Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

So...what ride will SFGAM remove next?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAMfanboy_15 on September 1st, 2019, 7:45 pm
Just a thought that I had. What will SFGAM remove next, or in the future?
I wonder what will happen if they ever RMC Beast.
SFGAMfanboy_15

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 1st, 2019, 8:08 pm
in my opinion a flat is next to go to make room for the Giant Discovery. I'm not sure which ride(s) would go, possibly Revolution but they'd probably need to take down more.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby FParker185 on September 1st, 2019, 8:09 pm
Well every ride in the park will be removed at some point in the future, but in the near future I'd guess Fiddlers Fling, Revolution or Demon will be first to go.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby staticshadows on September 1st, 2019, 8:19 pm
- Replace Revolution with a Zamperla Super Air Race
- Replace River Rocker with a Zamperla Giga Discovery
- Replace Ricochet with a Zamperla Endeavour

The Super Air Race should be the next cloned flat across the chain. The Park President of Fiesta Texas said Six Flags spent 3 years working on the ride with Zamperla. They had Zamperla put the prototype at Luna Park to make sure it functioned correctly.
Here is a link to the video, 2020 discussion begins around 19:45.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TexasThrillSeekers/permalink/2275847722542452/
staticshadows

Postby IssaCoaster on September 1st, 2019, 8:40 pm
I know Eagle is gonna close sometime in the near future. For a retrack or an RMC conversion. Demon may go soon too. Buccaneer Battle I can see leaving as well as the Revolution and Fiddler's Fling. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that Fiddler's Fling is gonna go first. I would hate to see that ride go though.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby JackGlass on September 1st, 2019, 9:18 pm
Demon is overhyped. People on coaster forums have said "It's going to be removed soon" For over 20 years now and it never happens.

I think Buccaneer Battle and Hometown Park will be removed for a custom single rail in the very near future. However, I think Home Town Park will be relocated to where Home Town Fun Machine is and Home Town Fun Machine will be relocated next to the Demon in the old Sky Trail location.
JackGlass

Postby SFGAMfanboy_15 on September 2nd, 2019, 3:14 am
Yankee Clipper is closed for maintenance a lot. So is Sky Trek Tower. I think those will be closed soon.
I wonder what will happen if they ever RMC Beast.
SFGAMfanboy_15

Postby JT2002 on September 2nd, 2019, 8:58 am
SFGAMfanboy_15 wrote:Yankee Clipper is closed for maintenance a lot. So is Sky Trek Tower. I think those will be closed soon.

I'm 90% sure Clipper will be open today.

Also, I believe the next coaster will be tracked Eagle next year. And then 2022 we will see either Kidz or Camp be redone (or hopefully both). 2023 I think they take down Demon and put in a custom RMC single rail coaster.
JT2002

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 2nd, 2019, 9:59 am
staticshadows wrote:- Replace Revolution with a Zamperla Super Air Race

The Super Air Race should be the next cloned flat across the chain. The Park President of Fiesta Texas said Six Flags spent 3 years working on the ride with Zamperla. They had Zamperla put the prototype at Luna Park to make sure it functioned correctly.

Thanks for posting this! This ride looks very cool and the theming/queue he described look amazing! He said there will be various towers and pumps around the ride and alluded to them doing something (maybe fog??).

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Sven18 on September 2nd, 2019, 11:50 am
staticshadows wrote:- Replace Revolution with a Zamperla Super Air Race

Air Races have been around since 2010, the typical crock of shit of Siefert trying to hype, this is worth than him teasing a superloop. Air races are long proven tech and the only difference is the center rises. This is not some great engineering feat that he makes it out to be, that needs testing and that he made Zamperla put it in, It's basic and is common in the industry on other rides to have a lift. Love the part he throws in this costs more than Joker(Giant Discovery). Playing on people not knowing pendulums cost just 2.5M, but people think they cost more b/c of the size. Air Race 6.4/8.2 are 2.5M and adding the lift adds a few more bucks, making it probably 3M. More Seifert hype and preying on ignorant GP that they this is some big expensive ride, "it costs more than Joker."
Sven18

Postby Sven18 on September 2nd, 2019, 3:44 pm
JT2002 wrote:
SFGAMfanboy_15 wrote:Yankee Clipper is closed for maintenance a lot. So is Sky Trek Tower. I think those will be closed soon.

Also, I believe the next coaster will be tracked Eagle next year. And then 2022 we will see either Kidz or Camp be redone (or hopefully both). 2023 I think they take down Demon and put in a custom RMC single rail coaster.

2021 likely a flat ride year. I would not be surprised to see back to back flat ride years like several parks got like SFNE, GAdv, OG, etc.. SFGAm has been the only park not to get in on the new good flats as they have been spread all over the chain. The park never got a Skyscreamer(every park except MM and GAM), Giant Discovery(10 in the last 4 years), and now SF is spreading around Zamperla Endeavours(4th in the chain, 3rd in 2 years). Yes, the park needs flats, as it has the worst collection in the chain, besides the low end parks such as Escape.
Last edited by Sven18 on September 2nd, 2019, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

Postby IssaCoaster on September 2nd, 2019, 3:47 pm
Sven18 wrote:
JT2002 wrote:

2021 likely a flat ride year. I would not be surprised to see back to back flat ride years like sevral parksgot like SFNE, GAdv, OG, etc... recieved. SFGAm has been the only park not to get in on the new good flats as they have been spread all over the chain. The park never got a Skyscreamer(every park except MM and GAM), Giant Discovery(10 in the last 4 years), and now SF is spreading around Zamperla Endeavours(4th in the chain, 3rd in 2 years). Yes, the park needs flats, as it has the worst collection in the chain, besides the low end parks such as Escape.
It does not have the worst collection in the chain. It just needs to be updated. They may have to start pulling rides out to put new ones in. And does anyone know were the Condor is at with respect to reliability? I forgot about that ride. Probably my favorite flat in the park behind Triple Play and Revolution.

IssaCoaster

Postby Sven18 on September 2nd, 2019, 4:21 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:[It does not have the worst collection in the chain. It just needs to be updated. They may have to start pulling rides out to put new ones in. And does anyone know were the Condor is at with respect to reliability? I forgot about that ride. Probably my favorite flat in the park behind Triple Play and Revolution.

The rides you're mentioning are not good compared to other SF parks, besides the bottom dwellers. Your best ride according to you is Condor, even Escape has that. Revolution is a junk pendulum ride, not good even when new. Triple Play is a Troika...whoppee! I won't even go into the constantly broken drop tower and the rest of the uninteresting flats. The park needs at least 2 flats..Giant Discovery(preferably bigger model), Zamperla Endevaour,Skyscreamer, and/or Zamperla Air Race. SF loves Zamperla so they may even dive further into the catalogue and get the Nebulaz(which debuted recently), Hawk or a Super Spin.

Giant Discoveries are a hit at every park...they have consistent 45 min lines all day at parks like GAdv, MM, NE, OT, etc... Skyscreamers draw lines. Air Race or Nebulaz would be unique, not many in US and would also be hits at SFGAm. Non Zamperla stuff that would likely be hits would be Gmbh Skyroller or Huss Giant Jump. Good flats would help the people distribution and lines caused from the multitude of low capacity coasters in the park.
Last edited by Sven18 on September 3rd, 2019, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

Postby RBullFan97 on September 2nd, 2019, 7:14 pm
I think when discussing the quality of our flat ride collection it's important to specify what kind of flats you're talking about. SFGAm has an excellent family flat ride collection, one of the best in my opinion. We have an abundance of rides like Triple Play, Chubasco, Lobster, Fiddler's Fling, etc., rides that pretty much anyone can enjoy, a beautiful double decker carousel, a train ride, an observation tower, two flumes, a rapids ride, a shooting dark ride, need I say more? Our thrilling flats collection, however, is severely lacking and leaves a lot to be desired. I would say the only rides in this category would be Giant Drop, Revolution, and Mardi Gras Hangover, and two of these rides are at least 15 years old, and after we lost Orbit and King Chaos we have almost no inverting flat rides left. So I think the park could benefit from a couple of new bigger flat rides, but if I was park president I'd probably focus on improving the kids areas and overall park appearance first considering all the thrill rides we've gotten lately.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby SiliconMessiah on September 2nd, 2019, 8:00 pm
There is no doubt that Demon has its flaws but if they were to take it down I would be very upset. The Demon plays a very important role in the park’s lineup allowing young children to try a “major” coaster and be inverted for the first time. This coaster had a huge impact on me and my five year old loves the Demon, even though she admits that “the big down part” scares her a lot. Taking this out would mean removing a ride that made people fans of inversions, even if they’re rough. Plus, it probably has the best theming of any coaster in the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SiliconMessiah

Postby IssaCoaster on September 2nd, 2019, 8:05 pm
SiliconMessiah wrote:There is no doubt that Demon has its flaws but if they were to take it down I would be very upset. The Demon plays a very important role in the park’s lineup allowing young children to try a “major” coaster and be inverted for the first time. This coaster had a huge impact on me and my five year old loves the Demon, even though she admits that “the big down part” scares her a lot. Taking this out would mean removing a ride that made people fans of inversions, even if they’re rough. Plus, it probably has the best theming of any coaster in the park.

I don't think the park cares that much. If they can take the ride out and put something in that will attract more people, then that's what they will probably do. I do get the whole training coaster thing though for kids. But we gotta understand that this is the same company that was gonna take the Whizzer out for Superman.

IssaCoaster

Postby SiliconMessiah on September 2nd, 2019, 8:14 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
SiliconMessiah wrote:There is no doubt that Demon has its flaws but if they were to take it down I would be very upset. The Demon plays a very important role in the park’s lineup allowing young children to try a “major” coaster and be inverted for the first time. This coaster had a huge impact on me and my five year old loves the Demon, even though she admits that “the big down part” scares her a lot. Taking this out would mean removing a ride that made people fans of inversions, even if they’re rough. Plus, it probably has the best theming of any coaster in the park.

I don't think the park cares that much. If they can take the ride out and put something in that will attract more people, then that's what they will probably do. I do get the whole training coaster thing though for kids. But we gotta understand that this is the same company that was gonna take the Whizzer out for Superman.

Yeah, they were “gonna take”’it out but were “forced” not to. I would stand up and defend Demon. They need to think long term, get kids interested in big coasters, and they already have them!

I just told my wife today that the lineup is so well spread out between starters and launches and hyper; everything we could ask for almost. Please don’t eliminate one. Besides, they are pretty obsessed with coaster count. Removing a coaster means not adding a coaster.

SiliconMessiah

Postby JT2002 on September 2nd, 2019, 8:46 pm
Sven18 wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:[It does not have the worst collection in the chain. It just needs to be updated. They may have to start pulling rides out to put new ones in. And does anyone know were the Condor is at with respect to reliability? I forgot about that ride. Probably my favorite flat in the park behind Triple Play and Revolution.

The rides you're mentioning are not good compared to other SF parks, besides the bottom dwellers. Your best ride according to you is Condor, even Escape has that. Revolution is a junk pendulum ride, not good even when new. Triple Play is a Troika...whoppee! I won't even go into the constantly broken drop tower and the rest of the uninteresting flats. The park needs at least 2 flats..Giant Discovery(preferably bigger model), Zamperla Endevaour,Skyscreamer, and/or Zamperla Air Race. SF loves Zamperla so they may even dive further into the catalogue and get the Nebulaz(which debuted recently), Hawk or a Super Spin.

Giant Discoveries are a hit at every park...they have consistent 45 min lines all day at park like GAdv, MM, NE, OT, etc... Skyscreamers draws lines. Air Race or Nebulaz would be unique, not may in US and would also be hits at SFGAm. Non Zamperla stuff that would likely be hits would be Gmbh Skyroller or Huss Giant Jump. Good flats would help the people distribution and lines caused from the multitude of low capacity coasters in the park.

Don't touch my Condor or Triple Play, management keeps them around because they care about the park's history. Great America has a storied heritage, and certain rides keep that spirit alive. I was low key heartbroken when they took out Orbit.
JT2002

Postby anewman35 on September 2nd, 2019, 8:48 pm
SiliconMessiah wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:

Yeah, they were “gonna take”’it out but were “forced” not to. I would stand up and defend Demon. They need to think long term, get kids interested in big coasters, and they already have them!

I just told my wife today that the lineup is so well spread out between starters and launches and hyper; everything we could ask for almost. Please don’t eliminate one. Besides, they are pretty obsessed with coaster count. Removing a coaster means not adding a coaster.

Three things:
- Have we ever figured out for sure how much of removing Shockwave instead of Whizzer was because of problems with Shockwave (and less because of people 'forcing' them to keep Whizzer)?
- I agree with you that Demon is a really good 'starter' ride, and I would hope they would keep it because of that, but I also agree that the park wouldn't really care
- They removed Iron Wolf and Ragin' Cajun and just left the spots empty for a few years each time when they didn't really need to, so I'm sure they would do that again.
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on September 3rd, 2019, 2:06 am
I love how Fiesta is completely renovating their Kidzopolis the same year they're receiving a new "innovative" ride which as mentioned by Sven, isn't. Air races have been around a while & Im pretty sure that even though it may not be Zamperla, FujiQ has an even taller one. But my point is why can't they renovate one of our kids sections while getting Tsunami? hmm

Next ride I think will go is Revolution or River Rocker. I would like it to be DDD. Tear up that whole area & have them install a spinner over there next to Kidszopolis.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on September 3rd, 2019, 8:45 am
I wonder what's going to happen to all those kids rides from Looney Tunes Seaport at Six Flags Great Adventure? From the looks of it, that whole area is going to be removed for the Jersey Devil.

Will they scrap all those kids rides? Reinstall them elsewhere in Great Adventure? or distribute them to other parks?
JackGlass

Postby Chirojon on September 3rd, 2019, 9:56 am
Sven18 wrote:

Giant Discoveries are a hit at every park...they have consistent 45 min lines all day at park like GAdv, MM, NE, OT, etc... Skyscreamers draws lines. Air Race or Nebulaz would be unique, not may in US and would also be hits at SFGAm. Non Zamperla stuff that would likely be hits would be Gmbh Skyroller or Huss Giant Jump. Good flats would help the people distribution and lines caused from the multitude of low capacity coasters in the park.

Oh man, that Sledge Hammer (Giant Jump) at Wonderland looks awesome!! The best of the lot you mentioned in my opinion... although never been on any of those flat types :/
Chirojon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 3rd, 2019, 12:23 pm
SiliconMessiah - I totally agree with you about Demon! It has a purpose in life (starter coaster, first looper, etc).

And to me Condor is super reliable. I don't think I've ever seen it down . It's one of my fave flats at the park as well.

Sven - I agree with you about Giant "broken" Drop! It wasn't running 9/2 due to issues with it getting "stuck" near top. Prior to that, I'd seen it running only 7 good seats! I waited one time during that period because I really wanted to go on it. But, yes they really do need to fix whatever is wrong with it.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on September 3rd, 2019, 2:44 pm
Sledge Hammer while it is unique, isn't that great. It's fun but its reliability is it great haha.

Now, I'd love for them to remove GD & replace it with a gyro drop. Higher capacity, taller, maybe tilting seats? I know Some things would have to expand out but it doesn't need to change the theme.
gottastrata33

Postby JT2002 on September 3rd, 2019, 6:53 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:SiliconMessiah - I totally agree with you about Demon! It has a purpose in life (starter coaster, first looper, etc).

And to me Condor is super reliable. I don't think I've ever seen it down . It's one of my fave flats at the park as well.

Sven - I agree with you about Giant "broken" Drop! It wasn't running 9/2 due to issues with it getting "stuck" near top. Prior to that, I'd seen it running only 7 good seats! I waited one time during that period because I really wanted to go on it. But, yes they really do need to fix whatever is wrong with it.

Usually it goes down for high winds, but I've heard the ride's sensors can be dumb and go off when there's just a little breeze, which essentially is just hitting a ride stop. There may be some other glitchy mechanical issues that maintenance just doesn't want to take the time or money to fix.
JT2002

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum