Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JT2002 on August 16th, 2019, 11:22 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:On August 15th, Roaring Rapids was NOT normal operation. It's pathetic operation. They had 1 person on the turntable where usually the most is 3 people, and than other times they have 2 people. This means they have a person standing with each raft around the turntable area. So, 1 person would mean they only have 1 raft around the entire turntable area at a time. This to me is so stupid that they even have to do that. That line was a 90 minute wait till about the "Roaring Rapids bridge" for the line. It seems like the only thing in the park understaffed was Roaring Rapids. I seen all the games open. They can't get 1 more person to be on Roaring Rapids. That line was SO BAD. Stay AWAY if you see 1 person on the turntable only. The amount of people in line was not the problem. The operations are so bad. I wish the park had the conveyor belt (as compared to the slow as molasses turntable) at St. Louis instead.

And of course, in the newsletter; they are like, make sure you go and ride Roaring Rapids. You just have to with your 90 minute wait, and be in our slowest moving line in the entire park while 3 mechanics just look at the ride, and say well, looks good to us. If they were so short staffed, they should have made mechanic Joe (1 of the 3 mechanics just watching the ride) run the ride than, and have 2 people on the turntable, but nope.

Bro, it closes in a couple days, chill out they're just starting to move employees to other rides. It's a yearly thing.
JT2002

Postby staticshadows on August 16th, 2019, 1:17 pm
JT2002 wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:On August 15th, Roaring Rapids was NOT normal operation. It's pathetic operation. They had 1 person on the turntable where usually the most is 3 people, and than other times they have 2 people. This means they have a person standing with each raft around the turntable area. So, 1 person would mean they only have 1 raft around the entire turntable area at a time. This to me is so stupid that they even have to do that. That line was a 90 minute wait till about the "Roaring Rapids bridge" for the line. It seems like the only thing in the park understaffed was Roaring Rapids. I seen all the games open. They can't get 1 more person to be on Roaring Rapids. That line was SO BAD. Stay AWAY if you see 1 person on the turntable only. The amount of people in line was not the problem. The operations are so bad. I wish the park had the conveyor belt (as compared to the slow as molasses turntable) at St. Louis instead.

And of course, in the newsletter; they are like, make sure you go and ride Roaring Rapids. You just have to with your 90 minute wait, and be in our slowest moving line in the entire park while 3 mechanics just look at the ride, and say well, looks good to us. If they were so short staffed, they should have made mechanic Joe (1 of the 3 mechanics just watching the ride) run the ride than, and have 2 people on the turntable, but nope.

Bro, it closes in a couple days, chill out they're just starting to move employees to other rides. It's a yearly thing.

It's best to just ignore that user, all they do is complain about everything. For some reason, that user thinks we are interested in reading long-winded complaints about the park.
staticshadows

Postby JaminOut on August 16th, 2019, 2:22 pm
staticshadows wrote:
JT2002 wrote:

It's best to just ignore that user, all they do is complain about everything. For some reason, that user thinks we are interested in reading long-winded complaints about the park.

Lol. Him and shoup/doubleb/bbd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby DejaVu2001 on August 16th, 2019, 2:33 pm
staticshadows wrote:
JT2002 wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:On August 15th, Roaring Rapids was NOT normal operation. It's pathetic operation. . . . . blah blah blah . . . . . If they were so short staffed, they should have made mechanic Joe (1 of the 3 mechanics just watching the ride) run the ride than, and have 2 people on the turntable, but nope.

And almost always horribly misinformed about how things actually work :roll:
DejaVu2001

Postby JT2002 on August 16th, 2019, 3:43 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:
JT2002 wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:On August 15th, Roaring Rapids was NOT normal operation. It's pathetic operation. . . . . blah blah blah . . . . . If they were so short staffed, they should have made mechanic Joe (1 of the 3 mechanics just watching the ride) run the ride than, and have 2 people on the turntable, but nope.

And almost always horribly misinformed about how things actually work :roll:

Yeah, his typical post is,"The other day I saw... It's unacceptable... The park should... No Red Bull... But I'm still on this forum."
JT2002

Postby anewman35 on September 2nd, 2019, 7:47 pm
Noticed there's a new design for the 2020 (Orange) Refillable bottles. Not sure if they're better in some way, I didn't get one (although I did overhear somebody complaining to cashiers that it didn't fit right in the bottle holder things they were selling...)
anewman35

Postby ribsinbacon on September 2nd, 2019, 8:14 pm
anewman35 wrote:Noticed there's a new design for the 2020 (Orange) Refillable bottles. Not sure if they're better in some way, I didn't get one (although I did overhear somebody complaining to cashiers that it didn't fit right in the bottle holder things they were selling...)

It doesn't come with a straw either. Mine fit ok in my bottle holder.
I've lost my coaster count.
ribsinbacon

Postby JT2002 on September 4th, 2019, 10:06 pm
Did anyone else know Jim Reid Anderson has a secret office in the park? Guess where.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby JaminOut on September 4th, 2019, 10:29 pm
Is his the one above Superman or above the gift shop in Hometown Square?
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby JT2002 on September 4th, 2019, 10:30 pm
JaminOut wrote:Is his the one above Superman or above the gift shop in Hometown Square?

Well apparently Hank will be taking the one by Superman when Jim retires. They are moving the CEO office elsewhere...
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby JackGlass on September 5th, 2019, 7:38 am
Is Jim staying through 2020? Or will they be replacing him next year?
JackGlass

Postby B&MGuy35 on September 5th, 2019, 2:39 pm
JackGlass wrote:Is Jim staying through 2020? Or will they be replacing him next year?

I believe he announced his retirement is in February.

B&MGuy35

Postby ChicagoCoasters on September 5th, 2019, 7:59 pm
JaminOut wrote:Is his the one above Superman or above the gift shop in Hometown Square?

Where above Superman? Like the station???

1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 6th, 2019, 10:36 am
ChicagoCoasters wrote:

Where above Superman? Like the station???

Isn't it above the entrance of the queue? I noticed last Monday (Labor Day) when were were in line for Superman there are stairs that go up!
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on September 7th, 2019, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby cliffhanger on September 6th, 2019, 5:17 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Isn't it above the entrance of the queue? I noticed last Sunday when were were in line for Superman there are stairs that go up!

I've never heard of another apartment other than the one in Orleans Place. There are offices everywhere though. There is for sure one on the upper level of the parade doors (next to Triple Play). Above superman seems like a strange place to have an office. It's really small, and doesn't offer much privacy when you have to walk through the queue to get in and out.
cliffhanger

Postby Tardis1972 on September 6th, 2019, 10:27 pm
Yep there’s an office (or at least some kind of room) above the Superman entrance. Look on Google Earth and will you see there is a stair case inside the queue. Does anybody know what’s above the Superman and DKC gift shop?
Tardis1972

Postby ChicagoCoasters on September 7th, 2019, 10:55 am
Coaster Dynamix Nano Coasters are now at the park! They came in Raging Bull and Goliath and are really cool to build.Image

1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby JT2002 on September 7th, 2019, 6:01 pm
ChicagoCoasters wrote:Coaster Dynamix Nano Coasters are now at the park! They came in Raging Bull and Goliath and are really cool to build.Image

Well I know how I'm spending my next $70
JT2002

Postby ChicagoCoasters on September 7th, 2019, 7:08 pm
JT2002 wrote:
ChicagoCoasters wrote:Coaster Dynamix Nano Coasters are now at the park! They came in Raging Bull and Goliath and are really cool to build.Image

Well I know how I'm spending my next $70

Lol same

ChicagoCoasters

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 7th, 2019, 8:10 pm
cliffhanger wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Isn't it above the entrance of the queue? I noticed last Sunday when were were in line for Superman there are stairs that go up!

I've never heard of another apartment other than the one in Orleans Place. There are offices everywhere though. There is for sure one on the upper level of the parade doors (next to Triple Play). Above superman seems like a strange place to have an office. It's really small, and doesn't offer much privacy when you have to walk through the queue to get in and out.

Is it the building that you come very close to while on Triple Play??? It's to the right of Triple Play as you're looking at ride
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on September 7th, 2019, 8:43 pm
Omg I've been waiting for this!!!!
gottastrata33

Postby UnclePennybags on September 8th, 2019, 2:48 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
cliffhanger wrote:
There is for sure one on the upper level of the parade doors (next to Triple Play).

Is it the building that you come very close to while on Triple Play??? It's to the right of Triple Play as you're looking at ride

I'm pretty sure they're talkin' about this building (Hometown Amusement Co. was once located here).

UnclePennybags

Postby JT2002 on September 8th, 2019, 9:43 pm
^that's park ops
JT2002

Postby ChicagoCoasters on September 10th, 2019, 7:35 pm
Also the Maxx Force Nano Coaster has been announced as well. Image

ChicagoCoasters

Postby Jackluver18 on September 10th, 2019, 9:54 pm
I heard yesterday that the all season wristbands for FF were 50.00 this year. Can anyone officially confirm this?
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum