Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Marriott's Great America Park Maps

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby UnclePennybags on September 17th, 2019, 7:36 pm
I was rummaging through a box of goodies from my youth and ran across a 1976 Great America park map. I had it digitized and am making it available to all. You'll have to download a copy to be able to zoom in on it. I've run across plenty of dead links for this map (including from this site), but as of today, there's at least one link that works:

I'm not sure from where I downloaded the 1979 park map, but the copy I had was not of a high resolution. I blew it up and added my own colored identifiers to make the map more readable. Again, here it is, available to all. You'll have to download a copy to be able to zoom in on it.

The images I have are of much higher resolution, but I'm limited as to what I can upload. Hope the attached images are good enough.

Cheers.
UnclePennybags

Postby AirTimeDaz on September 18th, 2019, 4:04 am
What a cool relic. Thanks for the great contribution! 8)
AirTimeDaz

Postby Chirojon on September 18th, 2019, 9:26 am
Love this!! So fascinating seeing changes over the years as well as nostalgia, even if from reading a map.

They really did a good job with layout of this park, in my opinion and the planning of the themed areas; even if theming isn't emphazied in the modern era.
Chirojon

Postby UnclePennybags on September 18th, 2019, 10:08 am
I like that they used to sell tobacco products next to what is now Captain Salty's. We've come a long way...
Last edited by UnclePennybags on September 18th, 2019, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
UnclePennybags

Postby cliffhanger on September 18th, 2019, 10:11 am
This is great! Thanks for sharing this little piece of history. What is the original size? Thinking of printing this as a reproduction.
cliffhanger

Postby UnclePennybags on September 18th, 2019, 10:14 am
cliffhanger wrote:This is great! Thanks for sharing this little piece of history. What is the original size? Thinking of printing this as a reproduction.

Let me measure tonight. The 1976 map is about 2' x 2'.
UnclePennybags

Postby UnclePennybags on September 18th, 2019, 10:18 am
FYI: I was incorrect in stating that you have to download the maps to zoom in on them. If you click on one of the maps, you'll see a green box at the top left corner of the image. Click on that, and you'll see a much bigger version of the map. In the case of the 1979 map, the zoom is too much.

If you download the maps, you'll have better control over the zoom factor.
UnclePennybags

Postby JT2002 on September 18th, 2019, 1:40 pm
The old boardwalk looks so cool throughout Yukon territory and Yankee Harbor, makes me realize it's now just a shell of itself
JT2002

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 18th, 2019, 2:20 pm
Very cool! Thanks for posting these.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coastermonkey61 on September 18th, 2019, 10:29 pm
Man does this make me miss Sky Whirl.
Coastermonkey61

Postby RBullFan97 on September 19th, 2019, 6:22 am
The thing that stood out to me the most was the candle making in Hometown Square by where Trolley Treats is now. It was stuff like that that really made these parks special.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby UnclePennybags on September 19th, 2019, 12:01 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:
cliffhanger wrote:This is great! Thanks for sharing this little piece of history. What is the original size? Thinking of printing this as a reproduction.

Let me measure tonight. The 1976 map is about 2' x 2'.

The 1976 map is 25" H x 22" W.
UnclePennybags

Postby ChicagoCoasters on September 19th, 2019, 5:01 pm
Yeah I’m seriously thinking printing this out and getting it framed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum