Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SiliconMessiah on August 7th, 2019, 3:09 pm
ChiefBeef234 wrote:As much as you guys like to bash on Six Flags, the other S&S put up this year at Kennywood, Steel Curtain, has been having operational issues as well, including being closed for entire weekends at a time. And the technical side of their ride is way less complicated then Maxx is. If Maxx goes down it's been fixed pretty swiftly and if it does go down for the rest of the day it's been up the next day.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... oser=false

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I read a news story this morning that it's still not operating. It's a shame, I don't wish that upon other parks / rides, but it does some good to show that MaxxForce's issues aren't so bad.
SiliconMessiah

Postby ChicagoCoasters on August 7th, 2019, 3:57 pm
Some shade is up. Don’t really like the color but that shade will be way better than waiting in the hot sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby cliffhanger on August 7th, 2019, 5:28 pm
ChicagoCoasters wrote:Some shade is up. Don’t really like the color but that shade will be way better than waiting in the hot sun.

I was hoping it was going to be a shade structure like the one they have at Steel Vengeance. This one is so ugly and old fashioned looking. Reminds me of the one at Goliath.
cliffhanger

Postby IssaCoaster on August 7th, 2019, 5:43 pm
cliffhanger wrote:
ChicagoCoasters wrote:Some shade is up. Don’t really like the color but that shade will be way better than waiting in the hot sun.

I was hoping it was going to be a shade structure like the one they have at Steel Vengeance. This one is so ugly and old fashioned looking. Reminds me of the one at Goliath.
You already know Six Flags. They have to keep it old school. A tradition. But about Steel Curtain, I guess we are fortunate that Maxx Force isbas problematic as that ride. That sucks though. Hopefully they will have everything fixed soon.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby Chirojon on August 7th, 2019, 6:44 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:So I got a question to ask. Why is it we can’t really hear the boom when riding Maxx Force? I noticed on all my rides on it I really couldn’t hear it.

Yes I wondered the same thing!!
Chirojon

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 7th, 2019, 8:56 pm
I could hear it a little while launching in the back row. I don't know the real reason to why you can't hear it but my guess is because you are just going so fast you aren't paying attention to the noise.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby UnclePennybags on August 7th, 2019, 10:13 pm

A different shot of the shading from Sky Trek Tower.
UnclePennybags

Postby AirTimeDaz on August 8th, 2019, 6:44 am
Tardis1972 wrote:So I got a question to ask. Why is it we can’t really hear the boom when riding Maxx Force? I noticed on all my rides on it I really couldn’t hear it.

I would assume the wind in your ears at 78 mph has a tendency to drown it out, but I made a point to listen for it (when i remembered to) and i can hear it (and feel it) but not nearly as loud as I thought it would be on ride.
AirTimeDaz

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 8th, 2019, 11:31 am
^ We rode Top Thrill in end of July and that ride sounds like an airplane taking off (from outside the ride) !
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Six Flags Fan on August 12th, 2019, 4:05 pm
I just learned that if you have Diamond Elite Membership you can now get free skip the line passes for Maxx Force every visit.
Six Flags Fan

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 12th, 2019, 5:30 pm
Six Flags Fan wrote:I just learned that if you have Diamond Elite Membership you can now get free skip the line passes for Maxx Force every visit.

Past the allotted 50 for the day?

B&MGuy35

Postby IssaCoaster on August 12th, 2019, 5:45 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^ We rode Top Thrill in end of July and that ride sounds like an airplane taking off (from outside the ride) !
I can confirm this. It sounds amazing.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 18th, 2019, 8:50 pm
Update: They finally have the screens up for viewing your photo, but I still don’t know where the cameras are going to go.

How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby redrobinround on August 20th, 2019, 1:38 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:Update: They finally have the screens up for viewing your photo, but I still don’t know where the cameras are going to go.

dive loop by brake run

redrobinround

Postby JaminOut on August 20th, 2019, 5:59 pm
redrobinround wrote:
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:Update: They finally have the screens up for viewing your photo, but I still don’t know where the cameras are going to go.

dive loop by brake run

That is literally the dumbest place to put the camera. I would much rather my photo be taken during the launch, and there is no reason (as far as I’m aware) it can’t be taken there.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby redrobinround on August 20th, 2019, 6:39 pm
JaminOut wrote:
redrobinround wrote:

That is literally the dumbest place to put the camera. I would much rather my photo be taken during the launch, and there is no reason (as far as I’m aware) it can’t be taken there.
IMG_3175.JPG
I believe that tower is the camera rig isnt it?

redrobinround

Postby Tardis1972 on August 20th, 2019, 7:10 pm
JaminOut wrote:
redrobinround wrote:

dive loop by brake run

I agree with you on both points. On TTD you get your first photo taken during the launch so yeah they same could of been done with Maxx Force.
Tardis1972

Postby gottastrata33 on August 20th, 2019, 9:37 pm
With most rides I wouldn't understand the camera being at the end but with this, it makes sense to see your ending reaction. So much happens in a short amount of time.

Also now that the shade structure is up, I have To say I'm sorry to b**** but it looks awful. One it's all rusty, not painted. Two it's blocking the one view you get of the first nice station they've built in years. Wtf. Also brown?! What is goin on?
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 21st, 2019, 11:23 am
Has anyone seen the total cost and track length for Maxx??

CoasterRiderSC

Postby ChicagoCoasters on August 21st, 2019, 5:44 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Has anyone seen the total cost and track length for Maxx??

Track length is 1,800 feet according to RCDB.

1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 22nd, 2019, 7:56 am
^ Thanks! I hadn't noticed they updated it there.

Does anyone have a definitive answer on what makes the boom after the launch?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby SaveTheWAVE on August 22nd, 2019, 8:10 am
There is a piston that is attached to the launch dog. It is charged with compressed air when the train is in the ready position. When Maxx Force launches, the air ram makes its way down the track. The BOOM is caused by the difference in air pressure (approximately 1 Atmosphere) between the initial charging and release of air

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 22nd, 2019, 1:03 pm
^ Great explanation! Thanks!!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Tardis1972 on August 22nd, 2019, 4:16 pm
^ Going off the question you asked why is boom so the loud by Whizzer? That seems to be the loudest place you hear it.
^^ When you say launch dog are you talking about the catch car that the train connects to?
Tardis1972

Postby SaveTheWAVE on August 22nd, 2019, 5:30 pm
Yes, the launch dog and the catch car are the same thing. Maintenance just calls it a "dog."

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum