Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Tsunami Surge New for 2020

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JT2002 on August 30th, 2019, 10:12 pm
JackGlass wrote:Hurricane Harbor needed a star attraction. This will definitely fill that void! I can't wait to see the concept art and if Six Flags will finally make a new Hurricane Harbor entrance at the front of the park.

I thought Tornado was the star. And they are too cheap to move the entrance.
JT2002

Postby coasterfanatic on August 31st, 2019, 12:18 am
JT2002 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:Hurricane Harbor needed a star attraction. This will definitely fill that void! I can't wait to see the concept art and if Six Flags will finally make a new Hurricane Harbor entrance at the front of the park.

I thought Tornado was the star. And they are too cheap to move the entrance.

They aren’t too cheap to move the entrance as they had a member entrance at front. The whole goal of where the entrance is it to get you to walk through the park. Even if you are coming just for the water park, they now have you in the dry park as well, to potentially buy things, eat food, etc etc. (And it use to be free for everyone). It makes perfect business sense and is unlikely to change. They have the entrance for members/pass holders which likely make up the majority of the water park attendance so no real incentive to change it.

Only time they would change it is if they allowed a non member/pass holder to buy a water park ticket without needing a ticket to dry park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby gottastrata33 on September 1st, 2019, 12:53 am
When we were at the exit of Maxx noticing all the undeveloped land of where this water coaster could go, we were thinking how perfect that pathway between Maxx & STT is for a front of the park HH entrance. My only hopes is that they would move the current one. I'm sure we'd lose the fountain which would actually suck but in so many ways, it just makes more sense to be placed in the front than the trek it is now.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 1st, 2019, 7:12 pm
Deleted..........
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on May 15th, 2020, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on September 1st, 2019, 11:28 pm
Being at Holiday World today made me really wish we had Wildebeest & Mammoth! Makes me really hope ours is even half as good. Can't wait to see more develop on Tsunami Surge!
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on September 1st, 2019, 11:40 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:When we were at the exit of Maxx noticing all the undeveloped land of where this water coaster could go, we were thinking how perfect that pathway between Maxx & STT is for a front of the park HH entrance. My only hopes is that they would move the current one. I'm sure we'd lose the fountain which would actually suck but in so many ways, it just makes more sense to be placed in the front than the trek it is now.

Maybe that’s the plan. Looking at where he train tracks are going to go now they are way to close to the pathway into HH. THERES NO WAY they let it be that way. People would actually be able to touch the train as it went by. Or they simply raise the fence.

B&MGuy35

Postby gottastrata33 on September 5th, 2019, 10:14 am
Someone draw it all up haha! I mean the tracks were there before with the HH pathway so I dont think it'll be that close.
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on September 5th, 2019, 10:47 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Someone draw it all up haha! I mean the tracks were there before with the HH pathway so I dont think it'll be that close.

The tracks will be way closer now with the coaster though. It’s swings out more toward the fence then it did before.

B&MGuy35

Postby IssaCoaster on September 6th, 2019, 2:36 am
I'm happy with this addition. The watercoasters I've been on have all been enjoyable experiences. My favorite being Black Anaconda. The one at Universal's Volcano Bay was pretty nice too though. It's been 9 years since an attraction was added to this side of the park. It was only a matter of time. People need to grow up. Lol. We could have gotten a kiddie splash pad or something ridiculous. We should be grateful for this. It's the world's tallest water coaster for crying out loud. You don't see that everyday. We have been getting spoiled with coasters (even though they are short). We're good. We'll probably get another coaster within the next 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby gottastrata33 on September 7th, 2019, 2:04 am
IssaCoaster wrote:I'm happy with this addition. The watercoasters I've been on have all been enjoyable experiences. My favorite being Black Anaconda. The one at Universal's Volcano Bay was pretty nice too though. It's been 9 years since an attraction was added to this side of the park. It was only a matter of time. People need to grow up. Lol. We could have gotten a kiddie splash pad or something ridiculous. We should be grateful for this. It's the world's tallest water coaster for crying out loud. You don't see that everyday. We have been getting spoiled with coasters (even though they are short). We're good. We'll probably get another coaster within the next 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Yes to all of this.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on September 7th, 2019, 9:56 am
A water coaster is a great addition. Those things are very popular with the General Public and according to Six Flags conference calls, have a good ROI.

With that tax incentive that the Village of Gurnee is offering. Don't expect to see many down years for Great America.
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on September 7th, 2019, 9:53 pm
Our park is growing & I'm happily here for it.
gottastrata33

Postby gottastrata33 on November 23rd, 2019, 12:23 am
I was really hoping to see something from Whitewater at IAPPA this year for us!
gottastrata33

Postby staticshadows on January 18th, 2020, 11:25 am
staticshadows

Postby gottastrata33 on January 19th, 2020, 11:00 pm
YAY!! Wait - that other one isn't for us is it? It's "magic waters" yeah?
gottastrata33

Postby coasterfanatic on January 20th, 2020, 1:04 am
Looks like they didn’t announce much. There will ERT for Tsuanmi Surge. Train opens after TS construction. RockIllusions is no more.

A new summer event called Great American Summer Nights. One week only.

Holiday in the Park returns!

coasterfanatic

Postby RBullFan97 on January 20th, 2020, 9:13 pm
Also no elevator for Tsunami Surge. Have fun walking up 86 feet of stairs everyone.
SFGAm Ride Count 2017: 76
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
RBullFan97

Postby gottastrata33 on January 21st, 2020, 2:28 am
Lol yep! So that def confirms (we already knew) this is our first whitewater slide. I'll forever be bitter it's not proslide but it wouldn't have broke the height record & we know we NEEDED that haha

Still looks great though. A much needed addition to the water park. She's really gonna be squeezed in there by Maxx for sure.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on January 21st, 2020, 2:46 pm
Deleted..........
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on May 15th, 2020, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on January 25th, 2020, 11:17 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:Lol yep! So that def confirms (we already knew) this is our first whitewater slide. I'll forever be bitter it's not proslide but it wouldn't have broke the height record & we know we NEEDED that haha

Still looks great though. A much needed addition to the water park. She's really gonna be squeezed in there by Maxx for sure.

Maybe some of the water runoff and splash will land on people in the Maxx queue, eh?? Perhaps that's why they didn't install more shade and fans ?? :)

Lol hush ;) they spent so much time making a nice station that they literally blocked out of view with a terrible shade structure. I have A feeling Tsumani is gonna look so damn weird there. It's just such a huge structure.
gottastrata33

Postby Coaster Justin on January 25th, 2020, 4:30 pm
I'll ride it but I'm still angry that it doesn't start at ground level.
802 Coasters in 31 States and 9 Countries. Email me if you want to Know.

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby ilrider on January 27th, 2020, 9:45 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Lol yep! So that def confirms (we already knew) this is our first whitewater slide. I'll forever be bitter it's not proslide but it wouldn't have broke the height record & we know we NEEDED that haha

I am glad we were able to squeeze both a coaster and a water coaster in that area. I figured it would be one or the other. A water coaster really completes HH and was something I’d been wanting for awhile. Also wish it was a Proslide, but still looks like a lot of fun. I agree with other post about the stairs. Annoying when the Proslides have the nice lifts.
ilrider

Postby staticshadows on March 18th, 2020, 10:56 am
Permit to Install Entry Covering for Hurricane Harbor/Riptide Bay Entrance.
staticshadows

Postby JaminOut on March 18th, 2020, 10:30 pm
That looks to be located at the main entrance... are they finally just going to have the one entrance outside the park or will patrons still have to enter from Southwest Territory during most hours?
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby JT2002 on March 29th, 2020, 4:47 pm
Any news on construction at all? I wonder if the virus has caused plans to stall
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum