Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby jmanporty7 on August 9th, 2019, 10:30 pm
First of all. RMC Eagle is NOT happening for 2020. They would already announced a closure by now, if not already closed.

JT2002 wrote:Or we're getting a custom RMC Raptor in BB's spot, and Eagle goes silent for a year (16 coasters). Then it gets RMC'd and we have 3 RMCs!

By Six Flags way of thinking, we already have had 3 straight years of coasters...
2017 - Joker
2018 - Hangover (Not a coaster, even tho they consider it one)
2019 - Maxx Force

As of right now, the earliest RMC Eagle can open in 2021. If a raptor were to come in 2020 (Which I'm 99.9% sure won't happen) that mean's we would have 5 STRAIGHT YEARS of roller coaster additions (again by Six Flags way of thinking) assuming Eagle is RMC'd for 2021. I think that's a little overkill.
jmanporty7

Postby rluecht72 on August 9th, 2019, 10:44 pm
i would really love to see the go karts gone. its such a headache breathing in the fumes and is an eyesore. besides the workers path, on the other side of BB is a massive queue that hasnt been used since Dejavu( i think they added that q for BB). Easily enough room for that raptor i thought we could have got for 2019. Im thinking 2021 for a raptor or RMC The GREAT American Eagle. (that'll take us out of the twisted, steel, Iron, and new title).
rluecht72

Postby gottastrata33 on August 10th, 2019, 12:03 am
rluecht72 wrote:i would really love to see the go karts gone. its such a headache breathing in the fumes and is an eyesore. besides the workers path, on the other side of BB is a massive queue that hasnt been used since Dejavu( i think they added that q for BB). Easily enough room for that raptor i thought we could have got for 2019. Im thinking 2021 for a raptor or RMC The GREAT American Eagle. (that'll take us out of the twisted, steel, Iron, and new title).

Honestly love this frickin name. Just like I’d want them to name our skyscreamer, the Great American skyscreamer ;)
gottastrata33

Postby BroServant7 on August 10th, 2019, 12:46 am
gottastrata33 wrote:
WolfRaging95 wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:Surprised the next teaser isn't out yet. Everyone ready to be more thrown off? Ok Ok I'm talkin about myself here. Lol

I am surprised it is not out yet.

Maybeee they're waiting til about now for more traffic on it. Idk. Or we're not getting one haha

I've noticed they post close to 6:00 (Central Time zone of course)
BroServant7

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 10th, 2019, 9:56 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:First of all. RMC Eagle is NOT happening for 2020. They would already announced a closure by now, if not already closed.

JT2002 wrote:Or we're getting a custom RMC Raptor in BB's spot, and Eagle goes silent for a year (16 coasters). Then it gets RMC'd and we have 3 RMCs!

By Six Flags way of thinking, we already have had 3 straight years of coasters...
2017 - Joker
2018 - Hangover (Not a coaster, even tho they consider it one)
2019 - Maxx Force

As of right now, the earliest RMC Eagle can open in 2021. If a raptor were to come in 2020 (Which I'm 99.9% sure won't happen) that mean's we would have 5 STRAIGHT YEARS of roller coaster additions (again by Six Flags way of thinking) assuming Eagle is RMC'd for 2021. I think that's a little overkill.

I have to agree with you about Eagle not closing after this year. If it was, they would have definitely announced it by now to increase attendance in the park.

As for coasters, I don't think Six Flags really considers super loop a coaster, but they just "marketed" it as one. Nobody in their right mind thinks that super loop is a coaster! In all reality, I think The Edge was more of a coaster than the super loop.

As for the Giant Discovery or Giant Frisbee, would it fit in River Rocker's space? I've heard that River Rocker, Rue Le Dodge are nearing end of life, as is Eagle. And Great American Eagle is a splendid name!!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby jmanporty7 on August 10th, 2019, 10:11 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I have to agree with you about Eagle not closing after this year. If it was, they would have definitely announced it by now to increase attendance in the park.

As for coasters, I don't think Six Flags really considers super loop a coaster, but they just "marketed" it as one. Nobody in their right mind thinks that super loop is a coaster! In all reality, I think The Edge was more of a coaster than the super loop.

As for the Giant Discovery or Giant Frisbee, would it fit in River Rocker's space? I've heard that River Rocker, Rue Le Dodge are nearing end of life, as is Eagle. And Great American Eagle is a splendid name!!

I'm not saying that Eagle can't close by the end of the 2019 season. It's just if we were expecting a RMC Eagle ready for 2020, it would have already been closed.

It could close on the last day of Fright Fest and be "SBNO" in 2020 as it's being transformed and be ready by Memorial Day (wishful thinking that it would open at least that early) in 2021.
jmanporty7

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 11th, 2019, 6:34 pm
^ If they DID close it this year, I'm thinking it's SBNO all of 2020, and Great American Eagle or Steel Eagle , etc opens in 2021!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 11th, 2019, 6:37 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote: As for the Giant Discovery or Giant Frisbee, would it fit in River Rocker's space? I've heard that River Rocker, Rue Le Dodge are nearing end of life, as is Eagle. And Great American Eagle is a splendid name!!

I don't think you mean River Rocker. River Rocker (the swinging boat ride) is not that old of a ride. It's around 20 years old. You probably mean Ricochet, the Huss Swing Around. Wooden coasters are never really end of life rides. However, they would have to replace so much wood that it might not be worth it to keep it (such as for the lifthill area as to why they supposedly don't race them anymore). Some other "end of life" rides are more like the Whizzer, Triple Play, the Lobster, the Demon, Whirligig, Hometown Fun Machine, and Fiddler's Fling. These rides are in their 40's. Based on manufacturers still around and how easy it is to get parts, Whizzer, Demon, Fiddler's Fling, and the Lobster are the worst of these rides.

For Whirligig or Hometown Fun Machine, you could literally buy a brand new one of those rides.They probably won't, but you could. Knowing them, they probably just trash the Whirligig, and buy a Skyscreamer, and say that's your replacement. They could even buy a used Scrambler that is newer than what they have (but they probably wouldn't). Scramblers are still everywhere. Rides like that Lobster are not everywhere. That ride is a dying breed.

Right now, this corporation is going for basically prototype rides that are mostly broken all the time. As much I like pendulums, the rides do NOT have to be that tall in the air like they are. When they have broken motors on those rides, I'm NOT shocked. They are just too tall for no reason. I want a LONG pendulum ride, but it doesn't have to be tall at all (A 2 1/2 minute - 3 minute ride). Just swing a bunch. Too tall of rides just adds more weight to the arm that is unnecessary. For instance, Wonder Woman at Great Adventure is 170 feet tall, but Kings Dominion is 115 feet tall. I would take Kings Dominion version over Wonder Woman because the motor won't break as much, but just give me a 2 1/2 minute - 3 minute ride. Call Kings Dominion ride, Wonder Woman! The gimmick though is that it's soooo tall with broken motors all the time. It seems every single 170 foot tall pendulum they have built has had some sort of motor problem. It doesn't need to be that tall. It's dumb. At least 4 of them I know for sure had broken motors so far; Great Adventure, Fiesta Texas, Magic Mountain, and Over Texas. No one talks about Discovery Kingdom much, so I don't know about that one, but probably.

The S&S Freefly were prototypes. You have the goofy Cyborg ride at Six Flags Great Adventure. You have a rumor for a new Zamperla ride maybe going to Fiesta Texas next year. Maxx Force is almost like a protoype. They put in new Larson Loopers that have a completely different design than the carnival versions. They put in the Harley Quinn ride / coaster at Discovery Kingdom which is a prototype. The RMC Wonder Woman at Fiesta Texas is another prototype. They even started getting into the RMCs (First, you had Texas Giant), and than X-Flight was one of the first of that type of ride. Going back, you even had Skyscreamers. Buccaneer Battle was probably a prototype. My point is that them replacing a Scrambler with a Scrambler, or them replacing a Zierer Wave Swinger with a Wave Swinger I really, really doubt is ever going to happen. They are too much with prototypes now (New designs).

Six Flags has become a new car salesman. We have this new ride you never seen before. This ride is the tallest you seen ever. This is the fastest you ever seen. This ride has the most inversions for the shortest ride ever. This is the biggest loop ever. This ride will give you the most bruises (RMC Wonder Woman). We have this ride that looks like a scientific thing (Cyborg). It looks amazing, and it will bore you to death. Six Flags might market that; "coolest looking ride that will bore you to death."
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Falcon on August 12th, 2019, 7:30 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:

Right now, this corporation is going for basically prototype rides that are mostly broken all the time. As much I like pendulums, the rides do NOT have to be that tall in the air like they are. When they have broken motors on those rides, I'm NOT shocked. They are just too tall for no reason. I want a LONG pendulum ride, but it doesn't have to be tall at all (A 2 1/2 minute - 3 minute ride). Just swing a bunch. Too tall of rides just adds more weight to the arm that is unnecessary. For instance, Wonder Woman at Great Adventure is 170 feet tall, but Kings Dominion is 115 feet tall. I would take Kings Dominion version over Wonder Woman because the motor won't break as much, but just give me a 2 1/2 minute - 3 minute ride. Call Kings Dominion ride, Wonder Woman! The gimmick though is that it's soooo tall with broken motors all the time. It seems every single 170 foot tall pendulum they have built has had some sort of motor problem. It doesn't need to be that tall. It's dumb. At least 4 of them I know for sure had broken motors so far; Great Adventure, Fiesta Texas, Magic Mountain, and Over Texas. No one talks about Discovery Kingdom much, so I don't know about that one, but probably.

[/quote]

That's not how engineering works. Like, at all. The size of something doesn't influence weather or not it "breaks down". As long as the engineer spec's the motor correctly for the application a machine will run reliably. I highly doubt every time one of these rides go down they are replacing the entire motor. 99.99% of amusement part ride "break downs" are probably due to some kind of sensor reading mismatch.
Falcon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 12th, 2019, 9:47 am
^^ I thought I read (on another forum) that River Rocker was near end of life. Rue Le Dodge is surely near end of life at 43 yo ! That could come out for sure.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby JaminOut on August 12th, 2019, 12:16 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^^ I thought I read (on another forum) that River Rocker was near end of life. Rue Le Dodge is surely near end of life at 43 yo ! That could come out for sure.

I would disagree about Rue Le Dodge. Age does not mean a ride is coming to the end of its service life, but rather the amount of maintenance a ride receives. Rue Le Dodge seems to be well upkept by the park. I couldn’t see it going anywhere for a long while.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 12th, 2019, 1:43 pm
JaminOut wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^^ I thought I read (on another forum) that River Rocker was near end of life. Rue Le Dodge is surely near end of life at 43 yo ! That could come out for sure.

I would disagree about Rue Le Dodge. Age does not mean a ride is coming to the end of its service life, but rather the amount of maintenance a ride receives. Rue Le Dodge seems to be well upkept by the park. I couldn’t see it going anywhere for a long while.

I read on that other forum that Rue is indeed near the end of its life. The person that wrote it is a mechanic/maintenance person at the park.

Also, a young age doesn't guarantee a ride stays either! Shockwave was 14 yo when it got taken down :)

CoasterRiderSC

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 12th, 2019, 2:13 pm
JaminOut wrote:

Rue isn’t going anywhere. It’s the worlds largest bumper car floor and we all know how much six flags likes those records!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby gottastrata33 on August 12th, 2019, 5:44 pm
Y'all ever heard of Kennywood? Cmon.
gottastrata33

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 12th, 2019, 8:11 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
JaminOut wrote:

I read on that other forum that Rue is indeed near the end of its life. The person that wrote it is a mechanic/maintenance person at the park.

Also, a young age doesn't guarantee a ride stays either! Shockwave was 14 yo when it got taken down :)

So many cars on Rue Le Dodge are messed up. That to me is close to an end of life ride no matter if it's the biggest or smallest floor. They need new bumper cars already. I doubt however they would buy new bumper cars. They would just tear it down, and build something else. They also could use that building and the arcade building for a dark ride eventually. I personally would like 2 separate INDOOR rides instead such as a Chance Freestyle in one part of that building (if possible?), and a Tilt-A-Whirl, in the other 1/2 of that building.

I still don't believe River Rocker is even close to an end of life ride, but if you believe it; you believe it. What I know is that the River Rocker is like a Zamperla Galleon, and for instance, Kiddieland used to have a Zamperla Galleon. That Galleon is from 1986, and now it's supposed to be used at Edaville, Massachusetts. As much as I would want parks to remove a swinging ship, I don't know of amusement parks that have removed them completely. The only ones that get removed that I know of are because the amusement park shuts down such as Kiddieland, Saint Nick's Village, and Bowcraft. The rides that most resemble them that actually get removed are the Intamin Looping Ships (such as Power Dive), but those go completely upside down, and are very much different. To me, those get removed because a lot people just don't like them / somewhat painful restraints.

If you are looking at operation capacity, and brokenness; Giant Drop last time I went to the park has 5 seats broken (1 car is broken (stuck at the top), and at LEAST 1 seat on another car is broken). That ride now is only running 19 people, and there might even be more broken seats on the other cars. I don't know. I see a 19 person capacity ride only. That is really bad for a ride that has bad capacity already. That ride is also not cheap to run being a 3 person operational flat ride. With how much that ride costs initially, how bad of capacity per ride it has right now, and 3 people operating i (Meaning it costs more money to run that ride because you are paying 3 people to run it as compared to Chubasco which is only 1 person), if I'm the park, I want a 30 minute line all the time. I doubt it gets that.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby rct2123 on August 12th, 2019, 11:09 pm
Haven't been here in 12 years! Last login was August 31st of 2007. Where does the time go?

Regardless, my adult life has brought me back to the hobby of roller coasters. Good to be back!

To get back to the original topic, I am in camp water coaster (very controversial, right?). I think the numbers make sense for a water coaster, it's been years since HH had an expansion, and we just got Maxx Force this year, so a coaster is likely out of the question. It could be a flat ride too, but the teasers feel like a HH addition.

I wouldn't be surprised if an RMC raptor replacing BB, and an RMC of the Eagle both happen in the coming years, though.
rct2123

Postby IssaCoaster on August 12th, 2019, 11:11 pm
rct2123 wrote:Haven't been here in 12 years! Last login was August 31st of 2007. Where does the time go?

Regardless, my adult life has brought me back to the hobby of roller coasters. Good to be back!

To get back to the original topic, I am in camp water coaster (very controversial, right?). I think the numbers make sense for a water coaster, it's been years since HH had an expansion, and we just got Maxx Force this year, so a coaster is likely out of the question. It could be a flat ride too, but the teasers feel like a HH addition.

I wouldn't be surprised if an RMC raptor replacing BB, and an RMC of the Eagle both happen in the coming years, though.
Agreed.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 13th, 2019, 12:01 am
Six Flags Great America will never get a Raptor because of the capacity. Those are made for smaller sparks hence why Fiesta Taxas has it. If we see anything like that it will be a T-Rex or the other new model they are working on. And to be clear Alan Schilke has stated that the T-Rex is still years off and the other model would come first before it.

B&MGuy35

Postby JT2002 on August 13th, 2019, 9:04 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:
So many cars on Rue Le Dodge are messed up. That to me is close to an end of life ride no matter if it's the biggest or smallest floor. They need new bumper cars already. I doubt however they would buy new bumper cars. They would just tear it down, and build something else. They also could use that building and the arcade building for a dark ride eventually. I personally would like 2 separate INDOOR rides instead such as a Chance Freestyle in one part of that building (if possible?), and a Tilt-A-Whirl, in the other 1/2 of that building.

I still don't believe River Rocker is even close to an end of life ride, but if you believe it; you believe it. What I know is that the River Rocker is like a Zamperla Galleon, and for instance, Kiddieland used to have a Zamperla Galleon. That Galleon is from 1986, and now it's supposed to be used at Edaville, Massachusetts. As much as I would want parks to remove a swinging ship, I don't know of amusement parks that have removed them completely. The only ones that get removed that I know of are because the amusement park shuts down such as Kiddieland, Saint Nick's Village, and Bowcraft. The rides that most resemble them that actually get removed are the Intamin Looping Ships (such as Power Dive), but those go completely upside down, and are very much different. To me, those get removed because a lot people just don't like them / somewhat painful restraints.

If you are looking at operation capacity, and brokenness; Giant Drop last time I went to the park has 5 seats broken (1 car is broken (stuck at the top), and at LEAST 1 seat on another car is broken). That ride now is only running 19 people, and there might even be more broken seats on the other cars. I don't know. I see a 19 person capacity ride only. That is really bad for a ride that has bad capacity already. That ride is also not cheap to run being a 3 person operational flat ride. With how much that ride costs initially, how bad of capacity per ride it has right now, and 3 people operating i (Meaning it costs more money to run that ride because you are paying 3 people to run it as compared to Chubasco which is only 1 person), if I'm the park, I want a 30 minute line all the time. I doubt it gets that.

I think, and hope, the park will do everything it can to save Rue as it's a fan favorite and a world record holder. Also, maintenance is really slow and gets behind on projects a lot due to "lack of time and resources", most if them just sit around with their phones out onstage unless they're working solo. No surprise they're behind on Drop, bad weather really messes it up, especially when they try to operate when it's windy (that's when it gets stuck). Demon will be gone before Rue though.
JT2002

Postby jmanporty7 on August 13th, 2019, 9:27 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:Six Flags Great America will never get a Raptor because of the capacity. Those are made for smaller sparks hence why Fiesta Taxas has it. If we see anything like that it will be a T-Rex or the other new model they are working on. And to be clear Alan Schilke has stated that the T-Rex is still years off and the other model would come first before it.

There's a third single rail model RMC is working on? I had no idea about this... do you have any more info about this? I am all of a sudden very intrigued by this! :lol: :lol:
jmanporty7

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 13th, 2019, 10:00 am
jmanporty7 wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:Six Flags Great America will never get a Raptor because of the capacity. Those are made for smaller sparks hence why Fiesta Taxas has it. If we see anything like that it will be a T-Rex or the other new model they are working on. And to be clear Alan Schilke has stated that the T-Rex is still years off and the other model would come first before it.

There's a third single rail model RMC is working on? I had no idea about this... do you have any more info about this? I am all of a sudden very intrigued by this! :lol: :lol:

Here’s the interview from IAAPA 2018 back in November where he talks about it. The raptor topic comes up around 8:36.

https://youtu.be/3XhcTLohwJU

B&MGuy35

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 13th, 2019, 11:56 am
^^^^ I possibly misspoke about River Rocker nearing end of life! I apologize for any confusion I created.
I think I confused the writer's comments about rides near end of life. But Rue was definitely in that list, as well as Hometown Fun Machine, and I think Fiddler's Fling.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby JT2002 on August 13th, 2019, 1:43 pm
Magic Waters is doing teaser stuff too, https://twitter.com/magic_waters/status/1161340924267573250 sounds like it's a tropical/surfing themed addition from their lingo. Would this have any effect on what we're getting?
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby staticshadows on August 13th, 2019, 1:59 pm
JT2002 wrote:Magic Waters is doing teaser stuff too, https://twitter.com/magic_waters/status/1161340924267573250 sounds like it's a tropical/surfing themed addition from their lingo. Would this have any effect on what we're getting?

The original plans in 2016 called for a Boomerango slide by Whitewater West to be added in the future. Here is a presentation that shows the slide sharing the tower that the Aqua Loop is on. It will be interesting to see if Six Flags sticks with those plans or adds something else there.
https://go.boarddocs.com/il/rpd/Board.nsf/files/AASK874FBB19/$file/2017%20upgrades%20board%20presentation%206-13-16%20Final%20%5BRead-Only%5D.pdf

https://www.whitewaterwest.com/products/boomerango/
staticshadows

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 14th, 2019, 11:48 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^^^^ I possibly misspoke about River Rocker nearing end of life! I apologize for any confusion I created.
I think I confused the writer's comments about rides near end of life. But Rue was definitely in that list, as well as Hometown Fun Machine, and I think Fiddler's Fling.

No problem.
Ilovthevu'

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum