Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Tsunami Surge New for 2021

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Coaster Justin on January 25th, 2020, 4:30 pm
I'll ride it but I'm still angry that it doesn't start at ground level.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby ilrider on January 27th, 2020, 9:45 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Lol yep! So that def confirms (we already knew) this is our first whitewater slide. I'll forever be bitter it's not proslide but it wouldn't have broke the height record & we know we NEEDED that haha

Still looks great though. A much needed addition to the water park. She's really gonna be squeezed in there by Maxx for sure.

I am glad we were able to squeeze both a coaster and a water coaster in that area. I figured it would be one or the other. A water coaster really completes HH and was something I’d been wanting for awhile. Also wish it was a Proslide, but still looks like a lot of fun. I agree with other post about the stairs. Annoying when the Proslides have the nice lifts.
ilrider

Postby staticshadows on March 18th, 2020, 10:56 am
Permit to Install Entry Covering for Hurricane Harbor/Riptide Bay Entrance.
staticshadows

Postby JaminOut on March 18th, 2020, 10:30 pm
That looks to be located at the main entrance... are they finally just going to have the one entrance outside the park or will patrons still have to enter from Southwest Territory during most hours?
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby JT2002 on March 29th, 2020, 4:47 pm
Any news on construction at all? I wonder if the virus has caused plans to stall
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby DejaVu2001 on March 29th, 2020, 6:06 pm
JT2002 wrote:Any news on construction at all? I wonder if the virus has caused plans to stall

Construction is stopped due to the stay at home order. From what I've heard, all of the groundwork is finished.
DejaVu2001

Postby gottastrata33 on March 31st, 2020, 2:41 pm
At this point, Tsunami may not even open for 2020. I'm expecting the worst.
gottastrata33

Postby Sven18 on March 31st, 2020, 3:18 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:At this point, Tsunami may not even open for 2020. I'm expecting the worst.

It might not be a bad move for SF to delay opening of 2020 new additions, especially if those additions would not be ready to open until July or August b/c of construction delays caused by Covid 19. Water park closes like 2nd week of August anyway, so holding Tsunami plunge could make sense. Also,considering 2020 revenue is going to be down significantly, the carry over of projects to 2021 would not require additional ride Capex. They could just do the other asset management & in park/non ride Capex.
Sven18

Postby UnclePennybags on March 31st, 2020, 6:04 pm
Sven18 wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:At this point, Tsunami may not even open for 2020. I'm expecting the worst.

It might not be a bad move for SF to delay opening of 2020 new additions, especially if those additions would not be ready to open until July or August b/c of construction delays caused by Covid 19. Water park closes like 2nd week of August anyway, so holding Tsunami plunge could make sense. Also,considering 2020 revenue is going to be down significantly, the carry over of projects to 2021 would not require additional ride Capex. They could just do the other asset management & in park/non ride Capex.

I was thinking the same thing.
UnclePennybags

Postby gottastrata33 on March 31st, 2020, 11:19 pm
Oh what ever plans were set for 2021 I can almost assure you, many won't happen now. This is effecting businesses so bad, it's going to take everyone years to recover & i really don't see SF being any different.

But then again, who knows - we got Jersey Devil goin up like crazy at this point. Which is weird.
gottastrata33

Postby coasterfanatic on March 31st, 2020, 11:20 pm
Sven18 wrote:

The water park is open til Labor Day weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby JackGlass on April 1st, 2020, 5:59 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Oh what ever plans were set for 2021 I can almost assure you, many won't happen now. This is effecting businesses so bad, it's going to take everyone years to recover & i really don't see SF being any different.

But then again, who knows - we got Jersey Devil goin up like crazy at this point. Which is weird.

I'm surprised those construction workers in New Jersey are still working. Construction on a roller coaster doesn't seem to be essential.
JackGlass

Postby Sven18 on April 1st, 2020, 8:24 am
coasterfanatic wrote:
Sven18 wrote:

The water park is open til Labor Day weekend!

The water park closes daily ops Aug 16th...weekends only till Labor Day. Again, if you can't open the slide till July b/c of construction delays why waste a new ride for 1 month of use when you can carry it over b/c realistic SF parks may be getting nothing in 2021 or not much.
Sven18

Postby Sven18 on April 1st, 2020, 8:26 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Oh what ever plans were set for 2021 I can almost assure you, many won't happen now. This is effecting businesses so bad, it's going to take everyone years to recover & i really don't see SF being any different.

Jersey Devil planned opening even before Covid 19 was around the beginning of July, it was essentially planned to be like Maxx Force, right before July 4th.
Sven18

Postby anewman35 on April 1st, 2020, 9:06 am
Even if they did open it for a short time this year, it doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't push it for 2021 again, because as people are saying they're going to want to save money all over.

I would just hope they wouldn't have it all ready to go and choose not to open it just so they could say 'new for 2021!', just open it when it's ready and claim it's new anyway, what's anybody going to do about it?
anewman35

Postby coasterfanatic on April 2nd, 2020, 12:44 pm
Do you think Six Flags still releases it’s “plan for the future” in May like originally planned?

My guess is the plan significantly changes now with the virus.

coasterfanatic

Postby gottastrata33 on April 2nd, 2020, 9:16 pm
Someone got amazing shots of the park at sunrise this morning. Go to "Above Lake County" on Facebook for some other fantastic shots but they caught some aerial construction of Tsunami Surge. Footers look to be laid out. Image

I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby UnclePennybags on April 2nd, 2020, 10:01 pm
Nice picture.
UnclePennybags

Postby Falcon on April 3rd, 2020, 8:26 am
Well its nice to see the train track still isn't done.... We'll see if that ever reopens
Falcon

Postby staticshadows on April 3rd, 2020, 9:31 am
Falcon wrote:Well its nice to see the train track still isn't done.... We'll see if that ever reopens

We already knew the train track wouldn't be reinstalled until after Tsunami Surge was completed. No one should be surprised by this.
staticshadows

Postby gottastrata33 on April 4th, 2020, 11:28 pm
staticshadows wrote:
Falcon wrote:Well its nice to see the train track still isn't done.... We'll see if that ever reopens

We already knew the train track wouldn't be reinstalled until after Tsunami Surge was completed. No one should be surprised by this.

LOL while that's very true, Falcon your sarcastic post still made me laugh! But for the same reason they didn't develop the land next to Maxx, is the same reason the tracks aren't down - they'd have to tear it all up again.
gottastrata33

Postby staticshadows on April 9th, 2020, 4:42 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Someone got amazing shots of the park at sunrise this morning. Go to "Above Lake County" on Facebook for some other fantastic shots but they caught some aerial construction of Tsunami Surge. Footers look to be laid out.

Check out the new photos on that page. It looks like the parking lot entrance to Hurricane Harbor was completely demolished.
staticshadows

Postby B&MGuy35 on April 9th, 2020, 5:11 pm
staticshadows wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:Someone got amazing shots of the park at sunrise this morning. Go to "Above Lake County" on Facebook for some other fantastic shots but they caught some aerial construction of Tsunami Surge. Footers look to be laid out.

Check out the new photos on that page. It looks like the parking lot entrance to Hurricane Harbor was completely demolished.
Good catch!
Finally putting in a permanent gate possibly.
With more turn styles and metal detectors to get people in quicker hopefully

B&MGuy35

Postby UnclePennybags on April 9th, 2020, 5:38 pm
staticshadows wrote:Check out the new photos on that page. It looks like the parking lot entrance to Hurricane Harbor was completely demolished.

Wow, park looks amazing in these pictures. None of the rides look like they need to be painted.
UnclePennybags

Postby anewman35 on April 9th, 2020, 7:30 pm
So what are the odds we actually get this opening in 2020 now? I'm thinking slim, based on timing and cost cutting (per another thread they've already seemingly cut one ride in the chain). If we do, I expect it's our 2021 ride too...
anewman35

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum