Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

RMC DEMON

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby Jsull on November 15th, 2019, 1:04 pm
Picture this...

Redeveloped demon. Pull an Alton towers and keep an element as a sculpture (incorporate a loop into a new ride sign?) and rebuild the ride with new elements and higher intensity. RMC Raptor or T-Rex, add special effects to the tunnel, do a new cover of the theme song, replace the light tunnel with projections or LED lights, add fog, an entire ride light package, beautiful trains (maybe similar looking to jersey devil at SFGADV), and most importantly bring back the blood waterfall. Yes, I know six flags’ favorite theming is overgrowth and parking lot, but the potential to make a beautiful, intense world class ride that pays homage to the original demon is huge. Heck, maybe they could even make up another record to market it with... “First single rail coaster with a vertical loop” or “world’s steepest single rail.” Maybe I’m getting too overzealous, but just wanted to know what you all think about this (impossible) idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jsull

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 21st, 2019, 3:39 pm
A couple thoughts:
1) Usually the "RMC treatment" is done to wooden coasters.
2) The Demon is still running quite fine contrary to what many believe. It's running fairly smoothly. Also, I think it has many years of life left in it.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Jsull on November 21st, 2019, 6:41 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:A couple thoughts:
2) The Demon is still running quite fine contrary to what many believe. It's running fairly smoothly. Also, I think it has many years of life left in it.

I know the treatment is done to woodies, I’m saying a complete removal of the arrow tracks and a re-design with t-Rex or raptor track. Basically, a completely new ride that pays homage to the demon. Yes, it’s not the absolute worst running arrow coaster, however, a ride anywhere but in the middle of the train (front or back) is not the most enjoyable thing. I hope it gets many years but I’d love to see the return of the demon as a more intense coaster.

Jsull

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 22nd, 2019, 1:50 pm
Jsull wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:A couple thoughts:

I know the treatment is done to woodies, I’m saying a complete removal of the arrow tracks and a re-design with t-Rex or raptor track. Basically, a completely new ride that pays homage to the demon. Yes, it’s not the absolute worst running arrow coaster, however, a ride anywhere but in the middle of the train (front or back) is not the most enjoyable thing. I hope it gets many years but I’d love to see the return of the demon as a more intense coaster.

We only ride in the back and it's quite enjoyable for me and my 9 yo daughter! What's not enjoyable about it?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on December 30th, 2019, 9:55 pm
I don't mind Demon. I think its smooth compared to others similar to it, and overall is bearable. I always snag a ride or two. Its nice to be able to hop on a ride with minimal wait.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Coaster Justin on January 4th, 2020, 9:11 am
How about instead of RMC it, They Blue Hawk it and add Soft Strap trains?

I haven't been on Blue Hawk since they revamped it but many people say its smooth and fun now.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby gottastrata33 on October 8th, 2021, 2:42 am
Or they hire Chance who has a similar track build (not that that's important what so ever) & we get a hyper GTX with inversions. Compact, airtime, loops & wild transitions.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 10th, 2021, 10:13 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Or they hire Chance who has a similar track build (not that that's important what so ever) & we get a hyper GTX with inversions. Compact, airtime, loops & wild transitions.

Like a Lightning Run clone? We would then have 2 Joe Draves coasters in our park...

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on January 12th, 2024, 6:56 pm
Given Loch Ness Monster, we know that Premier is now on the table as well.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Return to General Coaster Talk