Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Tsunami Surge New for 2021

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JT2002 on July 17th, 2020, 8:23 pm
I mean the parts are all chilling there in the parking lot last time I checked. As well as the new front water park entrance that's literally just wood posts for now.
https://ibb.co/G24shQD
^bottom left is new entrance I think and top right is slide parts.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 18th, 2020, 12:50 am
JT2002 wrote:I mean the parts are all chilling there in the parking lot last time I checked. As well as the new front water park entrance that's literally just wood posts for now.
I believe this shot is very old?
The ground is still tore up on the entrance to the waterpark in the pic.
And the main entrance to the park will be used to enter. That’s where the new body scanners have been installed as each park only received a few of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby coasterfanatic on July 18th, 2020, 12:54 am
I don’t believe the park has any plan to build a new entrance from the parking lot besides the member gate. It was designed the way it was for a reason. Unless they want to make a complete standalone park and charge more than just like $10 for none pass holders, it’s entrance will continue to be by Viper.

coasterfanatic

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 18th, 2020, 12:56 am
coasterfanatic wrote:I don’t believe the park has any plan to build a new entrance from the parking lot besides the member gate. It was designed the way it was for a reason. Unless they want to make a complete standalone park and charge more than just like $10 for none pass holders, it’s entrance will continue to be by Viper.

I agree
But something was definitely up with the parking lot entrance this year because it was completely torn up but I’m sure that has all been put on hold now just like the water coaster was.

B&MGuy35

Postby JimPanky on July 18th, 2020, 10:03 am
I'm sure I'm way late on this but I can't find it. Where is Tsunami Surge going?
JimPanky

Postby UnclePennybags on July 18th, 2020, 10:17 am
JimPanky wrote:I'm sure I'm way late on this but I can't find it. Where is Tsunami Surge going?

This isn't my photo, but you can see the footers for Tsunami Surge next to Maxx Force. I'll see if I can locate the link to the Facebook page I mooched this from.

EDIT: On April 2, 2020 in this discussion topic, gottastrata33 posted a reference to drone footage on the Above Lake County Facebook page. If you have access to Facebook, you can see it here:

https://www.facebook.com/Lakecountydron ... 3252645424

I notice that the guy has added footage for Hurricane Harbor and some other Great America goodies. Sending a drone over the park is supposed to be illegal, but it still looks cool.
Attachments
0-1-hu.jpg
UnclePennybags

Postby JT2002 on July 18th, 2020, 5:36 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
JT2002 wrote:I mean the parts are all chilling there in the parking lot last time I checked. As well as the new front water park entrance that's literally just wood posts for now.
I believe this shot is very old?
The ground is still tore up on the entrance to the waterpark in the pic.
And the main entrance to the park will be used to enter. That’s where the new body scanners have been installed as each park only received a few of them.

From June 1st https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNUxxBc4oJ4

Next year hopefully there will be two entrances to HH. They see it as a way to increase revenue. Maybe it will be member exclusive still.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby rctfr on July 19th, 2020, 10:01 am
UnclePennybags wrote:
JimPanky wrote:I'm sure I'm way late on this but I can't find it. Where is Tsunami Surge going?

This isn't my photo, but you can see the footers for Tsunami Surge next to Maxx Force. I'll see if I can locate the link to the Facebook page I mooched this from.

EDIT: On April 2, 2020 in this discussion topic, gottastrata33 posted a reference to drone footage on the Above Lake County Facebook page. If you have access to Facebook, you can see it here:

https://www.facebook.com/Lakecountydron ... 3252645424

I notice that the guy has added footage for Hurricane Harbor and some other Great America goodies. Sending a drone over the park is supposed to be illegal, but it still looks cool.

Slightly off topic, but considering where the footers are placed for Tsunami Surge, does anyone know what the plans may be (or have speculation) for bringing back the train? Is there any available path you can see to connect the two open-ended pieces of train track shown in the photo?
rctfr

Postby staticshadows on July 19th, 2020, 10:19 am
rctfr wrote:Slightly off topic, but considering where the footers are placed for Tsunami Surge, does anyone know what the plans may be (or have speculation) for bringing back the train? Is there any available path you can see to connect the two open-ended pieces of train track shown in the photo?

The train track will be reconstructed after Tsunami Surge construction is complete.
staticshadows

Postby anewman35 on July 20th, 2020, 9:39 am
Screamscape shows a picture of the Rockford slide looking almost done. But the webpage does say 2021 now, so I guess they're gonna wait til next year still...
anewman35

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 20th, 2020, 2:57 pm

I wonder what this huge hole is for?
The bottom is filled with water.
The splashdown pool for the slide is way on the other side so not sure what this would be.

B&MGuy35

Postby staticshadows on July 20th, 2020, 3:06 pm
There is going to be a building in that location for the Tsunami Surge pumps and controls.
staticshadows

Postby UnclePennybags on July 20th, 2020, 3:16 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:I wonder what this huge hole is for?

The other day, I overheard some of my friends in the Mob say something about "Great America", "move", and "Hoffa", but maybe they were talking about something else.
UnclePennybags

Postby staticshadows on October 25th, 2020, 6:36 pm
It's nice to see construction restarted on Tsunami Surge.
staticshadows

Postby gottastrata33 on November 2nd, 2020, 1:37 am
This makes me so damn happy to see.
gottastrata33

Postby RobSFGAm on November 8th, 2020, 10:09 pm
I just posted a video from today of drone footage of the completed Tsunami Surge from outside of the park. It is not super close, so I zoomed in 225% in post processing in parts of the video, but the quality will drop a little when I do that. Also the winds were moving the drone around a bit, so I was having to re-adjust at points.

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/Is2N8s29amA
RobSFGAm

Postby gottastrata33 on November 9th, 2020, 10:43 pm
Wow is it complete?! So glad it's still happening & they had the finances to cover construction. I still can't tell if I love it or not but I think it's a much needed attraction for sure. I'm really nervous for this industry after taking such a hit this year. I think the next couple years are gonna be pretty slow & "dry" as we build up a new normal.
gottastrata33

Postby RobSFGAm on November 27th, 2020, 10:59 pm
Here are photos from inside the park on 11/27/20.

Rob
RobSFGAm

Postby gottastrata33 on November 27th, 2020, 11:44 pm
Well that's certainly shiny!
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on November 28th, 2020, 3:56 am
That looks amazing! Thank you for the pictures
JackGlass

Postby Falcon on November 30th, 2020, 12:42 pm
So do large water coaster slides have block sections like a roller coaster? Or do they have to wait until 1 tube has travelled that entire coarse before they send another?
Falcon

Postby Jodon on November 30th, 2020, 1:17 pm
I do not know about Whitewater/MasterBlasters, but I do know that ProSlides magnetic water coasters like Wildebeast and Mammoth at Holiday World have blocking and allow for multiple rafts on the course at one time.

Also, climbing up those stairs is going to suck.
Jodon

Postby ernstwhere on December 4th, 2020, 7:47 pm
Wow, that's an impressive use of space to fit 2 major attractions on a very narrow plot. I wonder how the train will navigate under. I wonder how the park will fit in future attractions.
ernstwhere

Postby gottastrata33 on December 7th, 2020, 3:24 pm
ernstwhere wrote:Wow, that's an impressive use of space to fit 2 major attractions on a very narrow plot. I wonder how the train will navigate under. I wonder how the park will fit in future attractions.

I knew it was gonna be a water park addition the moment I noticed they weren't developing the land next to Maxx. I'm wondering if it'll be an eye sore. The colors are pretty but it looks ...weird.
gottastrata33

Postby DejaVu2001 on March 31st, 2021, 4:25 pm
Found some new photos of Tsunami Surge on Hurricane Harbor Chicago's new website
https://www.sixflags.com/hurricaneharbo ... nami-surge

DejaVu2001

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum