. It was cool seeing the park from another angle. Kudos to the park for thinking of this because it was a great idea.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby CoasterRiderSC on February 23rd, 2021, 3:24 pm
We opted to walk thru the park. I was thinking with the drive thru, the driver (me) wouldn't be able to enjoy the scenery and also I figured we'd have to keep moving so the whole drive would have been short (maybe 10 minutes?)

Lastly I didn't want to be "the guy" that accidentally ran into X-Flight lol!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby BCarroll on February 24th, 2021, 4:37 pm
Going to the park for the drive through for the first time, I was thinking it was going to be a rather short experience, as well. However, I went through it twice and it took around 30-45 mins from entering the backstage area in the employee lot to the Washington exit!
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 8th, 2021, 4:07 pm
BCarroll wrote:Going to the park for the drive through for the first time, I was thinking it was going to be a rather short experience, as well. However, I went through it twice and it took around 30-45 mins from entering the backstage area in the employee lot to the Washington exit!

30-45 minutes each time through??
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum