Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Ilovthevu' on August 3rd, 2019, 10:27 pm
Argument at Six Flags Great America last year (during October Fight Fest), I've never seen it until now:
https://www.facebook.com/honey.daniels. ... 307254691/

If I had to guess, the guy said something bad about the kid (Maybe in line??), and she is confronting him.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby JT2002 on August 4th, 2019, 6:45 pm
So Six Flags is coming out with a new pass (though I can't find it on the website yet, it is only at member services in the park). VIP self-guided tours (lol, it's not a tour). Which, for $199 a day (not including park admission) you can get an all day skip the line pass (go up the exit for every ride except Maxx Force), and Lunch, Dinner, and a snack with an all day free refills sports bottle.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby DeathbyDinn on August 4th, 2019, 10:49 pm
^ I saw signs for that around the park and thought it was a bit odd at first, but thinking about it, I don't think I've ever seen a VIP tour going around the park. At parks like Disney and Universal it's a big business but at Six Flags, probably not so much. Looking at the park website which still lists the guided tours, you can't book one past August 11th so that might be when they're phased out. At a cheaper price point, maybe a self-guided tour will work better for the park.
DeathbyDinn

Postby gottastrata33 on August 5th, 2019, 12:02 am
For $200 you better be able to skip any ride line. That’s more the two park Disneyland ticket. No.
gottastrata33

Postby Coaster Justin on August 5th, 2019, 4:38 am
gottastrata33 wrote:For $200 you better be able to skip any ride line. That’s more the two park Disneyland ticket. No.

A 2 Park Disneyland Ticket is $280
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby gottastrata33 on August 5th, 2019, 4:29 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:For $200 you better be able to skip any ride line. That’s more the two park Disneyland ticket. No.

A 2 Park Disneyland Ticket is $280

I paid at the gate, it was $160 so idk
gottastrata33

Postby JT2002 on August 5th, 2019, 6:16 pm

$200 plus admission
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby anewman35 on August 5th, 2019, 9:29 pm
JT2002 wrote:So Six Flags is coming out with a new pass (though I can't find it on the website yet, it is only at member services in the park). VIP self-guided tours (lol, it's not a tour). Which, for $199 a day (not including park admission) you can get an all day skip the line pass (go up the exit for every ride except Maxx Force), and Lunch, Dinner, and a snack with an all day free refills sports bottle.

I saw signs for that in the park. The 'go up the exit' part of it pisses me off, frankly. Flash Pass annoys me enough, but at least that connects with the main line at some point. But there's nothing more annoying than being about to go on a ride and having somebody from the exit take your spot. It's one thing if it's a disability thing, but if somebody gets to do that just because they paid for it? Grr.....
anewman35

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 5th, 2019, 11:03 pm
This park does not seem to have anyone that just checks around lines, or atmosphere. They also seem to not care about running air conditioning anymore in really warm weather. You have fans for Batman: The Ride, and they are not on when it's 89 degrees out. Some of the fans even have dust, or some other filth on them. For the tvs, they don't have the speakers on to go with the tvs, just other park random music. 2 of the water fountains are broke at 2 different bathrooms. I know one of them is across from the Lobster. What air conditioning do they have for the bathroom? You go to the one across from the Rue Le Dodge, and they just have a blower fan instead of real air conditioning when it's 89 degrees. I also found for 1 bathroom stall, you couldn't shut the door because the piece to shut the door was gone (probably across from the Lobster). What air conditioning are they not running for The Dark Knight Coaster Theater Royale building. Everyone is dripping sweat in line in there.

One part of the brown / wooden fence is caving to the right of Raging Bull's line. It's just past the queue house, and some girl went towards that fence, and could have twisted her ankle going into the mud, more. How is that not fixed? The fence is supposed to keep you from going towards the mud, but it's so slanted, that you could break your ankle that way. Last time, I rode Ricochet, the chain that is supposed to separate line 2 from 3 was broke, and it didn't have an end to it. They can't use that chain right now. Also, with Riochet, one part of the fence you could lean on it, and it sways. That's not right either. Only time will tell when that fence will break apart completely. It's a simple fix. It just needs new nails in the posts. Look at the HUGE fan of Rue Le Dodge (in the back). It's filled with so much DUST for months, at least. And the dust is blowing towards guests on that ride.

This park is getting rundown. Even the air conditioning for Batman: The Ride (in the tunnel) was so low. It barely was going at all. Also, I noticed the white spotlight for V2 is not on either (on the left side of the ride). The ride area looks so dark now.

The heads up of the park don't walk the lines of the rides. They probably just go up the exit, and that's it. They don't understand that some of the stuff is completely messed up. Random stuff just needs fixing overtime. The park tries to eliminate all the air conditioning they can, but people want air conditioning.

And another poor management type of thing that makes no sense, for getting back in the park, they made us go through the Member line. They made everyone go through the member line. This is so dumb. They had 2 lines really open, but than you couldn't go in the other line because it got you no where. The other line was NOT shut, but yet you couldn't go in in the back and forth parts of that line. Than, security yells at people; don't go under the ropes, but yet they can't even figure out what in the world they are doing. Is this really an amusement park that's been around for 40 years, or is this Hard Rock Park / Wild West World formerly in Kansas? It sure is becoming more and more UN-family friendly yearly, and more edgy. You got to love, they have Hooters advertisements they give out to people when they park.
_______
And the one thing that no one cares about at all, is that they painted the roof for the Superman store a brighter type of blue. Like, that was really important instead of all of this other stuff messed up around the park.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby gottastrata33 on August 6th, 2019, 1:56 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:This park does not seem to have anyone that just checks around lines, or atmosphere. They also seem to not care about running air conditioning anymore in really warm weather. You have fans for outdoor Batman ride, and they are not on when it's 89 degrees out. Some of the fans even have dust, or some other filth on them. For the tvs, they don't have the speakers on to go with the tvs, just other park random music. 2 of the water fountains are broke at 2 different bathrooms. I know one of them is across from the Lobster. What air conditioning do they have for the bathroom? You go to the one across from the Rue Le Dodge, and they just have a blower fan instead of real air conditioning when it's 89 degrees. I also found for 1 bathroom stall, you couldn't shut the door because the piece to shut the door was gone (probably across from the Lobster). What air conditioning are they not running for the indoor Batman Theater Royale building. Everyone is dripping sweat in line in there.

One part of the brown / wooden fence is caving to the right of Raging Bull's line. It's just past the queue house, and some girl went towards that fence, and could have twisted her ankle going into the mud, more. How is that not fixed? The fence is supposed to keep you from going towards the mud, but it's so slanted, that you could break your ankle that way. Last time, I rode Ricochet, the chain that is supposed to separate line 2 from 3 was broke, and it didn't have an end to it. They can't use that chain right now. Also, with Riochet, one part of the fence you could lean on it, and it sways. That's not right either. Only time will tell when that fence will break apart completely. It's a simple fix. It just needs new nails in the posts. Look at the HUGE fan of Rue Le Dodge (in the back). It's filled with so much DUST for months, at least. And the dust is blowing towards guests on that ride.

This park is getting rundown. Even the air conditioning for outdoor Batman (in the tunnel) was so low. It barely was going at all. Also, I noticed the white spotlight for V2 is not on either (on the left side of the ride). The ride area looks so dark now.

The heads up of the park don't walk the lines of the rides. They probably just go up the exit, and that's it. They don't understand that some of the stuff is completely messed up. Random stuff just needs fixing overtime. The park tries to eliminate all the air conditioning they can, but people want air conditioning.

And another poor management type of thing that makes no sense, for getting back in the park, they made us go through the Member line. They made everyone go through the member line. This is so dumb. They had 2 lines really open, but than you couldn't go in the other line because it got you no where. The other line was NOT shut, but yet you couldn't go in in the back and forth parts of that line. Than, security yells at people; don't go under the ropes, but yet they can't even figure out what in the world they are doing. Is this really an amusement park that's been around for 40 years, or is this Hard Rock Park / Wild West World formerly in Kansas? It sure is becoming more and more UN-family friendly yearly, and more edgy. You got to love, they have Hooters advertisements they give out to people when they park.
_______
And the one thing that no one cares about at all, is that they painted the roof for the Superman store a brighter type of blue. Like, that was really important instead of all of this other stuff messed up around the park.

You have a lot to say, so go tell them. There was a piece of wood dangling from RBs que house so we told them at the station & guest relations. It’s gone. Maybe they’ll take what you say seriously. They did for our complaint. Some of these things I know Will be more to fix. However, that fence at bull, I've watched so many people fall on that or drop into there, myself included sadly. It is bad I’ll admit.
gottastrata33

Postby JT2002 on August 6th, 2019, 8:12 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:This park does not seem to have anyone that just checks around lines, or atmosphere. They also seem to not care about running air conditioning anymore in really warm weather. You have fans for outdoor Batman ride, and they are not on when it's 89 degrees out. Some of the fans even have dust, or some other filth on them. For the tvs, they don't have the speakers on to go with the tvs, just other park random music. 2 of the water fountains are broke at 2 different bathrooms. I know one of them is across from the Lobster. What air conditioning do they have for the bathroom? You go to the one across from the Rue Le Dodge, and they just have a blower fan instead of real air conditioning when it's 89 degrees. I also found for 1 bathroom stall, you couldn't shut the door because the piece to shut the door was gone (probably across from the Lobster). What air conditioning are they not running for the indoor Batman Theater Royale building. Everyone is dripping sweat in line in there.

This park is getting rundown. Even the air conditioning for outdoor Batman (in the tunnel) was so low. It barely was going at all. Also, I noticed the white spotlight for V2 is not on either (on the left side of the ride). The ride area looks so dark now.

_______

Yes, basically everyone on this forum knows the park's infrastructure is crumbling right in front of our eyes, and the maintenance crews always say they have so many "projects" but they just aren't given the resources and funds to catch up. This is a complaint for management, you're voicing your concerns to the wrong crowd, it's literally becoming spam.
JT2002

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 6th, 2019, 9:59 am
^^ I totally agree with you on all your points. Like Gottastrata said, take these to guest relations. Also try to get them to Hank. Maybe Rob (our videographer) could you help you with that?

While they're at it, could they do something about all the weeds! Those in the queues for Goliath and Eagle, for example, are tall enough to go on the rides!!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 7th, 2019, 9:56 pm
What is November 9th, and 10th? It's on the calendar. Fright Fest ends November 3rd. Are they seriously only having the Last Call only 1 weekend this year? They should call the Last Call event, Last Call to ride the Whizzer, plus a lot of the flat rides as they shut them down for the Christmas event. I understand why except cough Balloons, cough Triple Play (open at the other park during Christmas / Saint Nicholas Village), but that is really what it is, a last call for those rides till next year.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 7th, 2019, 10:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ilovthevu'

Postby staticshadows on August 7th, 2019, 10:05 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:What is November 9th, and 10th? It's on the calendar. The October thing ends November 3rd. Are they seriously only having the Last Call only 1 weekend this year? They should call the Last Call event, Last Call to ride the Whizzer, plus a lot of the flat rides as they shut them down for the Christmas event.

For Nov 9th info, read the previous page.
staticshadows

Postby AirTimeDaz on August 8th, 2019, 6:53 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^^ I totally agree with you on all your points. Like Gottastrata said, take these to guest relations. Also try to get them to Hank. Maybe Rob (our videographer) could you help you with that?

While they're at it, could they do something about all the weeds! Those in the queues for Goliath and Eagle, for example, are tall enough to go on the rides!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
AirTimeDaz

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 9th, 2019, 2:34 pm
Did anyone else get an email about BAFF day on 8/14 or 8/15 ?? I just got it yesterday but the actual benefit does NOT show up in the Portal. I sent question to Six Flags but haven't heard back yet.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby JT2002 on August 9th, 2019, 6:47 pm
For anyone that's interested, August 17th is a member appreciation day, but they are doing an ert from 9:10-10:30 am on Joker, Batman, Dark Knight, and Superman for every guest that is a member or wears Batman themed apparel (in celebration of 80 years of Batman)
JT2002

Postby anewman35 on August 9th, 2019, 11:44 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Did anyone else get an email about BAFF day on 8/14 or 8/15 ?? I just got it yesterday but the actual benefit does NOT show up in the Portal. I sent question to Six Flags but haven't heard back yet.

I did, and, yes, I had the same concern as I plan to use it. I figured I would wait to show up, or worst case scenario I'd show them the e-mail. Let us know if you hear back, through.
anewman35

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 11th, 2019, 6:36 pm
anewman35 wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Did anyone else get an email about BAFF day on 8/14 or 8/15 ?? I just got it yesterday but the actual benefit does NOT show up in the Portal. I sent question to Six Flags but haven't heard back yet.

I did, and, yes, I had the same concern as I plan to use it. I figured I would wait to show up, or worst case scenario I'd show them the e-mail. Let us know if you hear back, through.

Six Flags called today and left me a voicemail: They WILL honor the BAFF for 8/14 or 8/15! She said to be safe bring a copy of email or a screen shot in case the benefit doesn't show up in Portal.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 14th, 2019, 11:22 am
WiFi seems to be working
Six Flags Guest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby anewman35 on August 14th, 2019, 7:41 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
anewman35 wrote:

Six Flags called today and left me a voicemail: They WILL honor the BAFF for 8/14 or 8/15! She said to be safe bring a copy of email or a screen shot in case the benefit doesn't show up in Portal.

I went today and didn't have any problem using it, even though it didn't ever show in my portal.

And, yes, I was just about to post also that Wifi is active...
anewman35

Postby got2havefun on August 14th, 2019, 9:12 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:WiFi seems to be working
Six Flags Guest

So mobile dining still coming?
got2havefun

Postby anewman35 on August 14th, 2019, 9:54 pm
got2havefun wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:WiFi seems to be working
Six Flags Guest

So mobile dining still coming?

I would hope so, it;s definitely not there yet...
anewman35

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 16th, 2019, 12:46 am
On August 15th, Roaring Rapids was NOT normal operation. It's pathetic operation. They had 1 person on the turntable where usually the most is 3 people, and than other times they have 2 people. This means they have a person standing with each raft around the turntable area. So, 1 person would mean they only have 1 raft around the entire turntable area at a time. This to me is so stupid that they even have to do that. That line was a 90 minute wait till about the "Roaring Rapids bridge" for the line. It seems like the only thing in the park understaffed was Roaring Rapids. I seen all the games open. They can't get 1 more person to be on Roaring Rapids. That line was SO BAD. Stay AWAY if you see 1 person on the turntable only. The amount of people in line was not the problem. The operations are so bad. I wish the park had the conveyor belt (as compared to the slow as molasses turntable) at St. Louis instead.

And of course, in the newsletter; they are like, make sure you go and ride Roaring Rapids. You just have to with your 90 minute wait, and be in our slowest moving line in the entire park while 3 mechanics just look at the ride, and say well, looks good to us. If they were so short staffed, they should have made mechanic Joe (1 of the 3 mechanics just watching the ride) run the ride than, and have 2 people on the turntable, but nope.
Ilovthevu'

Postby got2havefun on August 16th, 2019, 8:53 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:On August 15th, Roaring Rapids was NOT normal operation. It's pathetic operation. They had 1 person on the turntable where usually the most is 3 people, and than other times they have 2 people. This means they have a person standing with each raft around the turntable area. So, 1 person would mean they only have 1 raft around the entire turntable area at a time. This to me is so stupid that they even have to do that. That line was a 90 minute wait till about the "Roaring Rapids bridge" for the line. It seems like the only thing in the park understaffed was Roaring Rapids. I seen all the games open. They can't get 1 more person to be on Roaring Rapids. That line was SO BAD. Stay AWAY if you see 1 person on the turntable only. The amount of people in line was not the problem. The operations are so bad. I wish the park had the conveyor belt (as compared to the slow as molasses turntable) at St. Louis instead.

And of course, in the newsletter; they are like, make sure you go and ride Roaring Rapids. You just have to with your 90 minute wait, and be in our slowest moving line in the entire park while 3 mechanics just look at the ride, and say well, looks good to us. If they were so short staffed, they should have made mechanic Joe (1 of the 3 mechanics just watching the ride) run the ride than, and have 2 people on the turntable, but nope.

Seems odd thought staffing levels were good for operations this year. Did they have someone at the water canons?
got2havefun

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum