Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Tsunami Surge New for 2021

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby RBullFan97 on August 29th, 2019, 5:39 am
I wasn't expecting a full blown animation like Maxx Force but just at least a rendering so we could see the placement and layout of the ride. We'll probably get it soon enough. Still sounds like a solid addition though, and will probably make me want to go to Hurricane Harbor more than the obligatory once a year.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby coasterfanatic on August 29th, 2019, 10:21 am
Wow. So Magic Waters to be rebranded. Lots of water parks to get additions this year. Only two coasters (a wild mouse spinning coaster and single rail). No superloops. No SkyScramers. A couple more Giant Discovery’s too. Interesting year. And yes. Nothing for Magic mountain or Frontier City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby JT2002 on August 29th, 2019, 11:22 am
St. Louis is getting a Funtime Booster? That's a roadside attraction, not a theme park thrill ride. It's probably 6 flags next clone though..
JT2002

Postby ChiefBeef234 on August 29th, 2019, 12:22 pm
JT2002 wrote:St. Louis is getting a Funtime Booster? That's a roadside attraction, not a theme park thrill ride. It's probably 6 flags next clone though..
The model St Louis is getting is Zamperla I believe and can hold 8 people per arm so 16 total. They already confirmed it won't be an upcharge

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
ChiefBeef234

Postby great america fan on August 29th, 2019, 12:44 pm
looks like a solid addition. anyone else notices that our last three additions have been record holders. (evan if just obscure ones)
great america fan

Postby gottastrata33 on August 29th, 2019, 12:51 pm
Ok so even though this was made too early, will this be the official discussion thread for Tsunami Surge?

So many water park additions this year. Kinda wild. Are they adding more massive additions next year perhaps? Also again, I really Did expect more of a custom announcement. Seeing it is a record breaker. But that's a lot of animations from that guy through both CF & SF haha. Again, maybe we will see more later. Ya never know.

I'm thrilled about this addition. Our water park really is great. For those of you who haven't been, give it a chance. It's honestly nice, well done & very well rounded. So this addition is a cherry on top of a great line up.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on August 29th, 2019, 12:54 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:Wow. So Magic Waters to be rebranded. Lots of water parks to get additions this year. Only two coasters (a wild mouse spinning coaster and single rail). No superloops. No SkyScramers. A couple more Giant Discovery’s too. Interesting year. And yes. Nothing for Magic mountain or Frontier City.

I'm pretty sure we're witnessing a return to the pre-2011 strategy. Six Flags keeps adding parks that don't produce much revenue, yet refuses to increase their CAPEX formula. 9% (Only 60% which is used for new rides) is extremely low for 20+ parks

I think they're testing the waters this year, by not adding anything to Magic Mountain or Frontier City
JackGlass

Postby coasterfanatic on August 29th, 2019, 2:54 pm
JackGlass wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:Wow. So Magic Waters to be rebranded. Lots of water parks to get additions this year. Only two coasters (a wild mouse spinning coaster and single rail). No superloops. No SkyScramers. A couple more Giant Discovery’s too. Interesting year. And yes. Nothing for Magic mountain or Frontier City.

I'm pretty sure we're witnessing a return to the pre-2011 strategy. Six Flags keeps adding parks that don't produce much revenue, yet refuses to increase their CAPEX formula. 9% (Only 60% which is used for new rides) is extremely low for 20+ parks

I think they're testing the waters this year, by not adding anything to Magic Mountain or Frontier City

I think the only reason they aren’t adding to Magic Mountain is because of the delays to West Coast Racers.

Plus last year, none of the new water parks got any new additions. Yet JRA still said “Soemthing new in every park.”

coasterfanatic

Postby JT2002 on August 29th, 2019, 3:17 pm
great america fan wrote:looks like a solid addition. anyone else notices that our last three additions have been record holders. (evan if just obscure ones)

Hank likes breaking records.
JT2002

Postby ilrider on August 29th, 2019, 4:34 pm
Watching the Massiv POV I realized we have to climb to the top to get started. I am honestly going to be freaked out climbing stairs that high. No problem strapped in a coaster, but free, looking over stair railings is different for me. I hope I can do it, because I love water coasters, but the 3 I have been on had lift hills. Just won’t look down I guess. lol
ilrider

Postby coasterkidd100 on August 29th, 2019, 4:37 pm
If our water coaster is like the one at Six Flags Fiesta Texas we won't have to climb to the top. I am pretty sure the one in Fiesta Texas carries the raft with passengers already in it to the top of the slide kind of like how Loggers Run and Yankee Clipper do.
coasterkidd100

Postby UnclePennybags on August 29th, 2019, 6:17 pm
coasterkidd100 wrote:If our water coaster is like the one at Six Flags Fiesta Texas we won't have to climb to the top. I am pretty sure the one in Fiesta Texas carries the raft with passengers already in it to the top of the slide kind of like how Loggers Run and Yankee Clipper do.

Like others have mentioned, it would've been nice if they'd done a simple rendering of what this ride is going to look like and its exact location in Riptide Bay.

I hope Tsunami Surge will have a lift hill. I have two memories of my one and only ride on Tornado: (1) getting a hemorrhoid from hauling that damned raft up three flights of stairs by myself, and (2) the queue was 20 minutes long and I had the hottest chick I've ever seen at the park in front of me the entire time (hmm, hemorrhoid, hot chick, hemorrhoid, hot chick...not sure if the two cancel each other out).

Anyhow, a lift hill would be nice.
Last edited by UnclePennybags on August 29th, 2019, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnclePennybags

Postby ilrider on August 29th, 2019, 6:44 pm
coasterkidd100 wrote:If our water coaster is like the one at Six Flags Fiesta Texas we won't have to climb to the top. I am pretty sure the one in Fiesta Texas carries the raft with passengers already in it to the top of the slide kind of like how Loggers Run and Yankee Clipper do.

That’s a Proslide though I think. This one is by Whitewater, like Massiv is, which is almost as tall. I assume if it is 86 feet high we are climbing, but I hope not. I don’t mind climbing stairs at all, I just mind the height after awhile.
ilrider

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 29th, 2019, 7:28 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:

Like others have mentioned, it would've been nice if they'd done a simple rendering of what this ride is going to look like and its exact location in Riptide Bay.

I hope Tsunami Surge will have a lift hill. I have two memories of my one and only ride on Tornado: (1) getting a hemorrhoid from hauling that damned raft up three flights of stairs by myself, and (2) the queue was 20 minutes long and I had the hottest chick I've ever seen at the park in line in front of me (hmm, hemorrhoid, hot chick, hemorrhoid, hot chick...not sure if the two cancel each other out).

I’m very confused on how this caused you to get a hemorrhoid.....

Please know I’m just confused
NOT ASKING

B&MGuy35

Postby gottastrata33 on August 29th, 2019, 8:35 pm
Where does it say this is whitewater & not proslide?
gottastrata33

Postby ilrider on August 29th, 2019, 8:53 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Where does it say this is whitewater & not proslide?

Whitewater uses the AquaLucent effects mentioned in the ride description. I cannot find that term being used by ProSlide anywhere. The only water coaster close to this height is Massiv, also made by Whitewater. It seems like a safe assumption.
ilrider

Postby gottastrata33 on August 29th, 2019, 9:07 pm
You’re right. I’m still hoping for proslide. I was assuming proslide cause of two things - all our slides currently are proslide but obv that CAN change just never thought it would & they used TR in the video. But it’s SF footage sooo it makes sense. Proslide is just *chefs kiss* wonderful lol They are so much better at these rides but ya frickin know what? It’s what I’ve been askin for at the water park sooo I cant Complain really. Im still excited.
gottastrata33

Postby ilrider on August 29th, 2019, 9:16 pm
^I love the Proslides too and wanted one, believe me. That is what I figured we would get. Wildebeest and Mammoth at Holiday World are incredible. I am just happy we are getting a water coaster.
ilrider

Postby staticshadows on August 29th, 2019, 9:26 pm
It looks like SFGAm, Hurricane Harbor Rockford, and Hurricane Harbor Arlington are Whitewater West projects. I think the other three water slide projects are ProSlide.
staticshadows

Postby ilrider on August 29th, 2019, 9:45 pm
^Yeah, the HHR slide has the AquaLucent effects too, so must be.
ilrider

Postby gottastrata33 on August 29th, 2019, 9:57 pm
With the land we're workin with here I think we can pretty much bet this will be it. Didn't realize how compact it was. Yay stairs. Lol

I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby anewman35 on August 29th, 2019, 10:20 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:With the land we're workin with here I think we can pretty much bet this will be it. Didn't realize how compact it was. Yay stairs. Lol

Assuming the ride is similar to Massiv (which does seem likely), here are some links about it that some might find interesting:

https://www.schlitterbahn.com/galveston ... er-blaster
https://schlitterbahnnews.com/2016/06/m ... t-and-faq/

(Weirdly, one page says single riders are allowed and another says they aren't, wonder if that changed at some point?)
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on August 29th, 2019, 11:59 pm
Wow I missed A LOT in this thread. I’m sorry I didnt Notice you guys already posted pics & an overlay of Massiv’s layout in that plot already. It’s gonna look so wild there. Did anyone see the opening photos of Massiv with the WORLDS TALLEST WATER COASTER banner on it? I totally see SFGAm creating a similar banner to display the record on the steps lol
gottastrata33

Postby Jodon on August 30th, 2019, 8:38 am
It's all about timing. Hurricane Harbor is a fairly established brand. Hurricane Force 5 was going to be announced directly after a hurricane ravaged New Orleans. It would have looked incredibly insensitive. I don't think most people would have minded had they announced the Hurrican Force 5 name a few months later, but they decided to completely change the name.

Again, it's all about timing.
Jodon

Postby AirTimeDaz on August 30th, 2019, 9:52 am
UnclePennybags wrote:

I hope Tsunami Surge will have a lift hill. I have two memories of my one and only ride on Tornado: (1) getting a hemorrhoid from hauling that damned raft up three flights of stairs by myself, and (2) the queue was 20 minutes long and I had the hottest chick I've ever seen at the park in front of me the entire time (hmm, hemorrhoid, hot chick, hemorrhoid, hot chick...not sure if the two cancel each other out).

this is hilarous!! you WIN!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AirTimeDaz

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum